News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Stellasteve

Member Name: Stellasteve
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Cursed Child (San Francisco) Closing  Aug 25 2022, 04:04:07 AM

bear88 said: "Those critiques aren’t new and applied before the pandemic, when good seats were tough to find at popular shows. Attendance is soft at the big touring houses, but it’s also down at San Francisco Giants games. One big problem for SF entertainment (not counting the NBA champion Warriors) is that fewer people work in San Francisco.

That's definitely true, Bear, and I think another factor affecting the Potter sit-down specifically is the decr

Phantom & Christine Doubles  Apr 27 2020, 02:51:23 AM

Islander_fan said: "But, Phantom is not the only show on Broadway that has to do that. When we hear Nessarose in Wicked moan after As Long as Your Mine, it's a recording of the actress playing the role that performance. They cannot just have a general track."

The “rewind ... I remember that night” portion of Satisfied in Hamilton is also a recording that changes based on who goes on as Angelica each night. I read that on the Hamilton app once in one o

Hamilton San Francisco  Mar 31 2020, 07:08:28 PM

BroadwaySF cancelled all remaining scheduled performances of Hamilton today:

"Due to the current California stay-at-home mandate and the shelter-in-place order in San Francisco, all remaining performances of HAMILTON have been canceled at the Orpheum Theatre. HAMILTON was scheduled to play through May 31, 2020.

BroadwaySF customers with tickets to canceled performances through May 31 will be automatically refunded to the method of payment used for purchase in performance da

Hamilton San Francisco  Mar 7 2020, 02:32:58 PM
I’ll be sad to see Hamilton go, but a year-and-a-half is about average for a SF sit down. Phantom was an outlier. It might’ve stayed longer if 1) there hadn’t already been a 4- or 5-month run in 2017 2) there weren’t two other national tours circling the country and 3) LA’s sit down hadn’t been announced before this opened. We’re lucky to live in a market large enough to support longer runs.

I did see the show Wednesday to check out the new cast members. Paris Nix is a great Lafayette/J

2020-2021 Touring Season  Feb 5 2020, 12:35:33 PM

Luminaire2 said: "My real question is if Anastasia is staying equity for its 20/21 dates."

I've been wondering the same thing, so I reached out to someone at Equity.  The response I got was:

"We have not yet received confirmation of that tour remaining Equity next season (these decisions are generally made in the spring), though there is a good chance it will remain a union production."

2020-2021 Touring Season  Feb 5 2020, 12:01:33 AM

tourboi said: "Phantom In London, my comments are based on info received from folks working within the Cursed Child orbit. THey've got a multi-year deal for SF. Now, anything is possible and they might break that deal, but they're there at least two years I'm told, possibly three."

Agreed.  When the SHN/Carole lawsuit details were released over a year ago it was revealed that the Potter deal was for three years with the ability to extend:

&quo

Hamilton San Francisco  Jan 28 2020, 12:54:11 AM

Returning to Inception's question, Broadway Las Vegas announced Hamilton beginning Sept 10 of this year.  Given the Angelica and Philip tours will be in Denver and Cleveland respectively at that time, I think it safe to assume And Peggy will depart SF and resume its touring at the end of the summer.

2020-2021 Touring Season  Jan 15 2020, 12:57:24 AM

dmwnc1959 said: "San Jose announcedtoday:

Disney’s “The Lion King”(July 15-Aug. 9)
1776(Sept. 29-Oct. 4;Pre-Broadway)
Dear Evan Hansen(Nov. 10-29)
Jersey Boys(Jan. 8-10 — season add-on)
Anastasia(Jan. 26-31, 2021)
Tootsie(March 23-28, 2021)
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory(May 4-9, 2021)
R

Hamilton San Francisco  Jan 14 2020, 12:19:58 AM

Sho-Tunes-R-Us said: "Stellasteve said: "ChairinMain said: "There’s been no official word but my guess would be Hamilton will possibly extend one more time through the summer before departing. September is a question mark"

Agreed. Broadway SF booked itsentire 2019-2020 season at the Golden Gate, which takes us through “Mean Girls.” That closes Aug 2, so BSF left open plans to keep Hamilton at least through July if it continues

Hamilton San Francisco  Jan 13 2020, 10:51:01 PM

ChairinMain said: "There’s been no official word but my guess would be Hamilton will possibly extend one more time through the summer before departing. September is a question mark"

