Sutton Ross
#2COME FROM AWAY will be filmed; aiming September 2021 release
Posted: 2/2/21 at 1:25pm

OH HELL YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#3COME FROM AWAY will be filmed; aiming September 2021 release
Posted: 2/2/21 at 1:27pm

Wondering if Chad Kimball will be featured in it. Also hoping Rachel Tucker will be apart of it!

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

BwayLB
#4COME FROM AWAY will be filmed; aiming September 2021 release
Posted: 2/2/21 at 1:43pm

Maybe my big chance to see why people wanted the show to win over Dear Evan Hansen

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#5COME FROM AWAY will be filmed; aiming September 2021 release
Posted: 2/2/21 at 1:47pm

They say it'll be the OBC. I just hope this doesn't mean the show won't return once Broadway reopens.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.
Updated On: 2/2/21 at 01:47 PM

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#6COME FROM AWAY will be filmed; aiming September 2021 release
Posted: 2/2/21 at 1:50pm

The live filming of Come From Away will star cast members from the Broadway production, and will employ over 222 people including the members of the New York cast, crew, staff and creative and film teams. 

The current Broadway cast, not the OBC. 

Updated On: 2/2/21 at 01:50 PM

treblemakerz Profile Photo
treblemakerz
#7COME FROM AWAY will be filmed; aiming September 2021 release
Posted: 2/2/21 at 1:50pm

ACL2006 said: "They say it'll be the OBC. I just hope this does mean the show won't return once Broadway reopens."

Why would you want to hope for that?

DiscoCrows Profile Photo
DiscoCrows
#8COME FROM AWAY will be filmed; aiming September 2021 release
Posted: 2/2/21 at 1:51pm

Yeah, makes me wonder if this means the show won't be coming back- which would be understandable but disappointing.

All that is to say this is SUCH good news and I am incredibly excited nonetheless.

BroadwayGuy12 Profile Photo
BroadwayGuy12
#9COME FROM AWAY will be filmed; aiming September 2021 release
Posted: 2/2/21 at 1:54pm

The September release date makes a lot of sense, seeing as it would coordinate with the 20th anniversary of 9/11.

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#10COME FROM AWAY will be filmed; aiming September 2021 release
Posted: 2/2/21 at 1:56pm

This is a very shrewd move since it appears highly unlikely that the show would "reopen" anytime in the foreseeable future. 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#11COME FROM AWAY will be filmed; aiming September 2021 release
Posted: 2/2/21 at 2:05pm

treblemakerz said: "ACL2006 said: "They say it'll be the OBC. I just hope this does mean the show won't return once Broadway reopens."

Why would you want to hope for that?
"

I corrected my message to "doesn't". The release might be in time for the projected reopening of Broadway. Though if it's the current cast, I doubt Rachel Tucker could come over. The original cast would require Petrina, Astrid and Geno Carr coming in from Canada. And I don't think Rodney Hicks is performing anymore (or can).

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

ggersten Profile Photo
ggersten
#12COME FROM AWAY will be filmed; aiming September 2021 release
Posted: 2/2/21 at 2:08pm

Happy for this. But also sad if this means the film adaptation won't be happening. I think a film adaptation that opens up the show to all the locations merely suggested on stage could be even more dramatic and emotional, and, yes, fun.

Also, why does BWW say OBC, when Variety and Deadline say "members" (as someone posted above) - which is it? Updated On: 2/2/21 at 02:08 PM

Mattbrain
#13COME FROM AWAY will be filmed; aiming September 2021 release
Posted: 2/2/21 at 2:21pm

“And I don't think Rodney Hicks is performing anymore (or can)."

He’s had extensive therapy and is doing much better.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

JSquared2
#14COME FROM AWAY will be filmed; aiming September 2021 release
Posted: 2/2/21 at 2:30pm

Sutton Ross said: "The live filming ofCome From Awaywill star cast members from the Broadway production, and will employ over 222 people including the members of the New York cast, crew, staff and creative and film teams.

The current Broadway cast, not the OBC.
"

Source?

bdm250
#15COME FROM AWAY will be filmed; aiming September 2021 release
Posted: 2/2/21 at 2:33pm

One of the original cast members posted on social media that it is the current cast, not the original. Also, Geno is not Canadian, ACL2006.

jvoom Profile Photo
jvoom
#16COME FROM AWAY will be filmed; aiming September 2021 release
Posted: 2/2/21 at 2:45pm

“And I don't think Rodney Hicks is performing anymore (or can)."

