News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for OnBroadway4

Member Name: OnBroadway4
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Amar Ramasar (Jigger in CAROUSEL) suspended from NYCB over  Sep 9 2018, 09:48:27 PM

KathyNYC2 said: "I saw this for the first time this past Saturday matinee and though I remembered the news about the ballet suspensions, I forgot it included the actor playing Jigger. I just kept thinking during the show that I thought the actor seemed miscast and I didn’t enjoy his performance at all. Now I’m wondering if audience reaction colored my views.

And given the scene he has to play with Carrie, it’s doubly creepy to think what’s going on

Eating in the theatre. Thoughts?  Sep 9 2018, 12:04:41 PM

YvanEhtNioj said: "Todaytix is a fan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwejyPG183w
"

That guy is kind cute...that's all.

Late Seating? Should it be allowed?  Sep 9 2018, 11:59:22 AM

There is no simple or easy solution to this problem, IMO. The theatregoers around the latecomer have paid for a unique experience and were on time, therefore should they be taken from this experience (which depending on their circumstances- may have cost them a lot of money and planning time) or should the theatregoers also be compassionate to the fact that the latecomer may have had some unforeseen circumstances and paid like everyone else to enjoy the experience. Now, I will say that I

Eating in the theatre. Thoughts?  Sep 9 2018, 11:35:28 AM

robskynyc said: "BroadwayConcierge said: "The only thing I consume during a show is a drink—usually bottled water. I cannot stand unwrapping noises and candy boxes shuffling around, and I actively stare down people near me if they make that kind of noise during a show. Pig out all you want during intermission! But we all arriveto a show with the same number of hours in our day, so you can and should figure out a way to eat appropriately beforehand so y

Eating in the theatre. Thoughts?  Sep 9 2018, 11:20:23 AM

PatrickDC said: "I agree with those who are confused why someone can't wait one hour until intermission or the end of Act 2 to eat. It must be they are so used to eating in movie theaters, they think the same thing is ok in live theaters. And yes, it's an economic consideration: Theaters are pushing the snack bar. It wasn't that long ago that food and beverages were absolutely forbidden in live theaters. Now it's ok.

I have a chronic sore throat and need to

Eating in the theatre. Thoughts?  Sep 9 2018, 11:16:09 AM

followspot said: "I am a civilized andconsiderate theatergoer, andtherefore only ever eat a small cellophane-wrapped hard candy during a theatrical performance. I keep them at the very bottom of my zippered purse, and unzip/dig/rezip only when I need one, which is every 20 minutes (oddly, only during theatrical performances). Iunwrap each candyas slowly as possible – usually taking a full 5 to 10 minutes each– so as not to disturb anyone (thank goodness the actors are una

Carousel today  Sep 2 2018, 09:50:33 PM

I saw the matinee (1:30pm) today (Sunday 9/2) and Joshua Henry was also out. However, when I purchased tickets on telecharge it did state that he would be out. I was a bit disappointed as I was hoping to see his performance, not because I know him as an actor or enjoy his style as I don't know him and I have never seen the production in any rendition, but I like seeing productions for the first time with the leads that were originally cast. 

I didn't overwhelmingly love th

The Official TDF Threa  Aug 29 2018, 03:43:26 PM

Thank you so much!

Amar Ramasar (Jigger in CAROUSEL) suspended from NYCB over  Aug 29 2018, 03:41:41 PM

Two simple statements:

We don't have enough information.

Innocent until proven guilty.

Both side on here are absolutely right. Yes, many jumped to the defense of the dancers. because the information is so vague and doesn't really tell us much. However, others quickly jumped to the defense of the NYCB stating well if someone resigned and others are suspended it's for not for nothing. And I say, well you're both right. If they were suspended, it's for a

The Official TDF Threa  Aug 29 2018, 03:25:30 PM

What's up for Sunday of Labor Day Weekend?

Which Broadway musical is worth seeing?  Aug 29 2018, 03:10:50 PM

You mentioned having a budget. My suggestion is that you try the online lotteries for the days you are in NYC, you may just get lucky. Also, if you don't mind getting up early, Rush tickets are also a great option. Lastly, you can find great tickets at a great price at the TKTS counter. 

