News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for MadisonGuy

MadisonGuy Profile Photo
Member Name: MadisonGuy
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

2024-2025 Touring Season  Feb 20 2024, 03:47:54 PM

Det95 said: "Broadway in Detroit has started teasing their season to be announced later this month. First one is obvi Moulin Rouge. They haven't done teasers like this before, so it's kinda exciting for us."

I have gotten many more emails about the upcoming season than I have gotten in the last five years. But, I have also gotten a lot more emails about current shows than I used to get, so I don’t know whether there is something big coming or whether th

BROADWAY DISCOUNTS  Feb 7 2024, 12:37:51 AM

Are there ever any discounts for WICKED?

New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?  Jan 22 2024, 10:31:14 AM

wish i were here2 said: "I wonder if this will be a situation where MKM is getting promoted to lead Elphaba, but is currently taking a short break between standby and lead (i.e. Brittney Johnson as Glinda). While, Lissa is the new standby."

I was so disappointed to hear that MKM was, “leaving Wicked,” but your post gives me some hope. I hope you’re right. 🤞🤞 I would hate to see MKM leave Wicked all together without ever being the lead and becoming

New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?  Jan 18 2024, 03:22:44 AM

[Double Post]

New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?  Jan 18 2024, 03:16:02 AM

ElephantLoveMedley said: 

. . .
McKenzie was kind of "forced" to share herWickeddeparture date what with the casting announcement yesterday for Heart of Rock and Roll

. . .

it sounds like with the announcement of her joining the Disney Princess tour on March 12th, that Alyssa will similarly be, “forced” to announce her departure date. 

New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?  Jan 17 2024, 02:37:28 PM

Interesting, Alyssa will have done a year in March, I expected to hear an announcement about her first. 

New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?  Nov 29 2023, 11:28:52 AM

Standby Mary Kate Morrissey posted on Instagram that she will be in all the performances this week except the Saturday matinee. Is Alyssa off working on “Death Becomes Her?” Is a cast change announcement imminent? Who is doing the Saturday matinee, the understudy? Why can’t I simply upload a photo to attach to my post, why do I have to provide a url link? So many questions. 

New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?  Oct 21 2023, 12:52:54 AM

How far in advance of a change in a lead is an announcement made?

New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?  Apr 19 2023, 01:30:52 AM

Is there a way to find out who actually performed a role at a particular production? Occasionally there are announcements that a performer has reached a particular milestone in the number of times they have performed, so someone keeps track somewhere. Is that information public?

New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?  Feb 18 2023, 04:14:58 AM

Has there been an announcement as to when Alyssa Fox’s debut will be?

Post-Show Dining  Feb 18 2023, 04:09:32 AM

Are the post-show dining recommendations still good in the era of Covid? There have been a lot of restaurants which have closed. Thanks. 

Raquel Welch has died at the age of 82  Feb 16 2023, 02:14:21 AM

That is such sad news. She was also very funny. I loved her on Seinfeld when she played herself satirizing her rumored reputation of being a Broadway diva. She was much more than a pretty face. 😢

New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?  Feb 16 2023, 02:05:34 AM

My gf and I are very interested in seeing Mary Kate Morrissey as Elphaba on Broadway. Is there a particular performance, like the Wednesday matinee, that the standby regularly performs? Does it depend on the lead? Might Talia have MKM take the Wednesday matinee, whereas Alyssa might have her always take the Saturday matinee? Just wondering how much we can plan on her performing at a particular time before booking flights and a hotel. 

Beetlejuice casting  Feb 1 2022, 03:43:38 AM

singer234 said: "I can say as a fact they are still holding auditions for a full-time Lydia as of today, so I’m not sure what exactly is going on with the Elizabeth Teeter casting someone previously posted. Who knows!"

Perhaps they are looking for a stand-by or a touring Lydia. 🤷🏻‍♂️

COVID performance cancellation  Jan 26 2022, 04:53:32 PM

Hairspray in Detroit is cancelled tonight (Wednesday). I received an email at 3:46 saying the show has, “been cancelled due to breakthrough positive COVID cases within the company of Hairspray.”  Hopefully, they can put on a show tomorrow. 

COVID performance cancellation  Jan 24 2022, 11:32:33 AM

pg1287 said: "Hairspray tour in Detroit cancelled last night's performance (the matinee went on) and both shows today. Currently planned to resume on Tuesday for week two of the run. I was supposed to go tonight and switched my tickets to Thursday--fingers crossed!

"

Watching closely also. I have tickets for Wednesday. 

Favorite hotels in theater district  Jan 23 2022, 04:10:10 AM

Midnight Radio said: "Citizen M"

Have you stayed at the M Social?

Favorite hotels in theater district  Jan 23 2022, 04:04:22 AM

yyys said: "The Civilian is great and walking distance to most shows."

Just looked at it. It looks amazing and what a great location. 

Favorite hotels in theater district  Jan 21 2022, 04:43:06 PM

Broadway Bob* said: "My favorite has always been the Edison Hotel. Right in the middle of the theater district with entrances on both W 47th St (right across the street from the Barrymore Theatre) and W 46th St (right across from the "hallway" that goes underneath the Mariott Marquis Hotel [giving quick access to W. 45th St and its theaters and Shubert Alley] and diagonally across from the Richard Rodgers Theatre. Beautiful Art Deco design and prices aren't bad this tim

Favorite hotels in theater district  Jan 21 2022, 01:54:22 PM

Thank you for all the helpful responses. Looks like I have some good choices. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You