News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Dreamboy3

Member Name: Dreamboy3
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Robert Downey Jr to make Broadway debut in Ayad Akhtar's McNeal at Lincoln Center
 May 14 2024, 10:43:59 AM

gibsons2 said: "Got kicked out again, another extra 20 minutes to wait. What a mess...."

I was re-queued on my computer and then also used my phone. I got kicked out again from my computer queue but got through on my phone. 

The 77th Annual Tony Award Nominations for 2024
 May 14 2024, 10:22:45 AM

He also doesn’t have a lot of love for Stereophonic which he didn’t even review for the Broadway production. 

Robert Downey Jr to make Broadway debut in Ayad Akhtar's McNeal at Lincoln Center
 May 14 2024, 10:20:18 AM

Same. Waited 9 minutes then got an error message and eventually was told I had lost my place in the queue and had to start over. Now waiting another 19 minutes. It’s inexcusable that after all these years LCT has a system that crashes. 

STEREOPHONIC Original Broadway Cast Recording Thread
 May 12 2024, 10:02:16 AM

Does anyone else have trouble understanding the lyrics?  Both in the play and on the album. 

The Tony nominators should've shown lots more love to 'Here Lies Love'
 May 10 2024, 08:51:04 AM

Sammy232 said: "I was genuinely shocked that Alex Timbers didn't receive a nomination for direction. He was theringleader of something so innovative, that really tried to move Broadway forward."

I am genuinely shocked at the admiration given to Timbers. His direction is all about calling attention to how clever he is to the detriment of the narrative of the work he is directing. I always find his shows to be narratively incoherent which is exactly what I thought

2024 Pulitzer Prize Predictions
 May 7 2024, 08:22:59 AM

steve.sometime said: "Given the recent trend of getting all Pulitzer winners to Broadway, do you think this will transfer? For those who have seen it, will it work on a larger stage?"

Yes, it would work on a larger stage. Or at least in my opinion it doesn’t require intimacy to work. While William Jackson Avery was wonderful (and I’m a fan of his from The Good Place) the Pulitzer for the play is a big head scratcher. I didn’t think that the ending w

Spring Trip Suggestions
 May 5 2024, 08:42:11 AM

I really really disliked The Outsiders as did the three other people I went with. Two of us loved the book when we read it in our youth. It felt so dated. West Side story without the Bernstein and Sondheim score and without the Robbins choreography. A lot of telling and very little showing. Plus I was bored.  I’d definitely recommend W4E which I really enjoyed. I thought it had the stronger score and choreography that commented on the plot. But I may be in the minority on this

2024 Tony Predictions
 Apr 28 2024, 02:29:36 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "Wait, we’re talking about Kara Young not being nominated? I don’t want to live in a world where that happens."

I was just talking about who would win. 

STEREOPHONIC Previews
 Apr 28 2024, 12:41:26 AM

Saw it tonight. Sarah Pigeon is giving one of the best performances of the season. Plus that voice!

2024 Tony Predictions
 Apr 28 2024, 12:38:37 AM

I was sure Kara Young was a shoe in but just saw Sterophonic and Sarah Pigeon is giving  the standout performance of the season. 

Next to Normal Broadway Revival?
 Apr 19 2024, 07:52:39 AM

I’m a huge fan of NTN — I saw the original several times. And I was hoping the London production would move to New York. But the segment at the Olivier awards seemed to lack an edge.  I think it may have been the orchestrations. Though medleys never seem to do a show justice. 

And I can’t imagine a worse choice to play the mother than Lea Michele. 

THE WHO’S TOMMY Broadway Previews
 Apr 6 2024, 08:49:34 AM

I thought this was awful. And  I loved the original and I grew up listening to The Who. Lots of empty seats in the balcony for a Friday night (maybe it was half full). The show was heavily sanitized. The sexual abuse was vague and it seemed Mr. walker pulled Tommy back from having sex with the acid queen?  As others have noted, the sets were cheap and the stage felt empty. The song “21” was so confusing because Mrs Walker seemed so much older. And the choreography w

WATER FOR ELEPHANTS Seating
 Apr 3 2024, 05:23:26 PM

There is a lot of action that takes place elevated on the stage.including a few of the best moments in the show. I sat in the front orchestra and was glad I did. The imperial balcony seems very close to the stage so hopefully that was taken into account in the staging. 

Apr 2 2024, 08:52:33 AM

I suppose it depends in part on whether you thought the priest was sexually abusing her son (and if so the extent of the abuse). She saw her son as effeminate (and probably gay though she may not have understood or articulated  it that way given the heteronormative world in which the play takes place). She was worried about her son’s survival given the abuse he would suffer anywhere he went. And I think the applause is for the strength of her love for him notwithstanding his e

WATER FOR ELEPHANTS Opening Night Critics' Reviews
 Mar 24 2024, 09:18:41 AM

Scarlet Leigh said: "chrishuyen said: "To be fair, I think word of mouth from "casual theater goers" (ie people not on these boards) would be generally positive for this show, and combined with the critic's pick could be enough for it to stay afloat for a bit. I'd certainly be interested in seeing its trajectory the next few months."

I'm not so sure about that. I saw the show a week and a half ago. At least 4 people in my area left

Next Sondheim?
 Mar 22 2024, 06:36:09 AM

ALNM is one of the most commercial of Sondheim’s shows. As others have noted, I would love to see  a full scale revival with lush sets and without stunt casting.  And with the movie version of the Glamorous Life. On the other hand, Follies is my favorite Sondheim score but the cost of doing it justice makes a revival prohibitively expensive and it’s never been commercially successful.  

Playwright on HIV Med Strike / NYTW Responds
 Mar 6 2024, 08:52:59 AM

The least he could do is give his HIV medication to one of the many many people who can’t afford it rather than  burying it. 

Bartlett Sher to Direct J.T. Rogers' CORRUPTION at Lincoln Center Theater
 Mar 4 2024, 06:54:00 AM

Yes, agreed that she was the weak link in an otherwise spectacular cast.

Bartlett Sher to Direct J.T. Rogers' CORRUPTION at Lincoln Center Theater
 Mar 3 2024, 08:35:01 AM

I really enjoyed this but it isn’t on par with Oslo. The acting was great (with one major exception) and while there was a lot of stagehands moving tables around I thought the direction was great. With all of the actors playing multiple roles and lots of short scenes the list of cues must be astronomically long. It’s very entertaining but l left this wondering if it was telling anything that we didn’t already know.  

DOUBT 2024 Previews
 Feb 25 2024, 10:17:34 AM

I saw this last night. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. I couldn’t imagine anyone stepping into Cherry Jones’ shoes, though I was eager to see Tyne Daly try. I thought Amy Ryan would be totally wrong for the part if only because I couldn’t see her as a formidable nemesis of the priest. But I was wrong. It actually worked to her advantage since it underscored the challenges faced by nuns in the church hierarchy. And I thought this production was more nuanced than the

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You