I hadn't heard about this? What happened?

Mattbrain
#17COME FROM AWAY will be filmed; aiming September 2021 release
Posted: 2/2/21 at 2:50pm

Back in 2017, he had a neurological disorder that initially rendered him unable to speak clearly or sing, But he’s recovered since then, thank God,

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#18COME FROM AWAY will be filmed; aiming September 2021 release
Posted: 2/2/21 at 3:11pm

bdm250 said: "One of the original cast members posted on social media that it is the current cast, not the original. Also, Geno is not Canadian, ACL2006."

Sorry about thinking Geno was Canadian. I still don't think Rachel Tucker will be able to come over so I wouldn't be surprised if Jenn Collela reprises her role. Also, Q Smith was out on maternity leave went Bway got shut down. So does Q play Hannah, etc. or Kenita R. Miller?

Updated On: 2/2/21 at 03:11 PM

ggersten Profile Photo
ggersten
#19COME FROM AWAY will be filmed; aiming September 2021 release
Posted: 2/2/21 at 4:11pm

Now curious whether this will be a wide release or a Fathom Events type special screening

Kitsune Profile Photo
Kitsune
#20COME FROM AWAY will be filmed; aiming September 2021 release
Posted: 2/2/21 at 4:13pm

For what it's worth, Jenn Colella just posted a link to the announcement on her Instagram stories with the caption "Looking forward to starting this soon!!"

Rachel Tucker was the last Beverly on Broadway, right? I wonder if she's returned to the UK during the shutdown. Regardless, no complaints here about Jenn reprising her role!!

I would be very sad if CFA didn't return to Broadway. On one hand, it's been running long enough that it probably relies on tourists. On the other, I remember people saying in Grosses discussions that CFA has a low run cost. 

Fosse76
#21COME FROM AWAY will be filmed; aiming September 2021 release
Posted: 2/2/21 at 4:32pm

Kitsune said: "Rachel Tucker was the last Beverly on Broadway, right? I wonder if she's returned to the UK during the shutdown."

Well, foreign nationals on work visas aren't technically allowed to remain in the country if they aren't working,  so presumably she should have left a long time ago. COVID-19 somewhat complicates that rule, but does not negate it. 

KKeller6
#22COME FROM AWAY will be filmed; aiming September 2021 release
Posted: 2/2/21 at 5:03pm

I see no reason why this show wouldn't come back. Small-ish, low over head, easy to run. Easy to stand apart and sing on stage, if necessary. But this is the type of show looking to happen now, right? Inexpensive, smallish musical. What could be better? Plus it's a great show!

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#23COME FROM AWAY will be filmed; aiming September 2021 release
Posted: 2/2/21 at 5:16pm

KKeller6 said: "I see no reason why this show wouldn't come back. Small-ish, low over head, easy to run. Easy to stand apart and sing on stage, if necessary. But this is the type of show looking to happen now, right? Inexpensive, smallish musical. What could be better? Plus it's a great show!"

There are two sides to every equation. Low cost (relatively-it is still a huge bucket of bucks) but even lower revenue projections. This is a tourist show and there will be very limited tourists for a year or two at least. What could be better is something new that will attract local/regional audiences, not a been there done that experience. As I said, what they are doing is very smart. 

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#24COME FROM AWAY will be filmed; aiming September 2021 release
Posted: 2/2/21 at 6:18pm

Good times if you're Christopher Ashley and Kelly Devine- they've also got their Diana on tap for Netflix later this year. 

Can't wait to see this again with a mostly-different cast. I got to see Come From Away in July 2017, when it was still relatively recent. I caught most of the OBC, sans Kassebaum and Hicks. 

Films usually release on Friday- I won't be surprised if September 10 becomes the official release date. If this doesn't reopen on B'way, I'm glad this proshot will have it captured for eternity.

Oh look, a bibu!

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#25COME FROM AWAY will be filmed; aiming September 2021 release
Posted: 2/2/21 at 6:53pm

It'll apparentely be with the current cast expect that Jenn Collela will be Beverly/Annette.