News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Dreamboy3

Member Name: Dreamboy3
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Jonathan Groff Sets 2025 Broadway Return with JUST IN TIME?
 Jul 13 2024, 08:20:36 AM

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "Who wrote the book for this?

Even with Groff and Timbers this REALLY feels like a “who’s this for” musical unless they’re going to do something incredibly interesting narratively.

Darin himself doesn’t bring in an audience in the way that the Sinatra name & songbook does. The interesting hook is his surprise death at 37, which is really more of a “what could have been” situation.
&q

Music Man 2000 Revival Cast Recording
 Jul 12 2024, 08:18:53 AM

There are quite a number of other odd omissions:  Lincoln Center’s  Carousel and Wonderful Town with Donna Murphy (oddly, the recording with Brooke Shields is available)

Is Broadway quieter during the Jewish holidays?
 Jul 11 2024, 07:22:42 AM

JSquared2 said: "Broadway Flash said: "I know the city slows down during Rosh Hashana and Yom Kippur, is it easier to get tickets during this time? I’m trying to plan something with a friend for October, I’m wandering if the shows will be on TDF."

If you ever meet a Jew someday, ask them?
"

Not sure how one single Jewish person —especially one who is religiously observant and therefore not attending theater — would

Protesters at Suffs tonight
 Jul 3 2024, 07:39:08 AM

WldKingdomHM said: "Looks like a stunt. Upcoming weeks looks like they are in trouble selling wise. Reminds me of the Parade stunt"

Ummm…what Parade Stunt would that be?

7 or 8 o’clock curtain?
 Jul 2 2024, 09:03:11 AM

I eat after the theater on Saturday nights. Restaurants aren’t open as late as they were pre-Covid. So I definitely prefer 7 pm.  And if a play is long, 7 pm is definitely better since otherwise I’d be getting home after the time I go to bed ( and I live a very quick subway ride from the theater district). 

New Broadway Theater
 Jun 27 2024, 04:46:54 PM

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "Jordan Roth is focused more on producing (the Esparza GALILEO musical and Welch's GATSBY). I don't blame him from getting tired of the whole "being a landlord" thing. There's a ton of headaches that an independent producer doesn't have to deal with...and he still gets preferential treatment by ATG and has something of a say in their global operations."

Boo hoo for Jordan Roth. It must be hard when your parents

Grant Gustin to depart WATER FOR ELEPHANTS on September 1st
 Jun 27 2024, 04:41:45 PM

I am a fan of Gustin’s but didn’t think he was good in W4E. He was the weakest of the principals. I would be surprised if this has any effect on the box office. 

Julianna Margulies and Peter Gallagher To Star In LEFT ON TENTH
 Jun 27 2024, 04:38:18 PM

BWAY Baby2 said: "Julianna Marguliesis tiptoeing back the racist, anti-LGBTQ+, and anti-Islam comments she made on a recent podcast. During a November 20 conversation about the violence in the Gaza StriponThe Back Room With Andy Ostroy, theGood WifeandMorning Showactress claimed the Black community had “been brainwashed to hate Jews.” She also criticized queer and trans people who are pro-Palestine, saying they were supporting “terrorists” who want to kill LGBTQ+ people.---RIGHT ON JULIANNA -SHE IS 100 PERCENT CORRECT!"

I just listened to this podcast. I don’t think you are quoting her in context. She is very clearly criticizing  Hamas and not the Palestinian people.  Perhaps you don’t understand the distinction. 

TOMMY To Close on July 21, 2024
 Jun 26 2024, 08:53:53 AM

As others have suggested, I think the Boomer and Gen X crowd (which includes me) who grew up loving the Who and Tommy may have bought tickets early on. I did. I wonder what the advance was at the time the show opened and what it is now. But it was a real disappointment — a misguided production about trauma that seemed afraid to take on the topic. If McAnuff was the only reason this revival got off the ground then I would have preferred a replica of the original which was far superi

Next Musical Creator that should have a Revue show
 Jun 24 2024, 02:33:58 PM

I would love to see a Michael Bennett revue. turkey lurkey, who’s that woman, and i hope I get it would be sure to be highlights. Plus now having seen Follies at Carnegie Hall it would be incredible to hire Michael Baresse to do the Right Girl. 

FOLLIES at Carnegie Hall
 Jun 21 2024, 08:54:40 AM

chrishuyen said: "I don't know if it's just where I was sitting (dress circle center), but I thought the orchestra was pretty rough at times. Some of the soloists sounded a little weak, there were songs when they seemed almost completely off the beat from the singer, and a certain lack of fullness, especially when the orchestration was less sparse. I don't know if it was the acoustics, the conductor, or lack of rehearsal time, but something seemed a bit off.

Yes, o

FOLLIES at Carnegie Hall
 Jun 20 2024, 09:29:21 PM

Overall this was really disappointing.  It’s not 1985 at Lincoln Center. There wasn’t a single rendition I would want to listen to again. I couldn’t hear most of what Kurt Peterson or Ted Chaplin said. The orchestra was much too loud. My lousy seats didn’t help. 

2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 16 2024, 10:36:19 PM

East Village said: "OUTSIDERS just sold a million tickets with that performance"

They rumble is the highlight of the show. If you buy a ticket based on that you will be disappointed because nothing else comes close. 

2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 11 2024, 08:29:30 AM

starlightlocamotion said: "Final prediction is SUFFS. It feels like the community is really rallying behind Shaina Taub & all the work she has put into the show. Not to mention starring in it as well. There could be a surprise … but I’m sticking with SUFFS."

Yes,  very positive article in the NYT today about the changes. I’d link it if I knew how. That narrative is definitely out there. 

The Drama Desk Awards 2024
 Jun 10 2024, 09:42:05 PM

EDSOSLO858 said: "Dreamboy3 said: "EDSOSLO858 said: "I feel a bit more confident now that Kara Young will win featured actress in a play over Pidgeon."

She wasn’t competing against Pigeon. The entire cast of Stereophonic got an award and weren’t individually nominated.
"

Young also bestedPidgeon at the OCCs and has the potential "third time's a charm" narrative, as she just became the first Black per

The Drama Desk Awards 2024
 Jun 10 2024, 09:34:05 PM

EDSOSLO858 said: "I feel a bit more confident now that Kara Young will win featured actress in a play over Pidgeon."

She wasn’t competing against Pigeon. The entire cast of Stereophonic got an award and weren’t individually nominated. 

What would happen if Parade was mounted today?
 Jun 8 2024, 07:59:34 AM

Not at all. Parade has nothing to do with Israel. You could ask the same thing about Leopoldstadt and the answer would be the same. 

Your thoughts on the 2010 Promises, Promises revival
 Jun 6 2024, 08:36:06 AM

Audra McDonald-led GYPSY for 2024-2025 Season!
 May 30 2024, 07:42:15 AM

TBFL said: "Personally, this doesn't appeal.. Yes she's hugely talented, but the idea of a soprano Mamma Rose does nothing for me. And i'm all Gypsy'd out for a good few years.

Despite her falling in the odds, i'm still backing Katie Brayben for the Tony,
"

she belts songs in her concerts and (no surprise) she does it brilliantly. 

The 77th Annual Tony Award Nominations for 2024
 May 29 2024, 08:51:48 AM

TaffyDavenport said: "Broadway Journal: TONY AWARDS TO BAR CO-PRODUCERS FROM STAGE"

oh that is refreshing. The next reform: limit who’s who credits in Playbills for so many producers. Give more space to the performers and creatives. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You