News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Tigger

Tigger Profile Photo
Member Name: Tigger
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

R&H Oklahoma Revival Tour
 Apr 6 2023, 09:26:43 AM

The show is/was an abomination.

CAROUSEL (2018) Previews
 Mar 7 2018, 05:10:38 PM

BCTaylor99 said: "It's too bad that the 2015 Lyric Opera Chicago production of Carousel didn't move to NY. It was stunning and Laura Osnes and Steven Pasquale were perfection and had plenty of chemistry. A missed opportunity.

Here's the Chicago Tribune review:http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/theater/reviews/ct-carousel-lyric-opera-chicago-20150412-column.html

I totally agree with you. The chemistry was electric between Steven Pasquale as Billy and Laura Osnes as Julie and even the chemistry between Pasquale and  Charlotte D'amboise as Mrs Mullins was raw! Jenn Gambatese as Carrie was a joy and Tony Roberts as the Starkeeper was perfection. Even Jarrod Emrick as Jigger was a revelation. Remember him as Joe Hardy in the Broadway Victor Garber-Bebe Neuwirth Damn Yankees of twenty years ago?

Why this production didn't make it to New York is beyond me.

CAROUSEL (2018) Previews
 Mar 7 2018, 11:00:31 AM

I remember seeing the the RNT production twenty odd years ago. It had a Billy that couldn't sing and a dreadfully dull ballet in a soporific production with Quakers running around pretending to be starkeepers. . I dozed off several times. The Chicago Lyric Opera company's production starring Stephen Pasquale and Laura Osnes was glorious and probably the most definite one I have seen in fifty years of theatre-going.

PRINCE OF BROADWAY Previews
 Aug 7 2017, 01:10:17 AM

I saw Tony Yazbeck for the first time in the Patti Lupone Gypsy playing Tulsa and have loved him ever since and went to see him twice in On The Town. I fell in love with Karen Ziemba when she played Polly in Crazy For You over twenty years ago, then even mores so in Contact at the Lincoln Center. She was also memorable in Never Gonna Dance and Curtains.

Tony and Karen. Two excellent and enough reasons to go and see this show.

break a leg finding neverland
 Apr 28 2015, 10:14:46 PM

IMO, the albatross it has around it's neck is a mediocre and forgettable score, ugly sets and being awash from top to bottom in third rate manipulative insulin-proof sticky sentimentality.

Granted it has one brilliant coup-de-theatre special effect in the second act and the combined drawing power of Mr Morrison and Mr Grammar fuelled by a mega-budget PR campaign to bring in the people. Otherwise it's a very flimsy and superficial  piece of nonsense that had me wishin

On the town vs American in paris
 Apr 21 2015, 09:22:09 AM

I just saw OTT for the second time and loved it even more than the first. It is one of the most joyful shows I've seen in years with a superb cast. The big orchestra alone is worth the price of admission.

The next night I went to see the last preview of AIP and was completely enchanted. Nevertheless comparing both shows is useless like apples and oranges. Both shows are masterworks of the Broadway musical idiom and occupy totally different spheres.

Definitely see OTT as

ON THE TOWN Reviews
 Apr 17 2015, 06:18:10 PM

I'm always puzzled when I read that a show is "Meh!" or doing badly or such as when I do go to see a show, often the contrary seems true. Last friday I went to see OTT (for the second time and to see Rudy who won If You Think You Can Dance last year) and the house was packed to the rafters. I honestly did not see an empty seat except one or two at the very sides of the front rows. I was in E row on the aisle and so had a great view of the two packed balconies. I also had a chat with the frien

FINDING NEVERLAND Reviews
 Apr 15 2015, 09:47:23 PM

I completely agree. Of all the shows I sat through last weekend this one was the worst. Just a big  load of sentimental musically absent charmless tripe.

A major disappointment with one very good special effect, a mugging hambone performance by Kelsey Grammer and an earnest one by a defeated Matthew Morrison.

