News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for singingshowgirl

singingshowgirl Profile Photo
Member Name: singingshowgirl
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

sheet music help!!
 Feb 17 2010, 11:34:28 PM
does anyone know where i could find the sheet music to "My Musical Comedy Smile" from Forbidden Broadway Goes To Rehab? Does Forbidden broadway sell their sheet music or no because 99% of their songs are from pre-existing shows? any help would be GRRRREAT
forbidden bway question
 Feb 6 2010, 05:52:09 PM
is the song "my musical comedy smile" from forbidden broadway goes to rehab a parody of another song or is it just a song? what is it a parody of if it is a parody?
accompaniments through email?
 Jul 5 2009, 08:38:54 PM
hello all,

i am looking for some suggestions of accompaniment services where i send someone the sheet music and they can email me back the piano accompaniment...how do prices generally run for these services?

any help would be great!! thanks!

do you live in NY/CT area? come see a great concert with broadway veteran dodie pettit!
 Jul 3 2009, 02:06:06 PM
Come hear Broadway veteran (and my friend!) Dodie Pettit in a live FREE outdoor concert July 11@ 8 p.m. in Westport, CT's Levitt Pavilion (www.levittpavilion.com). Dodie was in the orignal production of Cats and was in Phantom. Concert hot line number: (203) 221-2153. Tell all your friends!
Visit her Web site: http://dodiepettit.com/

dance class frustrations. thoughts? ideas?
 Jun 21 2009, 09:31:59 PM
So I'm a soon-to-be senior BFA musical theater major, but I live in the NYC area and I am home for the summer. Because I don't want to lose the technique and strength that I have, I am making a big deal to continue dance classes this summer. I have been going to Broadway Dance Center, as I have clearly outgrown my high school dance studio. I have taken at BDC on other breaks and have had this problem, but it's getting even more frustrating.

I find the classes really frustrating for a

re: 'GUYS and DOLLS' To Play Final Broadway Crap Game June 15th
 Jun 9 2009, 06:30:38 PM
thank god.
re: How early? - Exit the King student rush.
 Jun 5 2009, 10:44:01 AM
i got there about noon on a wednesday and got 2 box seats.
re: Happiness.........?
 May 22 2009, 12:17:13 AM
i saw it saturday and all i can think about is what my moment would be. it's not a perfect show, it needs work, but i loved it! and pretty please let there be a cast album
hello young lovers belted at end?
 May 21 2009, 09:40:24 PM
Hello all, i am curious for opinions. i am singing "hello young lovers" for a king and i audition (obviously going for anna). i know donna murphy belted the end of "hello young lovers," but do you think it should be mixed rather than belted? i'm just curious for thoughts...thanks!
re: Guys and Dolls to offer $7.77 tickets!
 May 18 2009, 01:59:09 PM
the sad thing is i wouldn't even see it for 7.77. that's how much i hated it lol
re: Bitch about the 2009 Tony nominations here !
 May 5 2009, 09:15:17 AM
whyyyyy did guys and dolls get nominated for best revival? i realize it's not like there were tons of revivals that didn't get nominated, but can't they just nominate pal joey, west side, and hair?? guys and dolls was seriously the worst piece of theater i have ever seen.
Happiness?? tdf?
 May 5 2009, 12:31:58 AM
How often is Happiness on TDF? i know it was and now it's currently not. i really want to see it and would rather not pay 95 dollars for a ticket....any discounts people know of other than TDF? any info would be great!
PiraguaGuy2's FINAL Predictions
 May 3 2009, 05:34:17 PM
i really wonder if jennifer damiano is going to get nominated....i feel like the reviews really ignored her....but everyone seems to think that she's a guarantee nominee.....thoughts?
re: Millie at Guys and Dolls 3/11/09 Matinee
 Mar 14 2009, 12:07:50 AM
yeah, i'm 5'2" and petite and was miserably cramped. and also the seats are lop-sized. i always felt tilted to the left. just added to the not-so-delightful guys and dolls and experience
re: Guys and Dolls 3/11/09
 Mar 12 2009, 03:36:53 PM
yeah, i agree mary testa was nothing special, and that's more my point that she wasn't anything so great (and the whole sit down moment with her was kind of strange), but just because she was FINE, i liked her more because i didn't HATE her the way i hated everyone...
re: Patti LuPone: Coulda Woulda Shoulda
 Mar 12 2009, 03:01:14 PM
i saw it a few years ago. loved it.
Guys and Dolls 3/11/09
 Mar 12 2009, 02:58:31 PM
I saw Guys and Dolls last night. I was hoping that the very very negative reviews that it got could would be wrong and that I would still enjoy it. I mean, it's Guys and Dolls. Fun songs, fun characters, what could go wrong?

