News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for therosenpants

therosenpants Profile Photo
Member Name: therosenpants
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Jun 13 2019, 09:27:08 AM

I think it's pretty common for actors not to leave the theatre in between the matinee and evening show. When I stagedoored Phantom two falls ago only one lead and one swing came out before I had to leave, and I waited a good thirty minutes. So I'm not sure you'd be missing much if you stagedoored the matinee of MR, especially since the leads are insanely popular — they may want to save themselves the headache of too many fans before having to perform for the second time that

Research Paper on Musical Theatre
 May 24 2019, 06:00:41 PM

I think if you are interested in both Modern v Contemporary musicals AND the representation of LGBTA+ issues in theatre, you have an essay right there: Trace how LGBTA+ individuals have been depicted in musicals from then to now, and perhaps pick a specific issue to illustrate even further. Pick some musicals you like from the past and present and see what they have in common in terms of representation, and what they do differently in their portrayals. 

It sounds like a great topi

Musicals most Thepeople hated, but you liked
 May 24 2019, 09:55:28 AM

I am still American Psycho's champion, and I think it was an incredible piece of theatre. It was definitely marketed as a black comedy which is hardly what it was. It was more of an existential nightmare than anything else. Of course it opened at the very end of the season in which Hamilton dominated every single category, so it never stood a chance. I'm STILL upset they didn't record an OBCR, as the OLCR is far inferior in both performances and the pre-revision lyrics. 
<

Hadestown Ticketing Question
 Apr 30 2019, 01:15:11 PM

Yes! That is exactly why I want to get my ticket as soon as possible. If prices are raising like this now, I can't imagine what it will be after (I hope) it cleans up at the Tonys. I'm looking at some seats mid balcony that look reasonable, but I have to wait until they extend. 

I saw that they were 600+ as resale tickets haha. It was just remarkable that they were that much for rear orchestra, AND they were selling for that much per ticket as a 12 seat group (no individua

Hadestown Ticketing Question
 Apr 30 2019, 12:54:52 PM

Hi all, I'm trying to figure out something and I figured maybe someone on here with insider info might know. I'm coming to NYC in September for the BW Cares Flea Market, and I'm very interested in seeing Hadestown. However, tickets are only on sale through September 1st.

With the 14 nominations, does anyone feel that a new block of tickets will open up soon or happen to know for sure? I'd like to get a decent seat for one of the mid 100s price ranges before resellers sn

Which role has the shortest on stage time?
 Oct 2 2018, 09:56:39 AM

SomethingPeculiar said: "One that I'm surprised hasn't come up yet: The Phantom! For a first-billed, iconic leading role, the Phantom only has ~20 mins of stage time, right?"

He actually has about 40~ minutes of stage time, even off stage as there are a lot of parts over mic that the Phantom does every night. And he's sitting in the Angel for a good portion of All I Ask of You waiting for the reprise (and most people don't see him, but he is on the pr

The 2018-2019 Broadway Season - Confirmed Productions
 Sep 7 2018, 11:13:28 AM

ElphabaGoodman said: "Little Dancer is being reworked and re-titled as "Marie" - it's getting a production in Seattle spring 2019"

Hmm, not sure how I feel about the new title. I don't think many people know that the dancer's name was Marie, which is probably a big part of the story itself of course. I hope whatever issues it has get worked out during this production, because it would be nice to see a new musical like this on the b

The 2018-2019 Broadway Season - Confirmed Productions
 Sep 7 2018, 11:08:10 AM

Miles2Go2 said: "I saw Little Dancer (which I keep calling Tiny Dancer; Sorry, Elton) in D.C. and at least then it was not ready for Broadway."

I've always wondered what happened to this musical! I saw video of it a few years ago and was interested because of the subject matter and Rebecca Luker's involvement. Is there a thread on this board I can bump to ask about it? 

As far as this season goes, out of all these "

Spotting Celebrities at Shows
 Sep 7 2018, 10:43:16 AM

I was working the box office at my local big theater during Hamilton's tour stop, and Thomas Kail came to the window to pick up tickets. I was overwhelmed when I realized it was him! I thanked him for all the good work he has done for theatre and for Hamilton itself, but the woman next to him heard me and asked for a picture with him (which I never would have done had I been on the other side of the glass). He asked her if she knew who he was, and she outright said no! All cavalier and la

Shows that Seem Better on the Cast Recording than Seeing it Live
 Sep 4 2018, 03:48:38 PM

ScottyDoesn'tKnow2 said: "I had this moment a few times and most recently, Idecided to download the London Cast recording ofAmerican Psychoand really loved the score. However, this time I think I understand why it didn't receive more praise. I'm not really a fan of the movie nor of Bret Easton Ellis so I can see the material of the musical not being for everybody. I also saw how some of my favorite numbers were staged thanks to YouTube, and though I am very sure

What is the best show you have ever seen
 Aug 7 2018, 10:33:43 AM

The current Off-BW revival of Sweeney Todd is easily the best theatrical experience I've ever had. Saw it three times in one weekend and was astounded every time. I'm so sad that it's closing. Any time people ask for recommendations I tell them to see it.

Before that the best show I'd seen live was American Psycho — an utterly transfixing experience, even with a massive technical error at the top of act one. It did not deserve to close and definitely didn't de

WHAT ARE THE VERY BEST SEATS FOR SWEENEY TODD?
 Jul 28 2018, 08:40:46 AM

I saw Sweeney three times last November. My first seat was A3 I believe, then I sat in D2, and then F4. 

My favorite seat was D2 by far, but it was nice to have seen the whole show from a more holistic perspective than being straight immersed. But as the Sweeney at the time was one of my favorite actors (Hugh Panaro) being THAT up close to him was... utterly amazing. 

Here's some specifics of what action I caught best in these seats, and what I missed. Under a cut

Help! Songs about "Favorite Things"
 Jul 24 2018, 09:58:19 AM

Not sure I remember all the lyrics so it may have some foul language, but "Nine People's Favorite Thing" from [title of show] is definitely a great one!

Shows That Implemented Substantial Changes Between First Preview and Opening Night
 Jul 20 2018, 05:25:25 PM

I just joined this board, been lurking for a while. Howdy!

I saw American Psycho about five performances before it closed. I've seen video of a preview performance and confirmed with the cast member who played Detective Kimball at the stage door that a major plot point was completely changed before opening.

A spoiler for a closed/flopped show? I guess? Under the cut because it got kind of long.