News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Phantour

Member Name: Phantour
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

How's the current POTO West End cast (Robyns/Hull)?
 Jul 20 2023, 08:26:26 AM

Holly-Anne Hull will be leaving the London production of Phantom on 29 July 2023. Starting 31 July, Lily Kerhoas will be the principal Christine Daae.

SWEENEY TODD at Signature Theatre (Arlington, VA)
 Jun 5 2023, 10:39:11 AM

On the subtopic of the Fun Home cast at the Studio Theatre, it has been announced on their website if anyone hasn't seen it yet:

Studio Theatre - Fun Home

Phantom Closing?
 Apr 15 2023, 10:32:16 AM

Lot666 said: "

I would be remiss if I did not also mention that Ted Keegan did a very fine job at the 4/12/23 matinee. I had seen him once before and was very disappointed by his Phantom, but perhaps he was unwell at the time because I was pleasantly surprised by him on Wednesday."

I have been hoping you'd catch Ted one more time. I'm glad to hear that maybe your first performance of his was an off night and he surprised you on Wednesday. I'

Phantom Closing?
 Apr 13 2023, 08:12:26 AM

Phantom4ever said: 

"Nothing else weird happened until the final lair when Julia's veil started to fall off and finally fell off as she ran to protect Raoul from the Punjab lasso. It fell off upstage behind Raoul. So Ted changed some of his blocking to walk around Raoul, grab it, scream into a bit, and drop it where it was supposed to be.

Then, when it came time to let Raoul go, Ted grabbed a candle and held it up! I haven't seen that since before t

Phantom Closing?
 Mar 26 2023, 11:00:15 AM

Lot666 said: "You got lucky! Patricia Phillips was similar, but she departed for Sweeney Todd. At the end of the 35th anniversary performance, I spoke with a former Broadway Carlotta who commented on how Raquel plays the role quite heavily for comedy. This is not how it was directed by Hal Prince, so it's either a personal choice or the fault of Seth Sklar-Heyn.

Glad you enjoyed the show!
"

It's interesting to see how different Carlotta can be playe

Broadway actors with odd voices
 Mar 24 2023, 07:42:17 AM

Phillyguy said: "Ben Crawford?"

Ben Crawford five years ago, not so much. Ben Crawford now with his odd vowel placement most likely to sustain notes, YES. 

Phantom Closing?
 Mar 23 2023, 08:25:24 AM

Broadway Flash said: "Can we get an update on the standing room? They only sell when it's sold out, correct? Are all the performances sold out?"

There is no definite answer. A future performance can be sold out at one time, and then tickets open up. Sold out again, another ticket opens up. Usually by the day of the performance, it will sell out. I think standard policy is that the performance has to be sold out before any SRO tickets can be sold. However, some da

Phantom Closing?
 Mar 17 2023, 11:06:47 AM

Lot666 said: "Sales for April 14 are certainly going a LOT slower than they did when April 15 went on sale. Those prices appear to be a major deterrent. I'll be there, but I'm embarrassed to admit what I paid for my ticket."

I wonder if it's because most fans already got tickets for the 15th or maybe holding out if any extra tickets become available to the general public for the final performance (after alumni RSVP). I went on a little after 10 AM and was

Phantom Closing?
 Mar 16 2023, 12:43:06 PM

I've heard a couple stories of the box office agents being grumpy lately. I can only imagine what they will be like tomorrow when they open up the box office, I don't know which side to wish good luck to... wink

Phantom Closing?
 Mar 16 2023, 07:34:33 AM

Songofpurplesummer2 said: "Hello does anyone know if Phantom is participating in the BCEFA collections and if they are selling and signed playbills or window cards? Thank you :)"

They should be selling signed posters soon. I know someone who saw the show yesterday and he saw the cast downstairs signing posters after the matinee. 

Phantom Closing?
 Mar 11 2023, 07:50:37 AM

Emilie was back on as Christine on Friday night. 

Phantom Closing?
 Mar 10 2023, 12:53:46 PM

MimiChika said: "Correction: NO extention

apparently they where trying to figure it out. They couldn’t secure a cast on time. It will close April 15 indeed.

sorry for the fog using.
"

If only they decided on it/reached out to the cast sooner. I'm sure many have already been auditioning, booked future projects, or taking vacations. It'd been nice to give them more almost a month's notice. 

Phantom Closing?
 Mar 10 2023, 11:44:29 AM

Phantom Invite - this letter made its way on a Phantom facebook group today. I am not sure of its authenticity. 