Since this is your first Broadway experience, I think something that has been around for a while might be your best bet.

My suggestions:

Panthom of the Opera

Wicked

Kinky Boots

Aladdin (if you grew up with the movie, you'll also enjoy this.)

Anastasia (I really enjoyed it and the actors gave their all.)

I'm assuming English is not your first language. Understanding spoken word vs. lyrics can be quite tricky. My suggestion is that you read up on the story so that you are a bit more familiar going in. I will also say that you are at an advantage going in as a newbie to Broadway. It's quite hard to be disappointed on your first time, because you have no expectations or anything really to compare to - unless of course you pick something truly horrendous which to be fair, that isn't anything quite horrible on Broadway right now. Not even GTBBT (but I don't reccommend it :))

Here are some links to lottery and rush information and also the TKTS booth:

https://www.tdf.org/nyc/7/TKTS-ticket-booths

http://www.playbill.com/article/broadway-rush-lottery-and-standing-room-only-policies-com-116003

Lotteries, Odds better with 1 or 2 tickets?  Aug 28 2018, 03:11:59 PM

Well, it's a lottery so things are always up to chance. There is no real telling whether a 1 ticket submission will be more lucky than a 2 ticket submission. The only advantage that a 1 ticket submission has, is when another 1-ticket submission wins. The amount of tickets available at most events are usually an even number. For example, Hamilton offers 40 lottery tickets. If a 1-ticket submission wins, that would automatically ensure that another 1-ticket submission would have to win to c

Checking in with KINKY BOOTS  Aug 26 2018, 05:53:25 PM

I saw the show last week from the front row and when I went all the Angels were not white. They were actually a very diverse ensemble. However, I do get what you mean by some of them appearing to be phoning it in.

Go into show blind or music memorized?  Aug 25 2018, 03:40:06 PM

Going in blind, with the music entirely memorized or somewhere in between is really just a personal preference and there's no use in arguing which is best. I prefer going in blind, because I enjoy the element of surprise and wow-factor of hearing the music for the first time. I also find that when I hear some songs without the visual aspect for the first time, I'm not so keen on them, but when I get the full effect I tend to actually really enjoy them and listen to them again later.&n

While a theatre is empty...?  Aug 24 2018, 07:10:48 PM

I'm not sure how it works, but don't these productions have to setup and rehearse. I'm sure that must take some time. 

Someone mentioned mortgages. I'm sure that's not an issue, but the property taxes on these venues must be killer, so it should be important to have a running and profitable show. 

How Much Longer Does KINKY BOOTS Have?  Aug 24 2018, 12:00:34 AM

BroadwayConcierge said: "Kinky Bootsjust went up for five dates on TDF. First time at least I've ever seen them on there. Not a great sign."

Which dates?

How Much Longer Does KINKY BOOTS Have?  Aug 24 2018, 12:00:30 AM

BroadwayConcierge said: "Kinky Bootsjust went up for five dates on TDF. First time at least I've ever seen them on there. Not a great sign."

Which dates?

How Much Longer Does KINKY BOOTS Have?  Aug 24 2018, 12:00:23 AM

Which dates?

How can I convice my parents to let me go see a Broadway show by myself.  Aug 22 2018, 02:27:23 PM

Adescalzo14 said: "So I enter in lotteries and when I win, my dad and I go and see the shows. But right now my dad doesn't have the money to see a Broadway show, but I do. I am a 14-year-old who lives on long island so Broadway is a 1 hr train ride away from where I live. I am very independent and I think that I can go see a Broadway show by myself but my parents don't think so. Does anyone know how I can convince them? Also, I know that the Marquis theatre checks ids when it

Is Broadway Lottery the way to go?  Aug 21 2018, 10:58:03 PM

Lotteries are great for theatregoers who live really close. I'm 30 minutes from Broadway, so it's not difficult to make plans to attend, especially when lotteries that let you know same day inform you between 9am - 2pm and many others actually let you know the day before. This makes it quite convenient to plan ahead for us who are in the area. It's also better than having to show up at a theatre to be informed you're not a winner and trekking back home after was

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You