Agreed. Broadway SF booked its entire 2019-2020 season at the Golden Gate, which takes us through “Mean Girls.” That closes Aug 2, so BSF left open plans to keep Hamilton at least through July if it continues to meet financial plans. Until it reveals the 2020-2021 s

Hamilton San Francisco  Jan 12 2020, 12:15:15 AM

ChairinMain said: "
Did you wind up doing TodayTix rush? I haven’t used it for Hamilton, but every time I’ve used it at the Golden Gate I’ve gotten side Mezzanine. My Ham4Ham lottery seats were in the Balcony. I notice that BroadwaySF is not currently selling Balcony seats for Hamilton through May, so I expect rush tickets should be pretty decent. Heck, I don’t think there’s really a bad seat at the Orpheum since the Mezz and Balcony rakes are s

Hamilton San Francisco  Jan 11 2020, 04:30:02 PM

ChairinMain said: "He’s not on the website yet, but the playbill lists Paris Nix is the new Lafayette/Jefferson in San Francisco. I don’t know if he’s actually started yet or not, I’m seeing understudy Vincent Jamal Hooper in the role today. "

Did you wind up doing TodayTix rush? I haven’t used it for Hamilton, but every time I’ve used it at the Golden Gate I’ve gotten side Mezzanine. My Ham4Ham lottery seats were in the Balc

Hamilton San Francisco  Jan 8 2020, 02:45:26 PM

I think the website cast list is kind of messy right now with all the transitions.  Not all new cast members are listed yet, old cast members aren't immediately removed.  However, Trey should still be there.  According to Julius's Instagram, he is one of the people covering Hamilton while he is on vacation.

Hamilton Chicago closing performance  Jan 5 2020, 01:12:04 PM

Call_me_jorge said: "I thought the San Francisco package meaning the set, costumes, and cast were transferring to LA.
I the set, unlike the touring sets, were designed specifically for the CIBC theatre, so it’s unlikely they’ll be able to transfer the entire package elsewhere. They might reuse some the costumes and small scenic pieces, but besides that I’m not sure.
"

San Francisco extended until May, and LA opens in March so LA is going to need

Hamilton San Francisco  Jan 5 2020, 11:55:07 AM
Last night was the final performance for Julia Harriman, Simon Longnight, and Ruben Carbajal. Julius Thomas also announced on Instagram he is out on vacation through January 12.
2020-2021 Touring Season  Jan 2 2020, 04:58:34 PM

San Jose announces 1/14 and said it will be 7 shows, its "biggest season ever."

Hamilton San Francisco  Jan 2 2020, 01:32:19 AM

Marja Harmon has been promoted from a Schuyler Sister Standby to full time Angelica.  I've only seen her on as Eliza, so I am curious to hear her voice in this role.

Charlotte Mary Wen, formerly Elsa in the Frozen Musical at Disney's CA Adventure, has joined the cast as a Swing and has already gone on as Peggy.

There are three other Swings that have joined as well.

Hamilton San Francisco  Dec 30 2019, 12:57:48 AM

Per Darilyn's and Sabrina's Instagram accounts, tonight was their final show with And Peggy as Peggy/Maria and Angelica respectively.  Also, Donald Webber will be out of the show in January and February working with Signature Theatre in VA on "Gun & Powder."  He says he will re-join SF in March.  Rebecca Covington has covered Angelica every time Sabrina was out when I attended, and she is great so if she covers in the short-term you should enjoy her perfor

Hamilton San Francisco  Dec 26 2019, 12:42:21 PM
I bought tickets for the end of March. I love this cast, but my hope is since it is after the And Peggy 1-year mark and it is after the LA opening there will be some new cast members in SF. Many of the current cast are originally from LA, so I anticipate some will transfer to be closer to family so we’ll get some replacements.
Phantom Tour Question  Nov 11 2019, 10:29:42 PM

Seperite said: "The music from Phantom is some of the best known in the entire canon of musical theater, but no one goes around humming anything Piangi, Carlotta, Firmin, Giry, etc. sings or says."

I have to admit I frequently hum or sing “Notes/Prima Donna” to myself on my drive home from work. I get how some people wouldn’t like all the simultaneous singing in the verses, but I love the way the voices all combine into a beautiful discordance of so

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You