News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for mirramar

mirramar Profile Photo
Member Name: mirramar
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Witches of Eastwick- Signature Theatre
 Jul 3 2007, 01:17:32 PM
I saw it on Sunday and felt the book was extremely weak. I would've liked it a lot more if it hadn't ended so neatly.

This is a show that has so much potential - it just needs a good rewrite!!!

re: 'So You Think You Can Dance' is Back!!
 Jun 18 2007, 02:05:10 PM
I finally watched last weeks episode. . . that had to be the STRANGEST episode ever!!!!

My mouth dropped open when Benji pulled down his pants and showed his American flag undies. That was very very strange.

The other weirdo highlight was when Dominic took off his shirt and then during the judges critique, he kept poking at his nipples.

Anyone else think that the episode was a little nutty?

weigh in
 May 14 2007, 07:49:14 PM
Guess who's officially at her goal weight!!!????

I put on several pounds when I lived in NY, due to working midtown and all the kosher restaurants available there. I didn't quite realize HOW MUCH weight I'd gained until I got married and got a scale as a wedding gift.

In the past year and a half I slowly learned how to eat healthy and joined a gym. In the last 3 months I starting eat low fat meals due to high cholesterol, and did more research on what I should be eating. To ma

re: Avenue Q Picketer
 May 9 2007, 01:19:29 PM
As an aside - my grandparents are in their 80's and LOVED Avenue Q.
re: Pittsburgh 2007-2008 Season Announced!
 Apr 21 2007, 09:07:56 PM
I doubt you'll be getting Q as a special, they'll use Q next year to get people to buy/renew subscriptions.
re: Shows you wished you had seen.
 Apr 16 2007, 06:33:29 PM
You're a Good Man Charlie Brown
Urinetown
The Wiz
Thoroughly Modern Millie

re: New York Accent
 Mar 27 2007, 09:18:46 AM
Watch Entourage.
re: Jospeh Tour Cast Recording?
 Mar 26 2007, 04:25:43 PM
I have the Tour cast recording and like it. I didn't own any of the other recordings, so I bought it at the theater.
re: The Most You've Seen a Show?
 Feb 12 2007, 09:47:38 AM
Wicked - 7x
Rent - 3x
DRS - 3x
Ave Q - 3 or 4x
POTO - 2x
Wonderful Town - 2x
Aida - 2x
Hairspray - 2x

I'm through with seeing shows multiple times. I'd rather have the fantastic memory of seeing it for the first time, and that's it.

did you watch battlestar galactica?
 Feb 7 2007, 03:51:27 PM
Argh!
So upset that it wasn't on this week

Since we tape it, and didn't sit down to watch until last night, we didn't know that it hadn't been on on Sunday.

How do you guys manage to wait week to week to see what happens next? I got so spoiled by watching it all on DVD, it's hard getting used to this!

re: will there ever be a...
 Feb 6 2007, 12:56:19 PM
Doesn't Color Purple offer general rush? AFAIK, Hirschfeld theater always offers student rush for their (crummy) first row.
re: Selling your full price tickets , if you win lottery - Wicked
 Jan 26 2007, 01:53:49 PM
Frontrowcentre2, I completely agree.
I've seen several shows more than once, and they were usually fairly boring the second time around. I think people just like to be able to say they saw the show multiple times b/c it's "cool", or they think seeing the show several times will earn them points with the actors in the show.

Jan 26 2007, 11:41:58 AM
"The lotto is the front 2 rows, So if you win they sell the Row A if not then you still have great seats"

Several of the seats are partial view.

Jan 26 2007, 10:58:00 AM
Why waste your time with the Wicked lottery if you already have excellent tickets? You might end up winning crummy tickets anyways. And you probably WON'T win, so it'll just be an annoying time killer, and you'll be standing out in the cold for no reason, when you could be doing something INDOORS.
re: Rosie hosting TONYs?
 Jan 24 2007, 04:51:54 PM
Yuck, I have no interest in watching Rosie host. . . I don't feel like watching her sneer (which I suppose is supposed to be a smile) throughout the evening.
re: Broadway Ticketing=Airline Ticketing
 Jan 24 2007, 01:12:08 PM
I would never buy my tickets through Telecharge. You'll find much better tickets by calling the box office, or going to the box office in person.
re: Wicked Cancellation Line
 Jan 24 2007, 11:47:14 AM
Logically, it just doesn't make sense that ALL the tickets that people return the day of the performance are prime seats. The cancellation seats are ALWAYS prime orchestra seats. What, nobody with a mezz seat ever cancels?

Cancellation tickets are house seats which are available to the cast (they aren't free, but can be purchased by members of the cast), when they aren't sold, they're available to the general public.

re: Wicked Cancellation Line
 Jan 23 2007, 02:35:21 PM
I always thought that this is what cancellation tickets are:
The theater has a certain amount of house seats that are reserved for members of the cast, if they are not used, then they are sold to the general public, thus, the cancellation line.

The cancellation line seats are ALWAYS prime seats, what are the chances that a cancelled ticket will always be so good? Furthermore, can you even cancel your ticket the day of a performance?

re: Grease: thoughts on Equity Actors auditioning for the lead roles!
 Jan 16 2007, 04:42:04 PM
Part of the fun of the show is watching a "diamond in the rough" non-professional go through the process and learn the ropes in a short amount of time and end up giving a polished performance.

I got so annoyed with the show "So You Think You Can Dance" b/c the winners/runner ups were invariably dance students of one of the judges!

re: Beauty and The Beast=Worst Audience in History!
 Jan 8 2007, 10:36:26 AM
I had a similar problem when I went to see BATB. That's what happens when you go see a "child-friendly" show - kid's are a pain!!!!!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You