News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for acardbway

Member Name: acardbway
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

PLAZA SUITE Previews
 Mar 18 2022, 11:52:34 PM

I did partial view orchestra row P 9 and 11. All I missed was the act entrances (first 5-10 seconds of each act) but I saw the rest of the play in full. Highly recommend house left (odd # seats.) 

Act 3 takes place primarily hours right and if you were seated there I think you’d miss a lot.  I can’t speak for the rest of the house but I hope that helps you some. The show is a lot of fun - enjoy!

Favorite hotels in the theatre district?
 Mar 11 2022, 03:09:33 PM

I have a few - I've stayed at all of these and had a fine experience.  Really just depends on their rate at the time...

Marriott Marquis (can't go wrong here -though pricey)

Hotel Mela
Townplace Suites (44th)

Hampton Inn Times Sq North

Row NYC

Hope this helps :)

PLAZA SUITE Previews
 Mar 8 2022, 12:04:31 PM

Looking at the partial view seats for $99 side orchestra…worth it? Based on reviews I am seeing I should aim for house left (odd # seats). Is that the general consensus? Thanks all. 

Cursed Child Seating Opinions - Help
 Feb 24 2022, 01:01:48 PM

Thank you so much for your reply!! It helps to get feedback from someone who has been in the theatre. 

Cursed Child Seating Opinions - Help
 Feb 24 2022, 11:57:41 AM

Being very indecisive and would love any feedback on Lyric theater seating.  Would you recommend Orch side (ex row H 25 & 27) OR Dress Circle (ex row  E 2 & 4).

I tend to prefer orchestra, but don't want to miss the effects if I am too far to side.  Thanks in advance for your help and feedback.  Traveling from out of state so trying to make the best choice!

Broadway Discounts
 Feb 23 2022, 12:14:07 PM

Realizing this is a long shot - but figured it didn't hurt to ask - any Cursed Child promo codes for mid March?

Which Digital Lotteries Have You Won Since Broadway Has Been Back ?
 Oct 12 2021, 12:15:34 PM

I won Six for 10/1.  Seats were Orch AA 104 & 105.  Incredible seats for lottery!!

Wicked Offer Passcode?
 Aug 30 2021, 09:34:26 AM

Thank you so much!!!

Wicked Offer Passcode?
 Aug 30 2021, 08:59:53 AM

I will be traveling to the city for work in October, and I'd love to revisit Wicked while there.  I noticed some seats on ticketmaster locked for an offer passcode.  Anyone happen to know it?  There are much better seats locked with it :)

If not allowed, please feel free to delete.  I searched the boards with no success...

Help Me Finish Planning My Trip?
 Jan 11 2020, 09:28:00 AM
I so enjoyed reading your recaps! Glad you got a full cast for Hadestown, Eva was a highlight for me so I’m glad you got to see her! Save travels!
Moulin Rouge Question
 Jul 12 2019, 07:43:08 AM
Same.

My husband is a good enough sport for tagging along...just didn’t want to put him in a 2.5 hr torture chamber at the Hirschfeld.

Moulin Rouge Question
 Jul 12 2019, 07:29:02 AM
Thanks for clarifying! That I can get behind!

With the price tag I just wanted to be sure.

Moulin Rouge Question
 Jul 12 2019, 07:05:33 AM
This may be a dumb question but is Moulin Rouge a singalong? Ive read too many board posts and now Im unclear.

Of course if the cast encourages it at curtain call thats one thing...but is the full show like this? I know my husband would hate it if the full show is a singalong...

Any clarity would be appreciated before buying tickets for our trip in November...thank you!

Beetlejuice Rush Price range
 Jun 20 2019, 06:42:27 PM
Saw the show June 1, paid $43 per ticket. Seat was Mezz row D dead center. Great view!
Gideon Glick TKAMB
 May 8 2019, 11:41:17 AM

He stole the show for me!  I couldn't stop thinking about his performance after I saw this.  I am thrilled he was recognized with a Tony nom.

The cast as a whole was incredible, but he gave such a moving performance.  I can't say enough good things.

Oklahoma Seating - Help
 Apr 19 2019, 04:13:25 PM

I sat in K 107 (last row) and had no problem with the view (note, I am 5'7 and could see if one was shorter it could be harder to see in moments).  Without spoiling, you will get a really great view of the set design and staging as a whole.

I was completely drawn into the show and still felt it was intimate even from the last row of the theater.  Enjoy :)

Short show rec for Wed 4/17 PM
 Apr 15 2019, 12:50:29 PM
Waitress looks to have a 7p start time on Wednesday the 17th! That should work perfect for you :)

This is the show schedule for the week which also may help highlight other 7p start times...

http://www.playbill.com/article/weekly-schedule-of-current-broadway-shows-com-142774

OKLAHOMA! Previews
 Apr 8 2019, 01:09:08 PM

Yes!  I saw the show on 4/3 and chatted with Damon at the stage door and he said they were recording this week so it certainly seems like it is happening!

OKLAHOMA! Previews
 Apr 3 2019, 08:05:04 PM
I saw the matinee today and thought it was stunning. Put me in the camp that found this to be so fresh and innovative. I liked that it strayed from the original, though I understand if you’re a fan of the classic this version can certainly be a lot to digest. It is VERY different. But I loved it for that.

I found myself crying at “Poor Jud” and I have no idea what came over me...but it was such a rush of emotions and I am not a crier. I’m still processing this one...

The d

Another What Should I See Thread...
 Mar 10 2019, 07:27:07 PM
Thank you all for your help! I secured tickets to Kinky Boots, Kiss Me Kate, and Oklahoma! I’m so excited because I’ve never seen a production at Circle in the Square :)

I’ll hit Tootsie at Thanksgiving!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You