News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for DiscoCrows

DiscoCrows Profile Photo
Member Name: DiscoCrows
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

2024-2025 Touring Season  May 8 2024, 01:25:23 PM

A new tour of THE MUSIC MAN produced by Big League Productions is being booked for the 25-26 season. Obviously ain’t gonna be the revival production, haha.

77th Tony Awards Performance Predictions  May 7 2024, 07:30:03 PM

SUFFS should absolutely whip out the pyrotechnics and do Fire & Tea if they really want to blow people away and push tickets, but I know it’s really gonna just end up being The March or Keep Marching. Which is a shame - those numbers won’t do too many favors beyond that of the crowd the show is already selling well to. They feel a bit too obvious and quite frankly unordinary compared to that of the more “theatrical” show-ey moments that really is where it shines.

LEMPICKA closing May 19  May 4 2024, 04:32:23 PM

Went back again today for the matinee and still really like it. It’s a very flawed piece but I kind of like that the production has embraced that on the basis that it’s too late to really make it work on Broadway. The music is so fun and pretty but irrevocably unsustainable — Eden is great in the role but both times I’ve been it has sounded as though she is really, really pushing herself to her limits. I am so excited to listen to the OBCR where it’s hopefully a

Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024  May 4 2024, 02:13:48 AM

Menken Fan said: "SrMrtn said: "Did they have an understudy list?"

For Madeline Ashton, Helen Sharp, and Viola Van Horn: Kaleigh Cronin

For Madeline Ashton and Helen Sharp: Natalie Charle Ellis

For Viola Van Horn: Johanna Moise

For Ernest Menville: Bud Weber, Ryan Worsing

"

Ah! Natalie is awesome. Would love to see her play one of the ladies.

Insert name of show : posting closing notices  Apr 30 2024, 09:02:09 PM

I think, in a very generalized sense, the days of "pack it up — little nominations/awards, we're closing tomorrow" are over — and for the better. It makes the industry look wildly more unsustainable than it actually is. Obviously money talks and will be the final factor (see Paradise Square and KPOP which closed <7 days), but for Lempicka or Heart to post a notice the day of Tony nominations if they can help it, unless there is literally no

FORBIDDEN BROADWAY Coming to Broadway This Summer?  Apr 26 2024, 01:46:52 PM

A shame for ShowTown Theatricals, the GM office on this who also had My Son’s A Queer and Room pull out. They’re a very new company and to have so many clients fall out from under them the past year is really rough. Best wishes to everyone involved.

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club (2024) Opening Night Critics' Reviews  Apr 21 2024, 10:20:30 PM

Stay tuned for tomorrow when Heart of Rock and Roll gets the best reviews of the season or something else ridiculous lol

SUFFS Previews  Apr 14 2024, 12:23:43 PM

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "There are many reasons why someone might not proceed with a Broadway production after doing the pre-Bway run (be it the choice of the actor or the choice of the creative team).

I don't believe Soo has posted a word about SUFFS on social since it was announced for Broadway, and I don't believe she was in the workshop last year (correct me on both points if I'm wrong). Not that that necessarily means anything, but you may read into

SUFFS Previews  Apr 14 2024, 12:07:11 PM

I saw this last night after having really enjoyed it at The Public and echo the sentiments that it's great. It feels like Suffs 1.5 — that is to say, they have done so much work on it and I highly encourage those who had reservations two years ago to check out the new version.

I think the criticisms I'm seeing are slightly wavering (though not invalid, of course). I saw someone earlier in this thread mention that Act 1 was very focused whe

Gun & Powder at Paper Mill  Apr 13 2024, 11:21:29 PM

Today’s matinee performance (4/13) featured Jisel Soleil Ayon as Mary Clarke instead of Ciara Renée. Apparently it was the first call-out this production (did she perform this evening?) but I thought Jisel tore the house down.

It’s a fantastic show. Some tightening and even restaging could make it better (it felt a bit too spaced out across such a large stage for a show without major dance numbers I felt) but echoing the sentiments that the score is stellar and i

Funny Girl National Tour LA stop  Apr 5 2024, 01:08:40 PM

Am I the only one partial to the Broadway set? I haven’t and won’t get to see the tour unfortunately but I absolutely loved the spiral staircases and spinning wall sections on the turntable. Tired of seeing just …. turntables these days and I appreciated that this was such a new take on it that did more than just move actors. The wireframe, gritty and worn feel of the stairs, portals, walls and larger set structure was really pretty and did a lot of thematic heavywork

THE HEART OF ROCK AND ROLL Previews  Mar 31 2024, 08:44:39 PM

Echoing the sentiments that the opening number is VERY Kinky Boots derivative (in a great way - no spoilers) and McKenzie Kurtz is also lovely. Not a groundbreaking role by any means whatsoever but she’s just such a gem and so endearing and fun to watch in this.

SUFFS Previews  Mar 31 2024, 06:12:16 PM

GottaGetAGimmick420 said: "Also: I loved the nods to the black women of the movement and how the next wave of feminism evolved past what Paul originally fought for... and how the fight will continue long after we're gone.“

I haven’t see it at the Music Box yet but this is definitely what stuck out the most to me at the Public.

Click Here To Toggle

THE QUEEN OF VERSAILLES musical will have pre-Bway tryout this summer in Boston  Mar 19 2024, 01:56:16 AM

TaffyDavenport said: ""Caviar Dreams"

I thought this is beautiful and having seen the documentary captures the spirit of who Jackie is so well. I’m not sure why we still use “memorableness” as an arbiter for quality these days but for what it’s worth the melody has totally sunk its teeth into my brain. The lyrics are … definitely a bit silly and surface level but I don’t mind. I would say the same of so
AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE 2024 Previews  Mar 14 2024, 10:55:26 PM

Someone on twitter is saying tonight’s performance was interrupted by protesters during Act 2 and police ended up getting called. Any more info?

The Notebook - Original Broadway Cast Recording  Mar 4 2024, 11:31:13 PM

HunterK said: "binau said: "Record and release in 10 days???? That’s pretty unusually fast."

It’s a goal of the producers. But I’m thinking first week of April. They wanted a surprise for fans on opening.
"

For what it’s worth … Kevin McCollum is the same producer who opted to have SIX’s opening night cast recording produced and that seemed to generate some good buzz. Idk anything about this but I&rsqu

Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024  Mar 4 2024, 11:27:37 PM

Call_me_jorge said: "Have they announced the design team yet? Curious who is doing the set for this.

Edit: Found it! It’s Derek McLane. I’ve been a big fan of his designs in the past, so I trust it’ll be marvelous.
"

Ugh I thought I couldn’t have been more excited for this. YESSSS

A WONDERFUL WORLD To Open On Broadway Fall 2024  Feb 28 2024, 01:06:15 PM

Lord that website and keyart is not doing the show any favors

Second Stage to Leave Its Off Broadway Theater  Feb 23 2024, 10:33:59 AM

This is a shame, I love the Kiser.

THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA musical headed to the UK and West End in 2024  Feb 20 2024, 02:56:06 AM

When and how much do we expect Shaina to be missing Suffs performances for this? Between its “tryout” run and the West End mounting I’d imagine if Suffs is running through the fall months she’ll be doing at least a bit of traveling. No slight to her, I trust however much she’s out of the show is however much is needed for her to properly do her job. But curious what people’s thoughts are on what the plan might be?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You