pixeltracker

Patti LuPone: Coulda Woulda Shoulda

Patti LuPone: Coulda Woulda Shoulda

wickedfan11 Profile Photo
wickedfan11
#1Patti LuPone: Coulda Woulda Shoulda
Posted: 3/9/09 at 7:57pm

Has anyone seen Patti LuPone's Coulda Woulda Shoulda concert? Is it worth getting tickets to? What is the running time?

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#2re: Patti LuPone: Coulda Woulda Shoulda
Posted: 3/9/09 at 7:57pm

Where is it?

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

wickedfan11
#2re: Patti LuPone: Coulda Woulda Shoulda
Posted: 3/9/09 at 7:59pm

She's touring it.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#3re: Patti LuPone: Coulda Woulda Shoulda
Posted: 3/9/09 at 8:27pm

No she's not.

wickedfan11
#4re: Patti LuPone: Coulda Woulda Shoulda
Posted: 3/9/09 at 8:29pm

She's performing it a few time in places across the country. (Not many times-only about 5-10)

Gene Kelly Jr.
#5re: Patti LuPone: Coulda Woulda Shoulda
Posted: 3/9/09 at 8:32pm

If you check her website, you'll see that she is doing the show several times this year. I really hope I can get to the one in Baltimore.

Pianolin717 Profile Photo
Pianolin717
#6re: Patti LuPone: Coulda Woulda Shoulda
Posted: 3/9/09 at 8:34pm

oh, well, I already have tickets for this when it comes to VA!

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#7re: Patti LuPone: Coulda Woulda Shoulda
Posted: 3/9/09 at 8:44pm

I love seeing Patti in concert, and Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda is definitely worth it if you're a fan of hers. I'd say it's somewhere around 2 hours.

(and I love that she's doing her concert with Mandy, two concerts of Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda and then her concert with Mandy again over the course of a week in April.)

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad
Updated On: 3/9/09 at 08:44 PM

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#8re: Patti LuPone: Coulda Woulda Shoulda
Posted: 3/9/09 at 8:52pm

OF COURSE it's worth it! I last saw C W S in Jan. 2008 in Dallas, Texas. I'm tickled pink about seeing "An Evening With Patti LuPone and Mandy Patinkin" in San Antonio,Texas on April 5th. It will be a hoot! from RC in Austin, Texas

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

timote316
#9re: Patti LuPone: Coulda Woulda Shoulda
Posted: 3/9/09 at 8:54pm

The concert goes around an hour and a half, not 2-2.5 hours. If you are a Patti fan, I'd definitely recommend it... I saw it when it came to a theatre near me a couple of years back, and it was great. It's just her and the piano, singing whatever she wants (as I believe she says in the concert, if I'm not mistaken). The stories she tells between songs are worth the ticket price alone.

Pianolin717
#10re: Patti LuPone: Coulda Woulda Shoulda
Posted: 3/9/09 at 8:55pm

does she do any sort of meet and greet afterwards? when she comes to VA, she has 2 concerts on a Sunday. one is at 5:30, the other at 7:30, so I bought tickets for the second one just incase.

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#11re: Patti LuPone: Coulda Woulda Shoulda
Posted: 3/9/09 at 9:09pm

timote, you're definitely closer with the time than I was, haha.

her patter is hysterical, and I know she mixes it up a little in terms of songs, because my friend and I saw different concerts and a few songs were different.

as for stage door...I'd honestly say that it depends. she didn't stage door any of the three concerts of hers I've seen, but I know other people have met her after concerts. so, who knows?

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

insertclevernamehere Profile Photo
insertclevernamehere
#12re: Patti LuPone: Coulda Woulda Shoulda
Posted: 3/9/09 at 9:17pm

I saw it a few years ago and it was fantastic. Go see it. If you;re a Patti fan you will not regret it.

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention...I'm the good cop, he's the bad cop.

Gene Kelly Jr.
#13re: Patti LuPone: Coulda Woulda Shoulda
Posted: 3/9/09 at 9:33pm

What songs do Patti and Mandy sing during their concert?

jennyish Profile Photo
jennyish
#14re: Patti LuPone: Coulda Woulda Shoulda
Posted: 3/9/09 at 9:52pm

I go to school near Cleveland, and I was already over-the-moon excited to get the Patti and Mandy concert in May.

