News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Eric J.

Eric J. Profile Photo
Member Name: Eric J.
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 12 American Idol
 Mar 25 2005, 05:13:56 AM
I can not agree with your opinion, in mine that is far incorrect. Constantine is/was very talented both musically and acting-wise.

However, you are entitled to your opinion but I must ask, who in fact are you comparing him to? Non-equity does not guarantee top-notch actors and/or actresses, lets all remember that.

I was very impressed with his performance and was greatly refreshed with a new sense of the role.

re: Musicals for Beginners
 Mar 24 2005, 06:56:05 PM
I'm sorry you disagree; what do you mean by "Wagner Ring Opera"?

Or are you simply making a comparison...

re: Musicals for Beginners
 Mar 24 2005, 05:05:41 PM
I personally would have to say the best way to "pop the cherry" in musical theatre would simply to through the make or break curveball of "Rent"

If any given person with the slight interest in musical theatre could sit down, enjoy that show and not have any criticisms, prejudices and/or streotypes to honor then I think he or she would be able to handle anything, and would be willing to.

Mar 24 2005, 05:01:21 PM
Yes I have.

Very different vibe that I can get into. I may just be bias though, who knows

Mar 24 2005, 04:55:14 PM
I personally do not agree with anyone who is doubting the abilities of Constantine.

Granted a non-equity tour; nevertheless, he still performed very well and I found him to be very entertaining as both a performer and musician. How can you compare him to past Rogers? Should his role be decided on mere tradition or embracing character in a role in which he protrayed well?

Constantine is a very talented individual and I wish him all the luck in American Idol.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You