News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for swingmode

Member Name: swingmode
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread  Mar 26 2019, 12:09:46 AM

IdinaBellFoster said: "Hoping someone can answer this for me - better seats at the same price point just opened up for the performance I'm attending. Will Ticketmaster swap my seats or is it a lost cause?"

You honestly will just have to contact ticketmaster and see. despite their policy, they seem to treat this on a case by case basis. I know people who have had success (even when buying their ticket outside of the "refundable" window) and people who ha

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 3/17/19  Mar 19 2019, 12:59:01 AM

Wick3 said: "I agree on the CHER SHOW. I saw the show a month ago and noticed the wings of the mezzanine was empty empty. I'm guessing those were priced too high.

I expected Harry Potter to do better this week given it's the original cast's last week.
"

The show did a poor job of advertising the fact imo..

While in line to be let in, there were two women behind me who had gotten tickets awhile back to see the show for the first time. I to

Difficulty selling Harry Potter Tickets I cannot use on Saturday March 30  Mar 12 2019, 10:13:45 PM

ren598 said: "You'll have more luck selling to someone on these boards than StubHub.

Not sure what happened to the market for HP tickets. I had 2 tickets to sell for 2/10. They were excellent seats (orchestra row J, 10th row from the stage) and I was only asking for what I paid for them ($95 per part plus fees). I only got 2 inquiries on these boards. On one ticket, I got back what I paid for. The other ticket I took a slight loss. I thought there would be more people who wanted to see the original cast before they left. I guess I was wrong.
"

As far as this board goes, it's not that people don't want to see the original cast. It's that they're smart and know how the pricing works. Especially if you live in NYC, it's very possible to get some of the best seats last minute for a price cheaper than a lot of people paid for worse ones. Also, many people on this board have seen the show once, twice, three times etc.. I know I paid a premium price two times for the show and now only search for deals, despite how much I love it. 

I second stubhub. You're a lot more likely to recoup there, as it has tourists who don't really know how the pricing works or simply would rather pay the price to have peace of mind vs struggling to find tickets last minute. That said, if you're super concerned about selling, I would probably lower the price. If someone were to shop around on the official website they could get front orchestra for cheaper than that tbh.

I hope you do sell them or make it to the show though. Fellow yinzer

Where are THE FERRYMAN rush tickets located?  Mar 10 2019, 12:44:27 AM

Unless things have changed since the last cast, on the very far sides. And while partial view doesn't always bother me, I have to say it's extremely frustrating when it comes to this show

Repeat Visits To Shows  Feb 24 2019, 07:22:43 AM

I'm all for repeat visits to shows. I think some shows it takes a few times to truly get the full experience of the show. And I think it encourages rich discussion. There are a couple shows I'd love to see twice, and there are other shows I've been two four or five times.

I do think it's interesting to see how times have changed in terms of what people consider a lot. For older shows, I feel like a lot of people have seen them around ~10 times over a span of many years.

So...is Harry Potter better in part 2?  Feb 22 2019, 09:49:54 AM
Nicole 10 said: "(spoiler request)Nicole 10 (or anyone else who wants to pipe in), can you clarify what you think the characters do that is out of character for them? I saw the show and liked it (but did not love it aside from the special effects). I am only a casual fan of Harry Potter, so I don't know the characters as in depth as you do.I know a lot of people disagree with my opinion that a lot of the characters were acting in ways that they wouldn't in the book, so I'll specify a few of the
So...is Harry Potter better in part 2?  Feb 21 2019, 01:22:46 PM

Lot666 said: "My husband and I own all the books and all the movies and we've read/watched them all multiple times. We consider ourselves fans and we paid top dollar (center aisle orchestra, about 5th row) for ourtickets last July. We were not disappointed, and we both talked about seeing it again immediately afterwards. I'm currently contemplating first row mezz tickets for my June trip, to see it from another perspective. To each their own."

