Gideon Glick TKAMB

tombomb31
#1Gideon Glick TKAMB
Posted: 5/8/19 at 11:27am

Gideon is one of my favorite stage actors working today. Ever since seeing him SLAYY his performance in Significant Other Ive been a massive fan. He was robbed of a Tony nomination that year. I dont yet have tickets to see TKAMB, but I am SO proud to see him nominated. So basically what Im asking is, is his performance worth the price of a ticket? Also, lets just show some love to Gideon bc he is incredible!

EthelMae Profile Photo
EthelMae
#2Gideon Glick TKAMB
Posted: 5/8/19 at 11:31am

Couldn’t have said it better myself.

acardbway
#3Gideon Glick TKAMB
Posted: 5/8/19 at 11:41am

He stole the show for me!  I couldn't stop thinking about his performance after I saw this.  I am thrilled he was recognized with a Tony nom.

The cast as a whole was incredible, but he gave such a moving performance.  I can't say enough good things.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#4Gideon Glick TKAMB
Posted: 5/8/19 at 1:05pm

Yes, he is lovely in this and deserving of the nom.  Is HIS performance alone worth the price of admission?  No, I don't think so - it's fairly small and unassuming.   The SHOW is beyond worthy however.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Mike Barrett  Profile Photo
Mike Barrett
#5Gideon Glick TKAMB
Posted: 5/8/19 at 1:13pm

While he is phenomenal in the role, and got a well deserved nomination, he alone isn't worth the price but I can promise you this entire show and production is. I don't know how in the world this wasn't nominated for best play, is the Scott Rudin protest really that strong? I don't necessarily not support that, but so many others work on a production everyday to make it retain its level of greatness. No disrespect to the other plays nominated, but its still shocking to me this wasn't nominated for best play. Gideon was great however, and Ive enjoyed his broadway.com vlog as well. 

astorian_ofthe_heart
#6Gideon Glick TKAMB
Posted: 5/8/19 at 3:42pm

If you love Gideon Glick that much, I can almost guarantee that you'll walk out of that theater happy. Like others said, the show itself is worth any amount you pay for it, and Glick himself is just spectacular. I think you will be very happy that you went.

Dancingthrulife2 Profile Photo
Dancingthrulife2
#7Gideon Glick TKAMB
Posted: 5/9/19 at 4:22am

I’ll just put it this way: the show had my soul shake when Celia delivered the last line.

BwayinVan
#8Gideon Glick TKAMB
Posted: 5/9/19 at 8:37am

Dancingthrulife2 said: "I’ll just put it this way: the show had my soul shake when Celia delivered the last line."

Absolutely. I started tearing up. So a subtle yet powerful ending