Now you're telling me that as soon as I get home to Baltimore, she's doing a solo concert NINE MINUTES FROM MY HOUSE?

Crazy.

EDIT: So apparently it's a benefit and tickets are $450 for orchestra, $200 mezzanine. I guess I'll have to drive to Virginia or something . . .

But that was really exciting for a good ten minutes.

I chose, and my world was shaken. So what? The choice may have been mistaken. The choosing was not.
Updated On: 3/9/09 at 09:52 PM

obsessedjb Profile Photo
obsessedjb
#15re: Patti LuPone: Coulda Woulda Shoulda
Posted: 3/9/09 at 11:05pm

I'm going to see her in Indy next month very excited!!

Pianolin717
#16re: Patti LuPone: Coulda Woulda Shoulda
Posted: 3/9/09 at 11:08pm

"EDIT: So apparently it's a benefit and tickets are $450 for orchestra, $200 mezzanine. I guess I'll have to drive to Virginia or something . . . "

if you do end up driving to VA, you will NOT be disappointed. I'm not sure how the setup will be, but its at the Williamsburg Lodge in historic Williamsburg and its GORGEOUS!

walkedthroughmany Profile Photo
walkedthroughmany
#17re: Patti LuPone: Coulda Woulda Shoulda
Posted: 3/9/09 at 11:46pm

Go! Go! Go!

When I saw it about two years ago, the line up included "Meadowlark," "Ladies Who Lunch," "Losing My Mind," "Don't Cry For Me Argentina," "Easy To Be Hard," etc. The second act had a section of male song she's always wanted to do: "Trouble," "Soliloquy," etc.

It was wonderful, the stories were excellent, and the audience ate it up.

jennyish Profile Photo
jennyish
#18re: Patti LuPone: Coulda Woulda Shoulda
Posted: 3/9/09 at 11:57pm

MEADOWLARK?

Oh, man. I'm in for a drive.

I chose, and my world was shaken. So what? The choice may have been mistaken. The choosing was not.

dchesnutny Profile Photo
dchesnutny
#19re: Patti LuPone: Coulda Woulda Shoulda
Posted: 3/10/09 at 10:07am

Her duet from West Side Story ('a boy like that...') was GENIUS, and also worth the price of admission alone.

If you're a fan, definitely go.

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#20re: Patti LuPone: Coulda Woulda Shoulda
Posted: 3/10/09 at 2:32pm

PBS should film one of her "Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda" concerts. from RC in Austin, Texas... where it's 75 F.

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

NGeorgiaBwayFan Profile Photo
NGeorgiaBwayFan
#21re: Patti LuPone: Coulda Woulda Shoulda
Posted: 3/11/09 at 10:21am

I'm going to Chapel Hill, NC next week to see C W S. I'm so happy to hear everyone's reviews.

I wonder what happened to the Patti/Mandy show in Lexington, KY on 4/27-28. I was planning to go, but there is still no venue announced on her website or on avidtouring's website and I've not been able to find ticket info. I guess maybe it's not happening.

"Like the good Lord says . . . Ya gotta take the rough with the smooth, Baby!" Madame Rose

Dollypop
#22re: Patti LuPone: Coulda Woulda Shoulda
Posted: 3/11/09 at 11:12am

Patti does different versions of "Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda" depending on what the venue contracts her for. The last time I saw this was at the abominable Tilles Center on Long Island and it was a truncated version because the orchestra played for the 1st half of the evening and Patti did the 2nd.

Check before you buy your tickets.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

Tap
#23re: Patti LuPone: Coulda Woulda Shoulda
Posted: 3/11/09 at 11:43pm

Are you saying you paid for what you thought would be her C W S concert, and the first half was just orchestra, then she only sang in the second half? Was it half her concert, half the songs she usually sings?

Q
#24re: Patti LuPone: Coulda Woulda Shoulda
Posted: 3/12/09 at 2:38am

Ms. Lupone 'coulda, woulda, shoulda' if she were . . . well, nicer.