News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for amandap213

Member Name: amandap213
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Broadway Museum  Jun 17 2022, 12:40:54 PM

just saw it's opening on november 15! i was already excited since there has never been a museum of broadway (which is crazy) but hearing the co-creators talk about it in the promo video made me even more pumped! https://vimeo.com/719984238/cf41d3cbde

Box office ticket purchases  Oct 26 2021, 12:00:34 AM

Most box offices have the option of getting physical tickets if you are getting same day tickets or tickets for a show within the next two weeks. If they only offer e-tix, i HIGHLY recommend writing down your email and giving it to them. Having the BO look up your order and resend e-tix is such a hassle! 

Also, if you are getting e-tix, I also recommend asking for a printed receipt of your order in case the email address is entered incorrectly. Some Shubert houses like the Sc

Karen Olivo not returning to MOULIN ROUGE!  Apr 14 2021, 06:32:23 PM

(reminder, karen uses she/they pronouns)

i love how in her video karen mentioned wanting to speak about their decision before it gets whirled around in the media and that's literally what half the people on this thread are doing !! their decision is incredibly brave and she doesn't need your "good wishes," they want a more equitable and sustainable broadway. the people on this thread thinking that this won't do anything, maybe or maybe not, but at least

JLP Controversy  Apr 14 2021, 06:23:03 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "She’s about to win a Tony for it. She’s not stepping down. The idea is laughable and ridiculous. She’s the reason a lot of people are seeing the show and is guaranteed a job in a returning show so please tell me why she would give up a guaranteed paycheck. Because a handful of kids on Twitter with nothing better to do want her to? If I rolled my eyes anymore than I am right now, they’d get stuck."

"a handful of kids

#blacklivesmatter and Broadwayworld  May 30 2020, 11:39:44 PM

Am I the only one who feels like these shows shouldn't be praised for doing the right thing, especially considering most of these shows waited quite a long time to say something? I mean jagged little pill put out a direct, clear message two days ago, that said their names! Shows like Hamilton and the Lion King who employ large numbers of black and non-black poc performers have yet to say anything. I appreciate what some other shows are doing, but as a woman of color, I can tell when

The Tonys are officially postponed!  Mar 25 2020, 02:47:04 PM

any thoughts on when the new cutoff date would be? i'm not sure how much farther they can extend if shows like, american buffalo, plaza suite, how i learned to drive, sing street and take me out may never even open?

Relatives in Musicals  Feb 26 2020, 05:15:14 PM

LxGstv said: "Katie Lowes and Adam Shapiro in Waitress as Dawn and Ogie."

I absolutely loved these two in waitress! the fact that they were both making their broadway debut's surprised me because their voices were so great.

side note: I would love to see something in the future with LaChanze and her daughter Celia who is in Jagged Little Pill right now

JLP Rush?  Feb 25 2020, 02:48:28 PM

anyone know what the rush situation looks like for a one show day on a Sunday? how long does the line usually get?

JLP Rush?  Feb 20 2020, 04:49:53 PM

On Wednesday (2/19) I got to the box office at 10:35 AM and there was no line outside or inside. I was shocked that there was one rush ticket and some standing room available! Unfortunately, Ezra was not on for the matinee, but the view was fantastic! I was the 8th standing room spot which is on the right side of the orchestra.

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content
Theater Gunshots  Feb 18 2020, 04:24:17 PM

Not sure if this is a west side story spoiler since it's well known, but just in case I'll put the little box. 

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content

I saw the revival a few weeks ago and I don't think this will change in previews, but when Tony gets shot the sound is thunderous. I think the entire orchestra (myself included) physically

Mean Girls Cast Replacements  Feb 6 2020, 01:47:08 PM

copathetiic said: "squip said: "Just announced: Olivia Kaufmann is being promoted to Janis full time! "

I mean I expected Barrett to leave but has she even announced her departure yet?
"

i don't think this has been officially confirmed but I saw a tweet today from a verified account (user Katie Minard ??) and she said "starting March 10th an actor of color will be playing Janis full time in Mean Girls on Broadway" and R

Originial Jagged Little Pill stars to transfer to Broadway  Feb 4 2020, 04:43:50 PM

Ado Annie D'Ysquith said: "I think Nora Schell is permanently out of the show. Playbill has Yana Perrault listed as the "replacement" in her ensemble track..."

she posted on Instagram that she is returning soon. no date set, but I am looking forward to seeing her back 

Originial Jagged Little Pill stars to transfer to Broadway  Jan 21 2020, 04:09:08 PM

Yana is going on for Celia (Frankie) tonight! I won't be there but I'm excited to hear how she is. Antonio is also out from the show tonight and both shows tomorrow, John Cardozo will go on. Apparently Jane Bruce has been in rehearsals for MJ so that might be coming up soon

JLP Rush?  Nov 5 2019, 11:48:40 AM

wonder how the lottery and rush seats will differ. based off of Anastasia rush tickets, the line of sight was pretty obstructed. the Broadhurst has some harsh obstructed view seats in the orchestra with a super low bearing mezzanine. anyone with insight on the stage setup think extreme left/right seats would be partial view?

Tick Tick Boom casting  Nov 5 2019, 09:07:30 AM

according to deadline Vanessa Hudgens has been added to the cast. Not sure what role she was cast in, as Alexandra Shipp was cast as Susan. Not too sure about Hudgens being added. thoughts?

Renee Rapp in Mean Girls  Oct 4 2019, 04:22:40 PM

i saw her during her short stint when taylor was doing kinky boots and holy god i was blown away. her world burn in character is so incredible. i've seen taylor, ashley and renee as regina, and renee's vocals just blew me out the water. i do agree that the world burn video was very staged and almost awkward, but if you have the chance to see her in the actual show, do it !! 

DEH sro/rush/lottery?  Jun 19 2019, 11:09:18 PM

updating this thread! I was looking for recent updates and I couldn't find any. so today (6/19) my friend and I got to the music box at 8:20 and we were the first in line until around 9. once the doors opened, there were only two standing room tickets each for the matinee and the evening. I bought the two for the matinee, but I needed four. the lady at the box office said to wait in the back of the lobby by the wall until 11. at 11 she would let us know if there were any unclaim

New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?  Jun 6 2019, 05:55:34 PM

saw hannah corneau yesterday at the wednesday matinee and i thought she was an incredible elphaba. she added another dimension to the character, somewhat like a softer side which i thought was refreshing. her no good deed was absolutely incredible, she performed some riffs that i've never heard before! she and ginna claire mason have great chemistry. 

Hugging Actors At Stage Door  Jun 3 2019, 10:33:29 PM

i've had several occasions where an actor has initiated a hug! christy altomare has initiated millions of hugs. and even some actors at mean girls have initiated hugs with me! i think it depends on the actor. and asking for one beforehand definitely helps, but going in for a hug WITHOUT asking is highkey gross.

Best/worst stage door experience?  May 16 2019, 12:00:17 PM

surprised by all the mean girls comments. i've seen the show about six times and i've never had a problem, sure the crowd can get a little pushy, but nothing i haven't seen before. and every single actor i've met at the august wilson has been nothing but kind! 

i think we can all agree that christy altomare is the queen of stagedooring. i saw the show three days before closing and the crowd was INSANE. she literally talked to every single person and cried with

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You