So much.

I am seriously debating who was the worst: Oliver Platt, Kate Jennings Grant, and Lauren Graham.

Oliver Platt as Nathan is completely mis-cast. He's too old for the part and plays it stiff and with no personality. He tried to play it like a tough guy, when the whole thing is that these guys act tough, but deep down are sensitive sweet guys. There was no sensitivity for Platt and he didn't really seem to care during "Sue Me" that Adelaide was saying all these terrible things about him.

Kate Jennings Grant as Sarah's singing was very average and her acting was even worse. I feel she mis-interpreted the character of Sarah. I realize that Sarah is uptight and a bit of a prude, but she played the character too obnoxious and not girl-ish. You never felt that she was repressed through her job or that she really had any feelings for Sky. She was slightly better during "If I Were a Bell," but even that was lacking. Everything that came out of her mouth was completely unbelievable. I would say her acting was terrible, but I wouldn't even call it acting. Grrrr.

Lauren Graham as Adelaide might have been the worst simply because Adelaide is a GREAT part. I mean, that is supposed to be a show-stopping part. I did not see Faith Prince in 1992, but knowing her abilities and how she won the Tony for it, I have to imagine that she had the show-stopping quality that Adelaide calls for. Graham got a few laughs here and there, but most things she said just came out very tentative and vague. "Adelaide's Lament" was boring and had no purpose. And I'm a big Lauren Graham fan from Gilmore Girls, so this was sad! Her singing was adequate, but she delivered every single line in this same monotone way.

Craig Bierko as Sky was the only one of the 4 that I like okay. He was fine, nothing sensational, but had he been working opposite people who were good, he would have been much better. He at least got some of the personality and characteristics of Sky. He sang decently and was likable for the most part. He just was working with such awful leads.

The dancers were good, but I didn't particularly like the choreography. And I felt that the dancers had good technique, but had nothing going on in their face. They were just dancing and not telling the story. No personality.

The bottom line that was that no one, other than Craig Bierko sometimes and Mary Testa made any character choices, or any choices AT ALL. Everyone was inter-changeable. Even Titus Burgess, who I liked a lot in Little Mermaid, played Nicely-Nicely just like Sebastian. "Sit Down You're Rocking the Boat" was the only slightly entertaining song, but it's towards the end of the show. I had already given up.

It's kind of sad that Mary Testa with her teeeeeeny little part was the best part of the show. I mean, Guys and Dolls has such great numbers, but this just dragged on with no personality. Guys and Dolls is supposed to be so much fun and really give you a sense of the uniqueness of New York City. I got none of that.

And also, the big Julie joke was lost because Oliver Platt is just as big. It might have at least been a little interesting had they made big Julie a REALLY small guy for a contrast.

I don't mean to be so rude and terrible. I'm just stating my opinion. It was very disheartening to see a show I love so much done so badly and with so little energy.

MWTA auditions
 Feb 14 2009, 05:47:18 PM
Is anyone doing MWTA next weekend? Or have done done it in the past? Any info that's good to know (i don't mean like telling me to be myself and good luck haha). I've done Strawhats before. Is it generally the same kind of thing to expect? Tons of people, post callbacks every hour, etc etc. Thanks!!
i love you because libretto and sheet music
 Jan 31 2009, 10:35:33 AM
does anyone know if/where the script to i love you because could be found??? and how about the sheet music? i'm sure i could get a song from michael lavine since he has everything, but does anyone know where if vocal selections are available? and where i could get a copy of the script (this is to do a scene in a class, not to illegally put the show up or something haha). any help would be great!
re: What is the most number of times you've seen in a particular show in a
 Jan 15 2009, 10:36:24 PM
i saw les miz at the walnut street theater twice in one week......i guess it's not that bad....but it was lucky i was leaving philadelphia or else i probably would have seen it weekly
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You