News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for djdonj

Member Name: djdonj
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Six at the ART
 Aug 25 2019, 05:48:58 PM

Totally agree. Saw it at ART last Friday. Crazy fun and positive show. 

Merrily We Roll Along Previews (2019)
 Feb 10 2019, 03:58:36 PM

My first production of Merrily.  I appreciated the streamlined show even though I don't know any better. It was fast-moving and engaging, helped strongly by bright and clear sound. 

Some questions/comments for those who know more and can offer some insights.

Bobby and Jackie and Jack--why leave this while cutting/shortening other elements that helped the story or were just better songs (subjective, I know)?

I thought the book largely suppressed the theme of

17 Nov matinee
 Nov 21 2018, 12:55:45 PM

>>djdonj, what do you mean about “I really need this job”? Do you mean rhythm of the line or the stress they were putting on those words? Either way, if it kept happening that way, it was probably intentional and told to the actors by the director and/or music director. 

I think it was really the rhythm of the line as sung. In the OBC recording, I believe "this" lands on 3 and "job" lands on "and". Here, "this" landed on &q

17 Nov matinee
 Nov 17 2018, 11:02:50 PM

First time posting. Please be nice!

This was one of the those times when the audience and the players were in perfect communion. The opening number was electrifying: fast and honest and ultimately very sweet.

There was one tic in the singing: instead of "I. Real.ly. Need. This. Job " it was more like "I Real.ly NEEDthisJOB" (DUM dah-DUM). Hard to explain but it happened a few times.

But on to the highlights!

Montage was out of this world--throug

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You