Beetlejuice casting

hak5 Profile Photo
hak5
#1Beetlejuice casting
Posted: 11/20/21 at 3:32pm

I've looked and can not find info.   Does anyone who when they will announce the cast for when Beetlejuice reopens?  I did hear a rumour that Alex will be back for a limited time ... true?

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#2Beetlejuice casting
Posted: 11/20/21 at 4:30pm

Beetlejuice casting

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#3Beetlejuice casting
Posted: 12/3/21 at 1:44pm

Just got a promotional email from Show Score that says Brightman is returning to the role.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#4Beetlejuice casting
Posted: 12/3/21 at 1:50pm

Same. 

ArtMan
#5Beetlejuice casting
Posted: 12/3/21 at 2:52pm

If that's the case, then that cute little girl needs to be shaking her head yes, instead of no.surprise

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#6Beetlejuice casting
Posted: 12/3/21 at 3:36pm

It was always gonna be Brightman; they wouldn’t bring the show back and film it without him. WB/Universal is pushing Beetlejuice as a merchandising brand as much as they can (he’s their Deadpool), and Brightman is becoming the face and voice of the brand in Michael Keaton’s stead.

allthatjazz4
#7Beetlejuice casting
Posted: 1/2/22 at 12:02am

Have we heard any updates?

phan24 Profile Photo
phan24
#8Beetlejuice casting
Posted: 1/2/22 at 12:35am

From what I’ve heard and can share, Alex Brightman is returning and Lydia will be played by a brand new actress (not Sophia or Presley), she’s been on Broadway before as a child actor.

ElphabaGoodman
#9Beetlejuice casting
Posted: 1/2/22 at 3:51am

phan24 said: "From what I’ve heard and can share, Alex Brightman is returning and Lydia will be played by a brand new actress (not Sophia or Presley), she’s been on Broadway before as a child actor."

Sydney Lucas?

hak5 Profile Photo
hak5
#10Beetlejuice casting
Posted: 1/2/22 at 4:25am

phan24 said: "From what I’ve heard and can share, Alex Brightman is returning and Lydia will be played by a brand new actress (not Sophia or Presley), she’s been on Broadway before as a child actor."

With her abrupt departure I would not expect Sophia to be even considered back

JaredBway
#11Beetlejuice casting
Posted: 1/2/22 at 7:24am

I'm interested to hear if Kerry Butler and Leslie Kritzer will return.  I'd love to have seen Dana Steingold take on Lydia, she still reads young enough to me, her voice is glorious.  

Updated On: 1/2/22 at 07:24 AM

pmensky
#12Beetlejuice casting
Posted: 1/2/22 at 8:00am

ElphabaGoodman said: "phan24 said: "From what I’ve heard and can share, Alex Brightman is returning and Lydia will be played by a brand new actress (not Sophia or Presley), she’s been on Broadway before as a child actor."

Sydney Lucas?
"

Sydney would be amazing.

adotburr
#13Beetlejuice casting
Posted: 1/2/22 at 8:40am

The casting call has rehearsals beginning on/about Feb. 21, 2022 . Hopefully we get some confirmation of casting before then. 

she/her . “everything’s legal in new jersey”

ksdc
#14Beetlejuice casting
Posted: 1/2/22 at 8:53am

Lydia will be played by Elizabeth Teeter (Mary Poppins, The Audience, Crucible, Secret Life of Bees.) 

she was cast to replace Sophia/Presley before the shutdown. 

Updated On: 1/2/22 at 08:53 AM

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#15Beetlejuice casting
Posted: 1/2/22 at 9:12am

ksdc said: "Lydia will be played by Elizabeth Teeter (Mary Poppins, The Audience, Crucible, Secret Life of Bees.)

she was cast to replace Sophia/Presley before the shutdown.
"

I absolutely adored Elizabeth Teeter in The Secret Life of Bees! 

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

NotThatSmart Profile Photo
NotThatSmart
#16Beetlejuice casting
Posted: 1/2/22 at 7:10pm

Wonder if there will be any changes or updates to the book/show? 

I think it’s interesting, because this isn’t a “revival” per say, but they do have the ability with the relocation and new cast to change some things if they wanted, right? 

Updated On: 1/2/22 at 07:10 PM

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#17Beetlejuice casting
Posted: 1/2/22 at 7:15pm

NotThatSmart said: "Wonder if there will be any changes or updates to the book/show?

I think it’s interesting, because this isn’t a “revival” per say, but they do have the ability with the relocation and new cast to change some things if they wanted.
"

I believe it's still being considered the original production, and not a remounting. If there was no pandemic, Beetlejuice probably would have found a new space anyway. 

Oh look, a bibu!

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#18Beetlejuice casting
Posted: 1/2/22 at 7:16pm

But now I wish they made a recording of Bees. Love her voice.

Are they rebuilding the show for this space or retrofitting the set into this new space? Wonder if we'll see any changes.

AEA AGMA SM
#19Beetlejuice casting
Posted: 1/2/22 at 11:11pm

NotThatSmart said: "Wonder if there will be any changes or updates to the book/show?

I think it’s interesting, because this isn’t a “revival” per say, but they do have the ability with the relocation and new cast to change some things if they wanted, right?
"

There's nothing stopping any show from making further changes after opening other than being willing to pay for it. The idea of show being "frozen" after opening is not any hard or set rule. That being said, I can't imagine there won't be some tweaks done as they'll have at least a few weeks of rehearsal in a studio before moving to the stage.

A.J.
#20Beetlejuice casting
Posted: 1/2/22 at 11:59pm

I wouldn't be surprised if the show re-opens with a set that is intended to tour as the first national eventually. 

singer234
#21Beetlejuice casting
Posted: 1/4/22 at 10:10am

I can say as a fact they are still holding auditions for a full-time Lydia as of today, so I’m not sure what exactly is going on with the Elizabeth Teeter casting someone previously posted. Who knows!

Brave Sir Robin2 Profile Photo
Brave Sir Robin2
#22Beetlejuice casting
Posted: 1/4/22 at 1:08pm

A.J. said: "I wouldn't be surprised if the show re-opens with a set that is intended to tour as the first national eventually."

My thought as well! I'm not sure if this being billed as a limited run or not, but I wouldn't be shocked if the goal is to have this run through the holidays 2022 or to early 2023, so it can start touring spring 2023 and free up the Marquis for any new shows trying to wait through the pandemic.

"I saw Pavarotti play Rodolfo on stage and with his girth I thought he was about to eat the whole table at the Cafe Momus." - Dollypop

unclevictor Profile Photo
unclevictor
#23Beetlejuice casting
Posted: 1/4/22 at 3:48pm

Elizabeth teeter is amazing! Brilliant casting

BCfitasafiddle
#24Beetlejuice casting
Posted: 1/31/22 at 5:39pm

Should we get an announcement soon? I imagine rehearsals must start sometime in February?

Loopin’theloop
#25Beetlejuice casting
Posted: 1/31/22 at 7:20pm

EDSOSLO858 said: "NotThatSmart said: "Wonder if there will be any changes or updates to the book/show?

I think it’s interesting, because this isn’t a “revival” per say, but they do have the ability with the relocation and new cast to change some things if they wanted.
"

I believe it's still being considered the original production, and not a remounting. If there was no pandemic,Beetlejuiceprobably would have found a new space anyway.
"

Without the pandemic there would be no second venue. The government bail out is what is paying for it to move. It wasn’t financially solvent previously. Whether it will it’s audience this time, remains to be seen.