News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Practically Perfect

Practically Perfect Profile Photo
Member Name: Practically Perfect
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Lead in Avenue Q London
 Jan 7 2008, 01:09:57 PM
His name is Daniel Boys. He was a contestant on "Any Dream Will Do".

http://www.danielboys.net/

Mary P x

Joseph Video!
 Jul 19 2007, 06:07:36 AM
"But the point is that Lee Mead isn't anybody's favorite actor. He is a complete unknown

I don't think he is unknown in the UK, google him

Muscle- Are you familiar with how he was cast in Grease? He was cast the EXACT same way that Connie Fisher was in The Sound of Music and Laura Osnes and Max Crumm were in GREASE- via reality TV show. The point of these shows are to cast a complete unknown. That would make Lee Mead a complete Unknown."

Erm, if he was on a reality sh

re: My Fair Lady - ideas
 May 22 2007, 10:49:50 AM
I'd just like to clear up a couple of things about the 2001 National Theatre revival, which toured England recently, and is going on tour in America this summer.

1. In "Just You Wait", the King did not come on stage and sing. It was all Eliza.
2. "The Ascot Gavotte" - everyone was wearing black except for Higgins and the Jockey who won the race. Eliza wore black too. It was extremely striking against the green turf that was placed on the stage for that scene.
3."The Ascot Gavott

Best recording of "I Have A Love" from West Side Story?
 Jan 30 2007, 10:41:08 AM
I was just wondering what you guys thought was the best recording of this beautiful song in "West Side Story"? I saw an amateur production of the show last week and realised that the only recording I have is from the film and, to me, it kind of stinks! Any suggestions/recommendations?

Thank you!

Mary P x

re: New London cast recordings
 Dec 18 2006, 08:56:16 PM
There is a London cast recording of Dirty Dancing. Cabaret has been recorded and was meant to come out before Christmas, but I assume it has been pushed back into the new year. No word yet on Porgy. Sound Of Music has been out for a week.

CATSNYrevival - the original orchestrations have been used, with no updates, though "Something Good" has been re-arranged from the film. I love the original orchestrations - far better than the awfulness that is the 1998 Broadway revival...

Ma

re: Why did they change Avenue Q?
 Dec 12 2006, 08:10:47 AM
I believe they put the changes they made for the London and Vegas productions into the broadway production. The composers did an interview around the opening in London (possibly for playbill?) saying that they would put the changes into the Broadway show. It keeps the show fresh if they make a few changes. They're decent changes, so don't worry.

Mary P x

re: Mary Poppins Cost
 Dec 12 2006, 06:20:03 AM
Well when the show moved from Bristol to London, I read that it cost between £10million and £12million, which definitely is not $56 million. I'm sure a show costs more to put on in Broadway than the West End, but the price of Mary Poppins alone will not be $56 million. With The Lion King transfer it may be near to that sum, if they did indeed change the set etc.

Mary P x

The Sound Of Music - West End sound clips
 Dec 7 2006, 10:42:56 AM
Don't know if anyone is interested, but the cast recording of the West End revival, with reality show winner Connie Fisher, is available from Monday in the UK, and there are some clips available:

http://www.reallyuseful.com/rug/shows/sounds/music/music.htm

Mary P x

re: Wicked in London extension
 Nov 16 2006, 02:37:32 PM
Kerry Ellis went on after "One Short Day" for last Wednesday's evening performance, and performed the whole show on Thursday, Friday and Saturday matinee. She is fantastic, according to a friend of mine who went on Friday evening - I can't wait to see her perform the role.

Mary P x

re: Wicked in London extension
 Nov 16 2006, 01:57:59 PM
The new booking period goes on sale on Sunday 3rd December, according to ticketmaster.co.uk.

Mary P x

re: Mary Poppins review: 11/11 8:00 p.m.
 Nov 13 2006, 05:47:49 AM
TenThousandThings - I think your comments on Ashley's performance are a bit strange. I haven't seen her play the role, but in your review you asked "Where is the grounded, wise, all-seeing, fun-loving nanny that we all know Mary is?" We don't all know that Mary is those things - Mary Poppins is a mystery to everyone... Have you read the books? We don't know if we're supposed to like Mary or not, she has so many levels to her character, and is not just the sugary fluff that Julie Andrews was in t
re: Gavin Creel in Mary Poppins?
 Nov 3 2006, 12:17:49 PM
ruthiefan_felix - the cast change for the London production is tomorrow night, and Gavin Lee is married to a lady called Emily Harvey, who was in Phantom of the Opera in the West End for a while as Mme Firmin.

Mary P x

re: Mary Poppins Starts Previews Tonight!
 Oct 15 2006, 11:56:01 AM
GYPSY1527 - Michael Banks' "I love you, Mary Poppins" has always been in the show in London.
re: Just back from first London 'Wicked' preview..........
 Sep 7 2006, 07:13:14 PM
If James is indeed Scottish, that's fair enough, it's his normal voice and that's fine. I thought it was a put on accent to heighten the difference between munchkin and human, which I didn't think was necessary. It does just sound weird with all the different accents.

mrkringas - I'd just like to say that I don't have a problem with people speaking with their native accent, but it was perfectly reasonable of me to assume that he was putting on an accent, as so many of the people on th

re: Just back from first London 'Wicked' preview..........
 Sep 7 2006, 06:52:50 PM
It was the most amazing night of theatre I have ever attended. Not purely because of the show, but because of the atmosphere - it was just incredible. The audience went crazy when the lights dimmed, when they made an announcement about phones and cameras, when the orchestra started, when the curtain went up... the list goes on and on.

There were some technical problems - as leeinlondon said, Glinda got stuck for a bit, and they started the show again (with more enthusiasm from the audie

re: Who will play Ariel?
 Sep 7 2006, 05:06:28 AM
I have to say, I'd actually really like to see Jenna Leigh Green in this role. She sings so beautifully, and we know she can act well. Just an idea.

Mary P x

re: EVITA Question
 Aug 31 2006, 05:41:41 AM
bwayondabrain - it is a new thing for the West End Revival - 'Montage' has been re-written slightly (see below), and is staged in a very different manner to the original production, which was the way Wonderwaiter described it.

CATSNYrevival - the rocking chairs are out of 'Art Of The Possible' - it is staged as combat between army members, including Peron. One person fights another - the winner then fights another etc. until the victor is Peron. I think it's a very weak scene in the new

re: EVITA Question
 Aug 30 2006, 08:27:49 PM
In the current London production, Eva is seen lying on her death bed, and the bed is spun around rapidly, turning back the clock to when Eva has just arrived in Buenos Aires. She is swept off her hospital bed by Magaldi, and moves straight into the tango of 'I'd Be Surprisingly Good For You', dancing with Magaldi and other men, before being held up by the male chorus as the music turns into 'A New Argentina.' She stands on the bed waving to the crowds around her, reliving her glory days. As the
re: Peformers/performances that ruined the OCR for you.
 Aug 30 2006, 07:25:01 PM
Shannon Durig over Marissa in Hairspray
Barrett Foa over John in Avenue Q
Megan Hilty, Shoshana Bean and Saycon Sengbloh over Kristin and Idina in Wicked
Elaine Paige over Glenn Close and Patti LuPone in Sunset Blvd
Joanna Riding and Laura Michelle Kelly over Martine McCutcheon in My Fair Lady

Mary P x

re: A First Glance at Mary Poppins
 Aug 30 2006, 07:11:26 PM
Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! So so so excited!!! She looks wonderful - can't wait to see her play the part. Roll on December!

Mary P x

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You