I definitely re

So...is Harry Potter better in part 2?  Feb 21 2019, 11:27:27 AM

ilysespieces said: "Nicole 10 said: "Honestly, I'm on the same boat. I've been a real dedicated fan since being a kid and was massively disappointed when I saw the play. What I always tell people is if you simply LIKE Harry Potter then you will enjoy the play. However, if you LOVE Harry Potter you can't help but dislike it.

Even putting the fanfic plot aside, the essence is all wrong too. If you are familiar with the characters, you will be delighted to see them make appearances. However, if you know them like you know your own friends, the choices they make in the play will baffle you. I understand that they're fictional characters and not real people, but JKR really fleshed these characters out over the course of thousands of pages and to see these beautiful characters reduced to one dimensional caricatures acting completely out of character is quite upsetting..."While I do agree that some of the characters do out-of-character things, I have to disagree wholeheartedly with the bolded. That may be true for you, but it's absolutely the opposite with everyone I know personally. I and my HP obsessed friends have all seen the show multiple times (I personally have seen it 2.5 times, the only reason I didn't see it again was because I was invited to other plans and decided to sell my ticket to a friend who was desperate to see it). Also personally I always loved reading fanfiction, so that may have played a part, but certain friends who hated all sorts of fanfiction loved the show as well.imeldasturn said:Yeah it's annoying how they choose to portray Ron as the comic relief he's in the movies rather than how he is in the books.It kind of felt like they adapted Ron the same way the movies adapted him, I do wish his stage appearance was a little more book-accurate rather than bumbling comic relief with no real purpose. Book!Ron was such a great character, he really got the short end of the stick."

Agreed. I religiously read the books, went to conventions, etc.. Personally I find their characterizations more accurate than the movies. Even Ron, who is used as comic relief in the play as well, is far more accurate in the play. In the movies they make him a flat out bully a lot of the time.
Is everything in line with what /I/ imagine is in character for a certain character? No. But at the end of the day They arent my characters. Even if J.K. had the least amount of input (which I doubt is the case), she wouldnt let her characters stray too far from what she had in mind. Even if its all about the money, she couldve easily gone with one of the other 10000s of proposals Im sure she gets.

I also will admit that the main plot can drag, but the sub plot and imo the true plot is touching. There are a lot of strong themes.

Also not gonna spoil cause keep the secrets and all that but the ending truly has me feeling emotions that I hadnt felt since the first time I read DH.

I actually feel like this board is the surprisingly minority tbh. I know a lot of people who werent fans of the script to say the least but most people I know who actually get to see the play come out feeling a lot different, especially with the original cast. Everything from the stage craft to the characters to even the ushers all dressed in their house colors is magical. Im sorry that OP didnt feel it

That said everyone is entitled to their own opinion! And not everyone is going to like it. But I 100% disagree that only those who LIKE Harry Potter will enjoy it, because Ive found kinda the opposite to be true.

If anything, I think the shows biggest flaw is its inaccessibility. 90% or potential fans are priced out or simply live too far, and theres no way this show is ever touring with all the traps and renovations required

So...is Harry Potter better in part 2?  Feb 20 2019, 07:41:10 PM
Honestly, I’d give it a chance for part 2. I read the script when it came out and actually quite liked it.. almost went to London to see it.

When it came to broadway I got tickets right away but they weren’t until the summer. I went and honestly was feeling massively underwhelmed as well. I ended up making other plans and didn’t attend act 2 or act 3. Decided to go to act 4 as I had no other plans. I don’t know what snapped but I was mesmerized. I ended up buying much better seats a wee

BE MORE CHILL (Broadway) Previews  Feb 17 2019, 03:07:14 AM

Ledaero said: "swingmode said: "I think it's interesting to see how "fandom" or "stan culture" is beginning to play a role in broadway (or, arguably, less of a role than people assume it would).