An American In Paris Looks Strongest In Tony Race
 Apr 15 2015, 10:02:12 AM

I just saw both An American In Paris and Finding Neverland this last weekend. God forbid that Finding Neverland should get a nomination except for maybe Matthew Morrison who works very hard at turning a pig's ear into a silk purse. I found it a big musically charmless bore with one very clever special effect.

I loved American In Paris which is a gorgeously sung,danced and designed show and will look forward to seeing it again and hope it will be nominated as I feel it is deserving

ON THE TOWN Reviews
 Nov 3 2014, 09:09:51 AM
You can check out weekly grosses here:

http://www.playbillvault.com/Grosses/

Hope this helps!

Which Show Should We See?
 Oct 18 2014, 04:05:20 PM
I would opt for On The Town. Aladdin is fun but IMHO it's nowhere as engaging as OTT. If you are a huge Idina Menzel fan, then If/Then would be a destination, but I was not blown away by the the show as I was by OTT.
ON THE TOWN Reviews
 Oct 18 2014, 03:57:10 PM
Bravo PJ. A stupendous, beautifully articulated, thoughtful and heartfelt review. I couldn't agree with you more.
Jackie Hoffman is the only bad thing about On the Town
 Oct 18 2014, 03:50:42 PM
I thought she was perfectly suited for the show. She reminded me of a latter day Jerry Lewis which kind of fits the time period the show is set in. I enjoyed her for the very reason that she was over the top.

However I think starting a thread to denigrate a performer, ANY performer, is rudely ugly and insensitive.

ON THE TOWN Reviews
 Oct 17 2014, 11:09:47 AM
Joy truly is the operative word when talking about anything concerning this show. It really is a bonanza of joy in every respect!
ON THE TOWN Reviews
 Oct 16 2014, 11:57:04 PM
YAY!!! Fantastic!! Brantley really got it right this time.Bravo to all involved and I can't wait to see it again at the earliest opportunity. Many thanks to Pal Joey for the link to the opening night video and the Hal Prince note to the cast. Now that's cool!!!
ON THE TOWN previews
 Oct 16 2014, 08:04:07 AM
To all associated with OTT and its admirers,merde and break a leg for tonight! My fervent wish that this show has a huge,long, joyous and profitable run as I want to return and see it again!
ON THE TOWN previews
 Oct 14 2014, 07:17:57 PM
Thank you for the video! Megan is completely charming. I can't wait to see the show again.
ON THE TOWN previews
 Oct 12 2014, 02:31:12 PM
I don't recall having a problem with the theatre. Yes it's big, but so is the show.
As for Megan Fairchild (not Morgan) I agree that she's no Helen Mirren in the acting department but the part's not exactly a Blanche Dubois where you had better have the acting chops to carry it off. If anything the part is kind of vapid to begin with. The fact that Fairchild is a heart-stoppingly accomplished dancer more than compensates for her lack of acting skill.

ON THE TOWN previews
 Oct 12 2014, 08:23:45 AM
A show that originates successfully in one place is always special to those that see it there. I can think of lots of shows I have seen in their original state that blew my socks off in their initial incarnations before transferring and being adapted for Broadway. As far back as 1993's Damn Yankees at the Globe, San Diego as an example to the more recent Billy Elliott and WarHorse, both which I saw in London shortly after they first opened and felt were very special as compared to how they ended
ON THE TOWN previews
 Oct 11 2014, 04:15:04 PM
How happy I am to see another thumbs up for the show. I have been digesting it all week since seeing it last monday.
I also feel mention must be made of the small but welcome amusing character turn by Michael Rupert as the judge fianceed to Claire De Loone, Rupert being the original Marvin of March Of The Falsettos and Falsettoland. How well I remember weeping at the end of Falsettoland as he sang "What Would I Do" back in the early nineties.I now more than ever want to go back and see OTT

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You