News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for treblemakerz

treblemakerz Profile Photo
Member Name: treblemakerz
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Flying Over Sunset - Previews Thread  Mar 12 2020, 10:41:20 AM
I'll be there tomorrow if all goes as planned. I spoke to a performer I know in the company last night and it seems to be very high stress over there right now. Wishing them all the best tonight.
Funny Girl 2022 Revival  Aug 13 2021, 12:53:06 PM

jlindsey865 said: "I wonder if they could get a really talented Broadway star to do matinees during Beanie's run?

Somebody like Laura Osnes would be a great fit for that.
"

This is a joke...right??

We See You White American Theatre  May 3 2021, 01:55:52 PM

For what it's worth, I have to believe this twitter account is a parody. Reading through their replies they regularly say things like "some blacks should know their place" and "some trans should sit down and shut up" (taken verbatim), as well as claiming to be an industry worker while seemingly having no clue that Mean Girls and Beetlejuice have closed. And some sickening things about child molestation (can I say that with this filter?) that I'd rather not repeat.<

JLP Controversy  Apr 16 2021, 08:26:12 PM

oughtaknow: Yes yes yes yes. You nailed it. I've avoided commenting on this thread because talking about anything more than fluff on BWW feels like talking in circles, but I felt the exact same way. As a lesbian who was going through something very similar to (the Broadway incarnation of) Jo, it was so cathartic to watch that all just be screamed out onstage.

But then I think about how incredible that made me feel, and I think about how it would feel to have that taken away and

COME FROM AWAY will be filmed; aiming September 2021 release  Feb 2 2021, 01:50:36 PM

ACL2006 said: "They say it'll be the OBC. I just hope this does mean the show won't return once Broadway reopens."

Why would you want to hope for that?

Mean Girls to close  Jan 8 2021, 12:35:21 AM
Absolutely heartbroken by this. So many people close to my heart worked on this show and I just have no words. No matter what you thought about the show, this cast and the way they worked together was undeniably special and what a loss they will be.
Loading out in progress at the August Wilson  Aug 30 2020, 10:13:17 PM
I popped by today for a drink at Haswell's and can confirm none of it was props, sets, costumes, or anything even pink really. Just looked like some personal items and junk. No reason for panic.
Bootlegs during Quarantine  May 23 2020, 12:21:04 PM
For those who can't see the original tweet: I've never been great about knowing how to upload screenshots/pictures here, but his original tweet in response to someone's defense of bootlegs (I believe specifically about how watching them was not an issue if they were already filmed and out there) was "One could make the same argument about child p*rn. You didn't film it. No crime in watching."

Several people (who he has dismissed as just teens, though myself and several other "adults" we

Bootlegs during Quarantine  May 23 2020, 03:46:22 AM
So, uh...not to dredge this thread back up, but has anyone else taken a good scroll through Daniel Goldstein (associate director of Come From Away)'s twitter the past two days? Because if you want to see out of hand...
Transgender Performers on Broadway  Mar 19 2020, 04:17:01 PM
Collins Conley? Where in the world did you get that notion from?
Which shows will Covid-19 end?  Mar 16 2020, 12:00:59 AM
I would like to think LCT has the funds to give Flying Over Sunset a fair chance, especially since there was nothing set for the Beaumont after it, but I just don't know anymore. This is all so depressing.
Company Previews Thread  Mar 3 2020, 11:50:19 PM
Most of my thoughts would just be echos of what has already been said, so I'll keep things brief and just highlight what I loved:

- The set, lighting, and direction work perfectly in tandem to create one of the most exciting visual experiences I've had in a theater. I truly was captivated, but not distracted, by what they have created here, and I'm itching to go back just so I can see it again.

- I thought Katrina was phenomenal. While I agree her voice is still finding its way

Company Previews Thread  Mar 2 2020, 11:22:36 AM

Planning to grab rush tickets and go tomorrow night! Company is one of my favorite shows and this will be the first time I get to sit and enjoy a professional production (that I'm not working on) so I'm VERY excited.

New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?  Mar 1 2020, 11:58:38 AM
Ginna Claire is sticking around for a bit, but she's filming something this month, thus the few weeks of absence.
Six Rush or Lottery News  Feb 20 2020, 10:08:13 AM
Got AA 103-104 for tonight. The box office attendant was very sweet and let me know that, unless something drastic changes, the current rush policy will stay in place after opening.
Six Rush or Lottery News  Feb 20 2020, 09:39:39 AM

Hairspray0901 said: "treblemakerz said: "Just arrived at 5:45am (2/20) and I'm second in line."

1. Awesome!

2. I wish people would stop reporting early times here lol....that is just going to make everyone get there earlier and earlier. Soon, people will be camping out! Ugh. And yes, before people attack me - Iknow how rush works, the most "dedicated" deserve these...etc. etc. I'm going next weekend andjust keep hopi

Six Rush or Lottery News  Feb 20 2020, 05:47:21 AM
Just arrived at 5:45am (2/20) and I'm second in line.
Renee Rapp in Mean Girls  Feb 19 2020, 02:05:00 PM

Call_me_jorge said: "Sutton Ross said: "I never bought these 30 - 35 year old people ashigh school students."

Please tell me. Who in the original cast were 30-35 years old?
"

Kate Rockwell is 35.

Frozen Broadway Updated  Feb 18 2020, 11:17:01 PM
True Love is a gorgeous song that I felt added some more depth to Anna as a character so I'm very sad to see it go.
SIX - Preview ThreadI was  Feb 14 2020, 09:00:32 PM

Miles2Go2 said: "Listening to the London recording tonight in preparation for seeing it on B’way two weeks from tonight.

Two questions:

1. In one of the threads awhile back someone posted about which female singer each Queen was meant to resemble musically/vocally. Can anyone recall?

So far: I think:

No Way - Beyonce
Don’t Lose Ur Head - Lily Allen

2. It’s driving me crazy but “Ex-Wives” has sec

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You