News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for children&art

children&art Profile Photo
Member Name: children&art
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: http://www.friendster.com/user.php?uid=1012589
Blog Address: http://old-bean.blogspot.com

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: 'Cooking with Bea Arthur' (I think it could work!)  Apr 18 2006, 03:35:25 PM
she could make different kinds of cheesecake and at the end of each episode she and rue and betty would gather round the table and devour a whole cheesecake.
re: Things that annoy you...  Apr 18 2006, 12:03:50 PM
1. Jerry Herman
2. Carol Channing
3. Jerry Herman & Carol Channing shows
4. people who LOVE "Hello Dolly"
5. the word "UM"

re: Audition Question - Jack in ITW  Apr 18 2006, 11:38:32 AM
in college i got the role by singing "Everybody Says Don't" from ANYONE CAN WHISTLE. that, and i blew the music director the night before auditions - but i like to think it was my singing talent that got me the role, and the fact that i am 6'6" which made for a funny Jack.

re: Roxie or Velma -- who would you rather play?  Apr 18 2006, 11:37:39 AM
Velma - she gets to open the show with "All That Jazz" (come on, no brainer!) and she is the pseudo-narrator of the show and this is the role that has won awards (Tony for Bebe, Oscar for Zeta) whereas Roxie has not

Roxie - she gets that great monologue with "Roxie" and can improv the **** out of it

but, they both get to dance "Hot Honey Rag" so it's all good.

re: Making The Best Sondheim CD  Apr 17 2006, 04:36:52 PM
"Losing My Mind" - Follies (original cast)
"Ariadne" - The Frogs (Nathan Lane)
"I Remember" - Evening Primrose (Megan Mullaly or Ute Lemper)
"The Girls of Summer" - Michelle Pawk

re: Has anyone seen The Mousetrap?  Apr 17 2006, 04:30:51 PM
It was lackluster BECAUSE you were in it
re: Next Disney Show  Apr 15 2006, 04:12:17 PM
i really hope it's "Hunchback" but not the cartoon movie version, the dark and sophisticated version that premiered and was put on CD in Germany (VERY VERY GOOD!)
re: Best Theatre Usher & Best Stage Door Manager  Apr 11 2006, 04:23:24 PM
have only females had positive experiences with Kevin at the Imperial? he was a buttinsky to me when i saw Boy from Oz and DRS, but he was sweet for the girlies.
re: Sebastian LaCause at SPLASH?  Apr 10 2006, 02:51:28 PM
not fighting, just like a courteous, yet force thump on the head.
re: Sebastian LaCause at SPLASH?  Apr 10 2006, 02:45:27 PM
"Sebastian is clearly one of us, jimnysf."

What the hell does that mean?

Is he a human being, is he an American, a New Yorker, an actor, a dancer? No, according to WAT the easiest way to define someone is by their sexuality.

It's the 21st century dude, wake up! Labels and thinking that like only serve to keep the gay community marginalized and less of the mainstream.

UGH!

re: MUST HAVE cast recordings for a Broadway enthusiast  Apr 10 2006, 02:23:50 PM
"...because i'm a collector."

that excuse doesnt make ANY sense. at least if you were a collector of art then you would be able to look at it and enjoy it, but as a "flop" cd fan you have em you put em on a shelf or in a drawer and what? why not just put $20 bills in a drawer, same thing.

im not saying you're wrong, just that it doesnt make sense to me. i would only buy something if i loved it and were certain that everytime i played it it brought a smile to my face.

re: MUST HAVE cast recordings for a Broadway enthusiast  Apr 10 2006, 12:52:38 PM
honestly, buy what you love - if you arent gonna listen to it, then why have it?
re: 'Tryst' nudity  Apr 10 2006, 12:51:56 PM
it tis better than Grease. i was so stoked to hear the rumor about Grease 3 with Britney and N'Sync, but alas...no such luck.
re: MUST HAVE cast recordings for a Broadway enthusiast  Apr 10 2006, 12:46:15 PM
definitely "Thou Shalt Not"
re: 'Tryst' nudity  Apr 10 2006, 12:44:26 PM
he was okay in "All My Children".

and while i too enjoy "Grease 2" as a natural upper it's "Let's Do It For Our Country", "Reproduction" and "Cool Rider" that always do it for me.

re: Sebastian LaCause at SPLASH?  Apr 10 2006, 10:33:51 AM
its not him.
re: 'Tryst' nudity  Apr 10 2006, 10:33:34 AM
dammit, well scratch that one off my list to see in May.
"Tryst" nudity  Apr 10 2006, 10:09:23 AM
this is a silly question, i know, but it begs to be asked - on the Theatremania info page for "Tryst" it says the play contains nudity and is not for children under 17 - so who gets naked?

(please tell me it is Maxwell Caulfield...please...please)

Well...  Apr 10 2006, 09:47:35 AM
i disagree with the letter "X", but i totally agree with the letter "E".
re: Best Theatre Usher & Best Stage Door Manager  Apr 9 2006, 09:53:45 PM
the imperial, i was on vacation and went to see "the boy from oz" near the end of the run. i had purchased a discount ticket online before i went but when i got to the packed theatre i found my seat was in the middle of a full row in the orchestra. being 6'6" tall i found that i was not able to sit comfortably in my seat without disturbing the theatre goers next to me and without contorting into some funky yoga-ish position.

about five minutes before the show started and everyone was p

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You