News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Steeler Jim

Steeler Jim Profile Photo
Member Name: Steeler Jim
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: RE: Rent - Are you KIDDING ME??
 Feb 21 2006, 08:24:00 PM
Yet another reason I no longer post here. The thread police here are more ridiculous than FEMA. FORGIVE ME FOR STARTING A NEW THREAD, CONTROL FREAKS!!!!!

I'm done.

re: RE: Rent - Are you KIDDING ME??
 Feb 21 2006, 08:18:28 PM
I don't care about other threads, greene. I had to spew!!
RE: Rent - Are you KIDDING ME??
 Feb 21 2006, 08:12:15 PM
Sorry, I'm a heterosexual man who's very emotional right now. There is no question, after watching the Rent extras, that the alternate ending should have been the ending of the movie!!! End of the discussion. I mean, C'MON!!!!!!!!!!

And Goodbye Love?? BAD CUT!!

Chris Columbus is on my **** list. He needs to do something REALLY special to get off of it.

re: Christian Groups View on the movie Rent
 Dec 9 2005, 10:27:16 AM
The problem with these extreme fundamentalists is that under the current "leadership" in this country, they are gaining more and more power. People like Jerry Fallwell, James Dobson, etc., are literally brainwashing people into believing that the intolerance they preach is "What Jesus Would Do".

Personally, I'm sick to death of people who think it's their right to tell me how to live my life. And the only way to shut them up is to take away the power of the Dobsons and Fallwells of the

re: Does anyone remember...(warning: dont open if you're sick of Rent posts
 Dec 2 2005, 11:53:02 AM
Well, I don't know about the losing my marbles part, but I sure will be one of the first in line to get that DVD (I assume) when it comes out.

I never saw Into The Woods live, but the video of that show is wonderful. So, I don't think anything would really be lost in translation to video for Rent.

Dec 2 2005, 11:47:14 AM
well, if that's true, Emcee, then they need to close Rent so the people who can't get to New York to see the stage show (or the traveling show) can see how much better it is on stage than on film (and I liked the film, BTW).

Of course, I'm kidding about closing Rent, but you get my point.

Dec 2 2005, 11:41:51 AM
So, basically, the original cast show WAS filmed???

Where can I get THAT film in it's entirety????

re: PATRICK WILSON 'BAREFOOT' PHOTO!!! (Oh, and Amanda Peet, too...)
 Dec 1 2005, 11:44:59 AM
Is anyone else getting tired of revivals getting so much exposure?

I mean, Barefoot in the Park? Been there, done (and seen) that.

Doesn't ANYONE have any new ideas anymore? It's the same problem in films, too - King Kong, anyone??

Sorry - had to vent. There are tons of new shows out there that deserve to be seen, but the money people are too chickens*** to take a chance. They'd rather churn out old crap that makes money. Pitiful.

re: Roger Bart
 Nov 30 2005, 11:21:24 AM
George is definitely bye-bye, probably sharing a room with Rex in hell...
re: Fans of Rent's Screenplay. . . For your consideration
 Nov 30 2005, 11:17:17 AM
The music was great. Screenplay....not so much.

Thanks, though.

re: One question, Yes or No answer (about RENT)
 Nov 30 2005, 11:12:31 AM
Rent was made into a movie? Really?

Hadn't heard that.

re: Rosario Dawson...the weakest link
 Nov 24 2005, 10:51:56 AM
There was no "weakest link,", and especially not Rosario Dawson, who, in my opinion, was wonderful. As was Traci Toms, whose acting skills blew me away.

The only complaint I have is that the movie theater I saw it in had the projection bulb turned down so low that in the nighttime scenes it was practically impossible to see faces.

I HATE theaters that do that to save money. They absolutely suck.

re: What's your favorite scene from the RENT movie?
 Nov 24 2005, 10:45:02 AM
Why is everyone so fixated on the damn cliff scene? It was fine by me - showed that he was in NM - what's the big freaking deal?

I guess I'm fortunate that I don't watch MTV and would rather listen to Yoko Ono singing tribal chants than anything Britney Spears does....

BTW - I am 40 years old, out of shape and can't dance a lick, but La Vie Boheme had me bouncing in my seat like a little girl on speed...

re: Mooing in theaters
 Nov 23 2005, 05:19:36 PM
Sooooooo....

By the "no mooing" logic, I guess I shouldn't have clapped at the end of "Rent" when the camera panned over the neighborhood (like everyone else in the theater did), shouldn't have laughed out loud (like everyone else in the theater did) several times during the film, and, of course, I shouldn't have sung out loud (like everyone else in the theater did) during "La Vie Boheme?"

Guess I shouldn't have mooed, either. Drat.

Rent Review
 Nov 23 2005, 03:12:19 PM
It's not that unusual that reviewers disagree strongly about movies. It happened with pretty much every Star Wars film, Titanic, etc. It's all about personal tastes.

There are reviewers out there who take a single flaw in a film and pan it for that, and there are others that will give a rave to a film filled with flaws simply because more things in the film work than don't.

Full disclosure - I'm a journalist, and a former movie/arts critic. Former, because I really hated the fe

Rent Review
 Nov 23 2005, 02:54:03 PM
Leave it to those smart people in Pittsburgh to get Rent...

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05327/610947.stm

re: Actor Gets Standing Ovation For Ejecting Cell Phone Offender
 Nov 23 2005, 10:53:12 AM
Sometimes it is important for people to have cells with them - doctors, parents with babysitters watching children, etc.

BUT - there's no excuse for leaving them on anything but silent or vibrate during the show. I always joke in curtain speeches in the theatre I'm involved with that "if you have a cell phone and it goes off during the performance, expect to hear a gunshot shortly after from the snipers we have hidden in the fly space."

re: Another Kristin Chenoweth commercial
 Nov 23 2005, 10:15:25 AM
I've seen it two days in a row during the Today show on NBC - both at around 8 am. Seems to be in that rotation.
Who Cares What Anyone Else Thinks Of Rent???
 Nov 23 2005, 09:56:19 AM
I'm tired of the bickering.

I loved it. Someone else in the theater I was in hated it.

Y'know what? WHO CARES!!!!

I personally will see it again. Then I will buy the DVD when it comes out.

And I really couldn't give a rat's ass what anyone else thinks, because none of them live in my skin, nor me in theirs. I don't need their approval to justify my opinion. Nor do they need mine.

This is my last Rent-related post. Hopefully, many o

The RENT bear guy see's RENT
 Nov 22 2005, 04:12:44 PM
Gotta agree with you again, Emcee. At the risk of sounding crude, there's an old saying: Opinions are like ass*****, and everyone's got one.

Some just stink more than others...

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You