News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Scottsacto

Scottsacto Profile Photo
Member Name: Scottsacto
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

BroadwayCon 2022  Mar 28 2022, 04:20:57 PM

I am bumping this Thread for discussion.  I have read through other threads on this event and really would like to get you guys opinion on it.  I have the opportunity to come out in July and thought I might attend it.  Not sure if it is worth it or not?

As I have never attended any "Cons" ---what goes on?

Symposiums?

Concerts?

Meet & Greets?

The website says no problem attending evening shows--though some events may go into that

Broadway Discounts  Sep 29 2021, 01:34:42 AM

Thanks For The Code----Mike T73.  Been Dying to see this on my November Trip.

Seating at Sacramento Community Center Theater  Feb 22 2019, 10:21:36 PM

Exactly.  Also, the stage is quite High in the Community Center.

Mark Twain Tonight!  Apr 1 2016, 09:45:26 PM

Saw this January of this year.  Sad to say that he dropped his cards at the beginning of Act 1 and was lost for the whole act.  Pulled it together for Act 2 and ended strongly with much of the Huck Finn passage memorized.

Amazing that he can still do a One Man show @ 91 years old. 

New York May Trip  Mar 17 2016, 03:07:57 AM

I too always go in May and I LOVE the Fashion Institute Displays at the Metropolitan each year.  Runs from May - August.  Always Amazing Installations.  

What should be NBC's next Live Musical ?  Dec 5 2015, 09:08:30 PM

I, personally, would  love to see Lady GaGa take at stab at doing "Mame"--may be a bit young now--but in the future.  I think she would be amazing.

Saturday 5pm show Suggestions?  Oct 12 2015, 11:32:31 PM

Thanks for the advice.  Have done some of these, but the Colin Quinn sounds interesting.

Any more ideas--send them out.

Saturday 5pm show Suggestions?  Oct 12 2015, 06:37:55 PM

Thanks Mr Roxy!  BTW--what was the running Time on It?

Saturday 5pm show Suggestions?  Oct 12 2015, 06:12:58 PM

Coming out there for a quick weekend trip in November,  Have done what I cal a "Theatre Trifecta" (3 shows in one day--even did 4 shows 1 time when Hedwig was open).  Have had some Great Experiences with the likes of "Here Lies Love" and "Murder Ballad".  Have also had some Not so great experiences.  Haven't we all.

That said--I am looking for a show to take in.  Do not mind taking a train to another area of the city (Time permi

How long will it take for Cinderella to recoup?  Nov 17 2014, 06:36:51 PM
I know this thread is over a year old--but has this show ever recouped? I do not remember seeing it announced anywhere?

Thanks

Nytix offers to get you tickets to BoM lottery?  Oct 16 2014, 01:25:33 AM
WEll--from my experience they are only telling you about the lottery and rush policies of shows. They sometimes have codes that go further ahead then some of the other sites. You do have to pay a nominal fee to get the in demand codes. I do NOT believe they offer rush or lottery tickets. IMHO
curious incident previews  Sep 11 2014, 02:51:24 AM
Thanks for the report Whizzer!! Always Happy to hear your opinion on these things!!
YOU CAN'T TAKE IT WITH YOU previews.  Aug 27 2014, 01:23:09 AM
So Happy that Whizzer Liked It!! Add this one to my Possible Fall Checklist!!
YOU CAN'T TAKE IT WITH YOU Previews  Aug 26 2014, 10:18:42 PM
Wrong THread!
Wicked: Crap for the masses, or something worth seeing?  Jul 14 2014, 01:28:21 AM
I Agree with PromisesPromises 2 about it being a Gateway Show. Many of my friends that have NO Interest in Theatre--Usually Say that they are dying to see Wicked the next time it is in Town. May get them interested in trying something Else Later---I Hope!
Les Miz merchandise guy  Jun 9 2014, 03:09:07 AM
One of my All Time Favorite Threads on Here!! Congrats!!
Attending the Tony Awards!  May 31 2014, 06:18:26 PM
Congratulations on the Win of the Playbill Contest. Good to know that someone wins these things.

As to some of the other questions on Here--

You can take photos before and after the show. I have, anyway.

Once the show starts--all bars are closed and as long as you are not on the main floor--you can get up whenever. The only drink option is the water fountains in Radio City.

Flashdance Musical  May 27 2014, 05:45:39 PM
I saw this when it came to my town last Winter.. I was more impressed with the 2nd Act than I was with the first. Talking to the cast they were surprised about that as most of the big numbers from the Movie are in the 1st Act. The problem is that with editing the sequences on Film looked so much "Flashier". I just do not think this has much of a chance on Broadway. IMHO
Audience capacity at HERE LIES LOVE  May 19 2014, 11:08:09 AM
I happened to ask one of the ushers that question this week--she said 140 on the floor and she thought 20-30 in the balcony.
Audience Rewards  May 15 2014, 09:59:25 AM
I have used points twice. Both times I was seated in Left Orchestra about 7-8 rows back. Middle of the Row. Great Seats at a Great Price.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You