I think the internet as a whole is becoming a major factor in the industry. I know producers and casting directors are really considering internet influencers as a major factor when it comes to casting actors in major productions. Resumes are s

BE MORE CHILL (Broadway) Previews  Feb 17 2019, 01:27:41 AM

I think it's interesting to see how "fandom" or "stan culture" is beginning to play a role in broadway (or, arguably, less of a role than people assume it would). 

For example, you have shows like HP where a large part of the young, internet fanbase kind of rejected the script when it first came out. But the show itself is thriving and has no end in sight.

Or situations like Cody Simpson replacing Zach Adkins from Anastasia, where stan twitter was li

Hp Ticket for TONIGHT -90$  Jan 23 2019, 07:48:21 AM
Hi, unfortunately selling ONE ticket to Harry Potter and the Cursed Child for tonight (Wednesday). The seat is Orchestra right , Row E, Seat 22.

Selling for 90$ or best offer :)
This is for part 2 only. PayPal or Venmo/Square Cash. Ticket can be transferred via ticketmaster.

Extra Tickets to Harry Potter - Face Value  Jan 7 2019, 12:51:48 AM

It's definitely a good deal with the hotel! just last minute unfortunately. I feel like most people who will be able to make the show already live in the city :)

Anyway, be sure to post the tickets on facebook as well. There is a couple buy/sell/trades for the play on there!

Extra Tickets to Harry Potter - Face Value  Jan 6 2019, 11:58:06 PM

I'm just going to be very honest with you, it's very unlikely that the tickets will sell. The show has weird dynamic pricing and this close to the show, someone could probably get a much closer seat on orchestra or dress circle for the price, even though it was face value for you at the time. 

If you could find someone who had six people that 100% wanted to go together, this would be a different story, but this close to the show it probably isn't gonna happen..

Cursed Child - Trade?!  Dec 27 2018, 12:03:57 AM

This probably isn't helpful as I unfortunately do not know anyone who will switch tickets, but if it makes you feel any better, i would personally try to make the original date.

The original Broadway (as well as debut west end) cast will be leaving mid-march, so if you go on your scheduled date you'll get to see them before they leave.

Again, not exactly helpful as far as your question goes, but hopefully it's a silver lining if you can't find anyone to switch!&n

Lifespan of a Fact Rush  Dec 17 2018, 12:49:06 AM

yeah, I seriously can't stress enough how awful it is. A lot of times I think people are being dramatic when they say there's not enough leg room, but this is probably the worst i've experienced. even my friend who is rather short was pretty uncomfortable 

Lifespan of a Fact Rush  Dec 16 2018, 10:21:51 PM

(This was this previous Thursday) I got to the theatre around 12:00 or 12:30. Walked right up to the box office and they still had rush seats. I got two together in the Rear Mezz.

When we arrived, I was pleasantly surprised about the view. I was really confused why so many people said they would never sit in the rear mezz. Two minutes into sitting down, it soon became apparent. If you are taller than 5'5 I would not recommend. I've literal never been so uncomfortable in my life

2 Part 2 Harry Potter Tickets for THIS Wednesday  Dec 11 2018, 04:03:28 PM

Hey please send me a pm :)

2 Part 2 Harry Potter Tickets for THIS Wednesday  Dec 11 2018, 05:17:47 AM

Actually, I'd do an even 40 for both (20$ each) tbh. And I could see about leaving them at the box office, but I'm not sure if that's possible. 

2 Part 2 Harry Potter Tickets for THIS Wednesday  Dec 10 2018, 10:24:17 PM

Part 2 Only.

60$ for the pair of them, so 30$ each. I'd rather sell them together. Sadly I won't be able to make the cut off time for part 2 so I'd really just rather someone enjoy them. They're in the balcony box, but still, pretty sure this is the cheapest you'll find tickets other than winning the lottery. 

They're physical tickets, but I can meet you sometime in the day, preferably between 5-6:30.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You