News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for WickedOne2

WickedOne2 Profile Photo
Member Name: WickedOne2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Blog Address:

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Could Zooey Deschanel play Jenna in Waitress?  May 28 2018, 01:59:43 AM

I don't think so.  I saw her in Beauty and the Beast Friday night at the Hollywood Bowl and I wasn't impressed at all. 

Where are lottery seats for Curious Incident in Los Angeles located?  Aug 18 2017, 03:37:42 PM

Oh thanks Dame.  Good to know.

Where are lottery seats for Curious Incident in Los Angeles located?  Aug 16 2017, 04:00:16 PM

I have had season tickets to the Ahmanson for years (including this year) and do not recall ever seeing a lottery for a show there.  Only the Pantages.

West Side Story at the Hollywood Bowl  Jul 16 2016, 02:05:24 AM

I went last night and thought the show was very well done, particularly since they put it together in 3 days. Solea Pfeiffer, Jeremy Jordan and Karen Olivo were fantastic as was Julia Bullock with her solo of Somewhere. It was definitely a shortened version of the show that followed the stage version as opposed to the film version.  I kind of missed the dance numbers but the show was very enjoyable.

Idina Menzel World Tour  Oct 5 2015, 06:27:34 PM

I was at the Hollywood Bowl show Saturday night and I thought she sounded fantastic. Loved her song list too.  She was so cute and personable, reminds me of years ago when I saw her at the Wiltern Theatre and she told stories of how she was a wedding singer before Rent.

Help finding a 1st dance song for my wedding  Oct 19 2014, 06:29:27 PM
My husband and I used Can't Take My Eyes Off of You as our first dance song and gave the band the Jersey Boys arrangement to make it more upbeat with horns. So that could work whether you use a band or DJ
Neurotic/Awkward Male Characters  Sep 19 2014, 07:25:05 PM
Mark in Rent
Moritz in Spring Awakening

Blithe Spirit with Angela Lansbury  Sep 16 2014, 06:24:27 PM
Just got an email from Center Theatre Group that it is the replacement production at the Ahmanson in December 2014/January 2015. So all season ticket holders automatically get tickets.
Bullets Over Broadway Seating  Mar 28 2014, 12:07:47 AM
Can anyone tell me how the view is from the right rear orchestra, seats 28 and 30?
TABOO Reunion  Jan 24 2014, 12:25:21 PM
This is directly from the 54 Below website:

"Exactly ten years after closing on Broadway, Boy George’s TABOO returns to New York for a very special two-night-only engagement benefiting Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS. The concerts star Matthew Rowland (Boy George) and Samuel Buttery (Leigh Bowery), both of whom will be reprising their performances from the 2012 revival of TABOO at the Brixton Clubhouse in London. Jeremy Kushnier (Footloose, Jersey Boys, Jesus Christ Superstar) takes o

Kinky Boots Lottery  Dec 29 2013, 10:47:40 PM
i did the Kinky Boots lottery at the added matinee the day after Thanksgiving and was probably the 20th name called. They called at least 15 names after mine. I ended up front row stage left. The view was fantastic even though the stage is a bit high but the speaker was at our feet so we felt a great deal of the bass. I was fine with it but my husband preferred to move so we ended up moving to two open seats front row center on the aisle at intermission.
Finest acting performances on Broadway?  Dec 21 2013, 08:29:54 PM
I have a few:
Raul Esparza in Company (having seen both him and DHP, he was robbed of that Tony) Norbert Leo Butz in Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
Patti LuPone in Gypsy
Idina Menzel in Wicked
Audra McDonald in Porgy & Bess
OBC of God of Carnage
Current revival cast of The Glass Menagerie
Bobby Cannavale in Motherf**ker with the Hat

Rock of Ages at Helen Hayes Seating Question  Nov 21 2013, 07:06:55 PM
I did rush tix last year and I believe I got E 8 and 10 or something like that on the extreme right. You miss some of the action at the bar but it wasn't horrible.
Who did you see in Cabaret?  Nov 18 2013, 12:03:18 AM
I saw the closing cast of the 1998 revival with Adam Pascal and Susan Egan.
Shows you wish would come back  Nov 14 2013, 06:17:58 PM
Next to Normal
Taboo
Into the Woods
Spelling Bee
Assassins
Carousel

New Musical Recommendation  Nov 12 2013, 12:54:37 PM
I will be in town for the week spending Thanksgiving with family and I am trying to pick another show to see. I already have tickets for The Glass Menagerie and I need to pick at least one more show. I am leaning toward a musical but have seen many of them already. Would greatly appreciate any recommendations. Was thinking about After Midnight (but not a Fantasia fan), Little Miss Sunshine (loved the movie), Fun Home or Gentleman's Guide to Love & Murder. Thanks!
Good Place for Lunch in the Theatre District?  Aug 29 2013, 11:57:11 PM
I love 5 Napkin Burger. Eatery is also good

The five best 11 o'clock numbers in Broadway history  Aug 6 2013, 09:45:01 PM
Having seen all but Caroline or Change (although I have seen select performances from the show), I would swap out Fly Fly Away with What I Did For Love.

Performances That Should Have Won A Tony  Aug 5 2013, 01:03:03 AM
Raul Esparza - Taboo and Company
Euan Morton - Taboo
Aaron Tveit - Next to Normal

Best Performance You've Seen?  Jul 24 2013, 03:10:32 PM
Forgot to mention Norbert Leo Butz in Dirty Rotten Scoundrels and John Gallagher Jr. in Spring Awakening
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You