News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for musicallover2008

musicallover2008 Profile Photo
Member Name: musicallover2008
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: RENT: Live from Broadway (Film) - Thoughts
 Sep 26 2008, 12:07:34 AM
So how crazy has the mooing been in the theatres you've been to. I'm not going till Saturday and it just crossed my mind.
Civic Center of Greater Des Moines Anounces 2008-2009 Season
 Apr 9 2008, 09:48:14 AM
Des Moines has a decent season this year. Should be a fun season.

Sept 30-Oct 5 2008-Frost/Nixon
Jan 20-25 2009-Spring Awakening
Feb 23-28 2009-Legally Blonde
April 7-12 2009-The Color Purple
Sept 23-Oct 18 2009- Wicked

Special Presentations
Oct 31-Nov 2 2008-Rain:The Beatles Experience
December 23-28 2008-Monty Python's Spamalot
March 19-22 2009-Hairspray
June 10-14 2009- Mamma Mia!

re: The Giver: The Musical?
 Mar 12 2008, 07:22:10 PM
I have to ask, Giver:The Musical, Are you kidding? I just finished designing sound for the play version of "The Giver" and after reading the book again, and reading what Lois Lowery said about "The Giver" it is important that music is not part of the play until the end when Jonas hears it. The Giver is the only one who has heard music and he doesn't share that memory. That is part of the beauty of "The Giver." For that, "The Giver" as a musical would be a terrible idea and defeat the purpose of
Giver the Musical
 Feb 12 2008, 12:46:43 AM
The play was written by Eric Coble and has a very strong script. Also it was commissioned by the Oregon Children's Theatre.
Giver the Musical
 Feb 11 2008, 11:07:48 PM
I have to ask, Giver:The Musical, Are you kidding? I just finished designing sound for the play version of "The Giver" and after reading the book again, and reading what Lois Lowery said about "The Giver" it is important that music is not part of the play until the end when Jonas hears it. The Giver is the only one who has heard music and he doesn't share that memory. That is part of the beauty of "The Giver." For that, "The Giver" as a musical would be a terrible idea and defeat the purpos
re: The Official LB MTV Broadcast Thread
 Oct 13 2007, 02:29:59 PM
So what if it is off. It's a live performance that was recorded. Part of the magic of live theatre is that mistakes happen. If you spend all your time going to shows expecting them to be perfect then what is the point. It sucks that people who care about the arts are the ones that seem to rip it apart and make people turn their backs on it.
re: The Official LB MTV Broadcast Thread
 Oct 13 2007, 01:46:44 PM
So far I'm enjoying it. I'd love to be able to see the show live. To bad I have to wait for the tour.
re: Nice Wicked coverage from Chicago
 Jun 15 2007, 11:48:46 AM
I personaly enjoyed Derick Williams performance as Fyero when I went to the Chicago Wicked in March. Very strong performances all around. What shocked me the most is that when my group had our Q and A after the show, both Derick and the Wizard came out to talk with us. I think that says so much for them.
re: National Theatre
 Jun 11 2007, 03:28:49 PM
I think it depends on what space they use. I think a variety would be great. They could run a show for a while. Then they could do a reperetoire.
Tony Awards Help
 Jun 11 2007, 03:26:30 PM
Hey I accidently didn't get my tape completely rewound last night and only recorded part of the Tony's Last night. If anyone could possibly send me a tape of it, I would be extremely appreciative. Send me a PM.
 Jun 11 2007, 02:41:59 PM
Like I said before. I think this an amazing idea. I hope that it works out.
re: The 2003-2007 BWW Tony Awards
 Jun 11 2007, 02:27:57 PM
Best Play
Take Me Out
I am My Own Wife*
Doubt
The History Boys
The Coast of Utopia

Best Musical
Hairspray
Avenue Q *
Monty Python's Spamalot
Jersey Boys
Spring Awakening

Best Book of a Musical
Hairspray
Avenue Q
The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee
The Drowsy Chaperone*
Spring Awakening

Best Original Score
Hairspray
Avenue Q
The Light in the Piazza *
The Drowsy Chapero

musical numbers
 Jun 11 2007, 01:45:39 PM
Here is my oppinion having seen none of the shows yet. I am grading on if I now want to see a show and if I enjoyed the performances.

A CHORUS LINE B

CURTAINS A

110 IN THE SHADE A

MARY POPPINS A-

COMPANY B

GREY GARDENS C

SPRING AWAKENING A

JERSEY BOYS C- (Enjoyed the performance but not nearly as much as last year.)

FANTASIA B+

Jun 11 2007, 11:45:54 AM
I can agree with you on the point that if they wanted people to know it was censored they should have done something else. Back to the original topic of the thread now. I think it would be amazing to have a national theatre. I think that many people in the country would get behind it. I believe that it would sell very well and would be a huge success.
 Jun 11 2007, 11:36:56 AM
I'll give you that the the midwest is more conservative, but I don't think most of the calls would have came from midwetern people. I think there are many other places that would have called in as well. I think it was a choice that was made as a publicity decision. The tony awards in my oppinion is the best place for Broadway shows to advertise country wide. So in my opinion, the way SA censored themselves last night, was partly a publicity move. It let's people know what to expect, but wil
 Jun 11 2007, 11:04:33 AM
I'm from the midwest and I think a national theatre would be amazing. Would I be able to go to it very often? No. Do I care if it is plays or musicals? No. I don't think you generalization of the people of middle America is fair. Until you come and see the growing theatre scene in the midwest don't generalize. Obviously if we had a national theatre, it would have a board of people through out the country so everyone could have a say. It would be easy in my opinion for a national theatre to
re: Regis and Kelly Broadway Week
 Jun 1 2007, 10:38:14 AM
What an amazing performance from Fantasia. I have to admit I didn't like her voice on American Idol, but her voice is so much stronger now. I wish I was in New York so I could see her performance on stage.
re: 10-Minute Hairspray clip on MTV
 May 24 2007, 12:44:27 PM
Did anyone else the continuity mistake in it, or is it just me? In one shot there is a black dress and in the next shot it is gone. I love this video. It looks like Hairspray is going to be alot of fun!
re: DRAMA DESK WEBCAST TONITE?? theater mania??
 May 20 2007, 09:11:31 PM
Ugh! I just about have thatg anoying song memorized. Damn music theory!
Civic Center Season in Iowa
 May 11 2007, 08:52:01 AM
Is it me or does Iowa have a week season this year?

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

“CAMELOT” - STARRING LOU DIAMOND PHILLIPS TO OPEN THE CIVIC CENTER’s 2007-2008 BETTS BROADWAY SERIES
Special presentations and events will rock and dance their way to the Civic Center’s main stage with the return of four popular favorites and three brand new productions

DES MOINES, Iowa – The Civic Center of Greater Des Moines today announced the fifth show which rounds out the 20

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You