Phantom Closing?
 Feb 23 2023, 10:35:05 AM

BorisTomashevsky said: "MemorableUserName said: "The Monday schedule was posted a few pages back so you all probably already know: Laird is scheduled to go on 3/6."

Wonderful news, thanks for mentioning that. I missed the schedule so will aim for 3/6!
"

Yes definitely get a ticket for 3-6! It’s also Lairds final day in the production!! 

Phantom Closing?
 Feb 22 2023, 05:30:19 PM
Lot666 said: "Voter said: "Jeremy Stolle is by far my favorite Phantom. Greg Mills is a close second. If Laird gets to go back on, then he'd be my third. Some solid talent at the Majestic right now."

Sometimes the order moves around for me, but basically, I agree. It still confounds me that none of them were ever given a full-time contract to play this role on Broadway.
"

I think fans have been wondering that for years with Jeremy Stolle. Unfortunately, all the Phantom understudies are just so talented that I think they want to use them for other roles too. The price of being a good swing/ensemble member.

Phantom Closing?
 Feb 22 2023, 08:48:14 AM

Listener said: "All I've seen is a brief clip of him from the Final Lair where he seemed to walk around in a very contemporary way...confidently and with ego....not at all seeming like a broken man from another century making desperate threats.

I think someone online even likened Ben's vibe to that of a "dude-bro".

...is that how he comes off in the role, ultimately? Is his a performance out of step with the era and needs of the material?

Phantom Closing?
 Feb 17 2023, 08:51:33 AM

Lot666 said: "Phantour said: "I had a Christine switch up midshow"

You mean they actually switched actresses midway through the show? What happened?
"

Emilie injured her leg backstage so Kanisha Marie Feliciano filled in for her from Il Muto to the end of the show. 

@HunterK, I'm sorry you keep missing Emilie. I thought since they reduced her performances to 5 a week she had a good attendance record. If you go back to the

Phantom Closing?
 Feb 16 2023, 10:59:38 AM

defenses said: "Phantour said: "defenses said: "I just got home from Wednesday night’s show, and I have a lot of feelings. Most of them are about John Riddle!! The show feels so different when Raoul is a strong member of the trio. I’m so sad I'll probably won’t get to see him again "

Are you going back to the show anytime after April 1st? The plan, as of now, is he's returning to finish the show starting April 3rd.
"

You just made my day!!! I am going on April 8, so I'll gladly suffer through Paul's Raoul four more times if I can see him again.

I've only seen Paul (on Broadway) and Hadley (in RAH) in full, so I had a very negative view of the character. John blew me away last night. He was not cocky at all. He plays Raoul as if he’s a young man madly in love and in over his head trying to help Christine. He seemed to have a smile on his face most of the time (and he totally checked out Christine during Il Muto!). I can easily see why Christine falls for him. I was surprised with how young Julia's Christine felt compared to Emilie's, but I think it's partly due to their Raouls.
"

I saw John this past Monday after seeing Paul four time in the role and I agree with you. It's a refreshing take on the character. I have definitely seen it more this year than when I saw him last October. I had a Christine switch up midshow, and he didn't seem as warm to Kanisha as he was with Emilie. However, I saw John and Kanisha in January and it was like a switch - John was warm, but Kanisha was a bit feisty with him. I would imagine his plans should stay the same and he will return April 3. It looks like Titanique has tickets until May so even if they extended, that wouldn't affect the plan he has in place. Kudos for him bouncing around between both shows for almost a year! 

Phantom Closing?
 Feb 16 2023, 08:42:37 AM

defenses said: "I just got home from Wednesday night’s show, and I have a lot of feelings. Most of them are about John Riddle!! The show feels so different when Raoul is a strong member of the trio. I’m so sad  I'll probably won’t get to see him again "

Are you going back to the show anytime after April 1st? The plan, as of now, is he's returning to finish the show starting April 3rd. 

Phantom Closing?
 Feb 12 2023, 07:51:11 AM

martinsmithfan said: "I’m curious what everyone’s thoughts are on Ben Crawford’s Phantom?

Ben is solid in the role, but to me, I wouldn't say he excels in it. He has a strong voice, but the vowel placement is a bit odd and he can get into a "Shrek" voice at times. To me, he can be really on or he can go through the motions of a particular scene. However, he usually brings his A game when it comes to the Final Lair. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You