News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for DiscoCrows

DiscoCrows Profile Photo
Member Name: DiscoCrows
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Gun & Powder at Paper Mill
 Jul 13 2024, 04:19:41 AM

bigbelterbaby said: "They posted on Instagram they are doing a cast-recording. I wonder if an announcement for Spring 2025 is coming."

It’s an EP so probably 4-5 songs, like how most Broadway shows will record a little bit at the beginning of a big press circuit for social media and early streaming and such. They probably have a house and are gearing up for an announcement in the coming months (very much just an educated guess).

OH, MARY! Reviews
 Jul 11 2024, 11:21:25 PM
Immaculate
OH, MARY! Reviews
 Jul 11 2024, 09:24:51 PM

They’re eating so good

THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA musical headed to the UK and West End in 2024
 Jul 10 2024, 05:46:38 PM

I’m relistening to Seen and my heart is bursting. This score and lyricism was at large, a complete trainwreck in Chicago (albeit a mostly entertaining one) — but Seen is such an outlier. The song is just so emotionally charged and sweeping with character development. Shaina’s lyrics fit the melody so perfectly and it hits on this perfect intersection of blissful/bittersweet and comedy that shines so much light on why Nigel has poured himself entirely

EMPIRE: THE MUSICAL set for New World Stages beginning in July
 Jul 9 2024, 10:53:24 AM

Has anyone been yet? I’m curious how it is.

Jul 8 2024, 08:28:50 PM

TaffyDavenport said: "DiscoCrows said: "MrsSallyAdams said: "I'm eager to hear how they've written Miranda. And which of the new songs are for her. Andy's abusive relationship with Miranda needs to be the heart of the show. In Chicago Miranda took a back seat to Andy's love interests and her tedious hipster friends."

Completely agree.

The shows Twitter tweeted this the other day: "Controversial opinion... the real villain of the story is the boyfriend holding Andy back."

Huh???
"

Nate being the real villain of the movie is a take that's been around for years:

https://www.glamour.com/story/devil-wears-prada-star-adrian-grenier-admits-nate-was-the-true-villain-of-the-movie

"

Oh DMGW I get it. It was just funny seeing the show spell it out like it’s some crazy unorthodox take and that the character isn’t already reasonably despised by people. Musical and movie alike.

Broadway Real Estate 2024-25
 Jul 8 2024, 07:19:26 PM

Broadway Flash said: "And lots of theatre stans hate the great gatsby. I also think it’s nonsense to say it’s an easy sell. How many popular titles like Groundhog Day or Mrs Doubtfire have we seen flop on Broadway? Cabaret is a glamorous show and the producers feel like it can’t run on its title alone. They need stars. I think Jeremy and Eva are a huge draw for people."

We can agree to disagree about the star power thing. I think it’s abou

Jul 8 2024, 06:11:15 PM

LuckyDipster said: ""Tourists are dumb,"says the person who misspellsRoger."

Got me there haha

Jul 8 2024, 02:35:31 PM

MrsSallyAdams said: "I'm eager to hear how they've written Miranda. And which of the new songs are for her. Andy's abusive relationship with Miranda needs to be the heart of the show. In Chicago Miranda took a back seat to Andy's love interests and her tedious hipster friends."

Completely agree.

The shows Twitter tweeted this the other day: "Controversial opinion... the real villain of the story is the boyfriend holding Andy back."

Huh???

OH, MARY! Previews
 Jul 8 2024, 02:29:55 PM

New Photos (Emilio Madird):
https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Photos-First-Look-at-Cole-Escola-and-More-in-OH-MARY-on-Broadway-20240708

Jul 8 2024, 01:36:27 AM

EDSOSLO858 said: "The new musicals this fall lean more towards likely available than maybe available.

Sunset Boulevard will probably closelate June or early July2025 as Nicole has committed for nine months.

Just my opinion, butSIXandBack to the Futurearen’t going anywhere.
"

I think both Six and BTTF are slowing for sure but one’s operating expenses are exorbitantly higher than the other (the higher being BTTF).

Jul 8 2024, 01:16:52 AM

I don’t think Jeremy and Eva are driving Gatsby sales the way Broadway stans and the show portrays to be a driving factor (I just don’t think they are huge names outside of theatre, it’s like saying people who aren’t fans of Broadway are going to see Back to the Future for Rodger Bart and not because it’s Back to the Future) but this show has obviously done a lot for their name recognition and that will only continue to grow over their careers outside the th

Jul 7 2024, 01:19:30 AM

Looks like our first real peek into some of the new designs. Curtain call, I believe.

Jul 6 2024, 04:25:07 AM

Not lots to go off of here but this looks neat for what it is.

I like that they kept the dark/foggy impending vibe off the bat. That was one of my favorite things about Chicago, loved how the show opened with the ominous heel clicking and rigid/dark visuals at the top of the show.

Simultaneously I think the show had a very obvious identity crisis in Chicago, so maybe this in-your-face show “curtain” with the glowing title plastered on top is indicative of them e

Jul 6 2024, 04:18:11 AM

from Instagram:

Protesters at Suffs tonight
 Jul 3 2024, 02:22:50 AM

Publicity stunt? Suffs has an entire army of people in the conservative Fox News circuit to rile up about feminism and Hillary Clinton whenever the show makes major headlines. If this was some attempt at publicity, the whitewashing of history (something the show obviously already goes great lengths to portray in its ethos at large) is such a ridiculous thing to lead/question from the inside. The overwhelming majority of people would agree it’s (generally) a very

OH, MARY! Previews
 Jun 30 2024, 12:28:21 AM

Re; changes to the show since it's original run (spoilers?). There are little to none.

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content

The one big change I noticed (besides a visually-enhanced 'cabaret' scene where they seem to have placed a few more curtains and made it 'shinier', is the moment leading into the Box/Assassination scene. While the c

OH, MARY! Previews
 Jun 27 2024, 11:35:15 AM

I am going on Saturday and am so excited to see it again

What’s next for the James Earl Jones?
 Jun 23 2024, 03:42:32 PM

Broadway Flash said: "I don’t like the design of the annex. Those big flowers on the walls, it looks girly and childish. I don’t like the flowers on the walls at David geffen hall either. Terrible trend"

I think it’s gorgeous but definitely won’t be timely 20-30 years from now. They won’t last.

THE HEART OF ROCK AND ROLL to close on June 23
 Jun 18 2024, 11:59:38 PM

Disagree that the key art is bad. I cannot stop looking at the subway ads each time I roll past them. So much color and photography and it just screams 80’s. I don’t know how what else people want to see?

It's a shame the show didn't catch on but the key art isn't why, IMO. There is much much worse, exceedingly more boring key art and advertising happening out there.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You