News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BroadwayBettini

BroadwayBettini Profile Photo
Member Name: BroadwayBettini
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Great Soubrettes
 Oct 30 2006, 07:31:01 PM
What are some really great examples of great actresses today who are soubrettes? What about actresses who went from soubrette to leading lady???

Any examples. For me soubrette is always one of the hardest types to pin down. Too pretty for character, to quirky for ingenue, to young for leading lady.

re: Color Blind Casting
 Oct 29 2006, 09:12:09 PM
Basically there is a theater rule!

Color blind casting is an option if the music and story do not mention race, and race is not central to the plot.

It's sometimes to pin down and it's also very debatable, but the truth is LES MIS isn't about them being POOR AND WHITE, it's about them being poor.

Color Purple it's about the struggle to be Black and poor in America, and how these characters triumph over circumstances.

re: Color Blind Casting
 Oct 24 2006, 07:50:09 PM
At least in my oppinion this is what I feel about the difference in Racial Casting in Les Mis and Color Purple.

The Color Purple is all about race. Some may disagree, but the poverty that the characters endure is simply beacause they are of a certain race at a certain time in American History. If the characters are poor and white(during the same time period) they would still on some level in American society have more rights to achieve their goals and objectives. Not to mention how muc

re: worst performances on broadway?
 Feb 13 2006, 06:44:12 PM
OKay...I'm a little off...CCR was on parade...okay She does sound really good. But for some reason I didn't get a feel for her as belle..but she does sound great actually. Interesting...I guess it always depends on the music, if it suits the voice or not!
Unpopular Opinions You Hold
 Feb 13 2006, 06:31:23 PM
my oppinions
1. RENT gets on my nerves, not to mention the movie sucked.
2. I thought the POTO movie was horribly done, but I saw it 3 times in the theater because Gerard Butler is so sexy!
3. Light in the Piazza is Beautiful, and I cried for hours.
4. Jane Eyre is one of the best written musicals in a long time.
5. Shoshana Bean is a crappy singer, her inflection is horrible, and frankly her technique sucks...no wonder she blew a cord!
6. Idina is actually quite

re: worst performances on broadway?
 Feb 13 2006, 05:46:20 PM
CCR for sure...she was only on broadway because of being on Even Stevens...I couldn't believe they cast her, when they could have cast any of the million of unknowns who can really sing. Thank God for Ashley Brown!
re: Cast Recording Lists
 Feb 12 2006, 03:47:08 PM
I just don't have enough money to buy all the cast recordings I want...I only buy what I really really need or want.

Your collection is great though...I'm so jealous

re: LESTAT OFFICIALLY DELAYED!!!
 Feb 12 2006, 03:43:41 PM
It's the curse of the vampire musical.....I would think producers would have figured that out already.

re: AMDA
 Feb 14 2005, 09:46:49 PM
This is not good at all.

I got accepted in December for thier october semester in New York, and I have no where else to go, and I'm moving into new york. I'm going there to work and not fool around, this is a passion and serious to me, and I hope that this school and some of it's students don't make it a mockery.

The thing i'm most worried about is the housing. If it's that bad I really am trying to think of alternatives. I haven't even graduated highschool yet, and since I'm

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You