BroadwayCon 2022

ren598
#1BroadwayCon 2022
Posted: 9/15/21 at 6:30pm

BroadwayCon 2022 will be February 18–20, 2022, at the Manhattan Center and the New Yorker Hotel. Anyone going?

bway0
#2BroadwayCon 2022
Posted: 9/15/21 at 6:59pm

I’ve gotten press passes twice and both times it snowed canceling my train. I’m 0 for 2 and not trying a third time. I’ve heard it’s a lot of fun though. So if you go, enjoy!

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#3BroadwayCon 2022
Posted: 9/15/21 at 8:03pm

I think this is all a tad premature. Let’s get through the winter (cold/flu/Delta) season before scheduling a con with performers in February. If they are committed to having it at least wait until spring.

I can venture to guess that NOT a ton of performers who rely on their voices and lungs will be signing up for photo and autograph experiences with the unwashed masses.

Actors aren’t even allowed to stage door at the point but let’s plan a con. Brilliant.

I wish them luck. I’ll be curious to see who they get. The who’s who of who’s that.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#4BroadwayCon 2022
Posted: 9/15/21 at 11:10pm

I’ve been to all of them (I even got a hotel in Times Square during the blizzard during the first one, since I live in Queens). I’m planning to go to this one, although it’s not like one can make real plans for anything a week or even months from now anyway.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#5BroadwayCon 2022
Posted: 1/6/22 at 12:25pm

In light of the ongoing Omicron wave, BroadwayCon has been pushed back to the weekend of July 8 at the Manhattan Center & New Yorker Hotel.

Oh look, a bibu!

BroadwayRox3588 Profile Photo
BroadwayRox3588
#6BroadwayCon 2022
Posted: 1/6/22 at 10:47pm

EDSOSLO858 said: "In light of the ongoing Omicron wave, BroadwayCon has been pushed back to the weekend of July 8 at the Manhattan Center & New Yorker Hotel."

They'll cancel it.

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#7BroadwayCon 2022
Posted: 1/6/22 at 11:04pm

BroadwayRox3588 said: "EDSOSLO858 said: "In light of the ongoing Omicron wave, BroadwayCon has been pushed back to the weekend of July 8 at the Manhattan Center & New Yorker Hotel."

They'll cancel it.
"

Let’s see where we stand this summer… just because the situation is seemingly dire right now does not mean it will be the same several months into the future. 

Oh look, a bibu!

BroadwayRox3588 Profile Photo
BroadwayRox3588
#8BroadwayCon 2022
Posted: 1/6/22 at 11:10pm

EDSOSLO858 said: "BroadwayRox3588 said: "EDSOSLO858 said: "In light of the ongoing Omicron wave, BroadwayCon has been pushed back to the weekend of July 8 at the Manhattan Center & New Yorker Hotel."

They'll cancel it.
"

Let’s see where we stand this summer… just because the situation is seemingly dire right now does not mean it will be the same several months into the future.
"

I can tell you exactly how it's gonna play out. The Omicron wave will start going down in the next few weeks. Then maybe keep going down in February, and into March. Then sometime in April, a new variant will appear, everyone will freak out, and then it'll get cancelled.

The cycle has become very predictable. 

Scottsacto Profile Photo
Scottsacto
#9BroadwayCon 2022
Posted: 3/28/22 at 4:20pm

I am bumping this Thread for discussion.  I have read through other threads on this event and really would like to get you guys opinion on it.  I have the opportunity to come out in July and thought I might attend it.  Not sure if it is worth it or not?

As I have never attended any "Cons" ---what goes on?

Symposiums?

Concerts?

Meet & Greets?

The website says no problem attending evening shows--though some events may go into that time frame-True or Not True?

Is this event really geared to the a younger {Teenage) demographic? Or would an Old Theatre Loving Guy, like myself, enjoy it too?

Thanks, in advance, for any information you can share.

g.d.e.l.g.i. Profile Photo
g.d.e.l.g.i.
#10BroadwayCon 2022
Posted: 3/28/22 at 5:43pm

Scottsacto said: "Is this event really geared to the younger {Teenage) demographic? Or would an Old Theatre Loving Guy, like myself, enjoy it too?"

I think you'll find something to enjoy. However, as someone presenting a panel at the Con, I will tell you that we were told they wanted "audiences who are not familiar with this topic to be able to engage with it," and so we updated the title, description, and focus of our presentation accordingly. Based on that experience, I think that, like most Cons, it kind of attracts a younger crowd, but that doesn't mean there's nothing for the older folks to enjoy.

Formerly gvendo2005
Broadway Legend

Blocked: After Eight, suestorm, david_fick, emlodik, lovebwy, Dave28282, joevitus, BorisTomashevsky

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#11BroadwayCon 2022
Posted: 3/29/22 at 7:28pm

Scottsacto said: "I am bumping this Thread for discussion. I have read through other threads on this event and really would like to get you guys opinion on it. I have the opportunity to come out in July and thought I might attend it. Not sure if it is worth it or not?

As I have never attended any "Cons" ---what goes on?

Symposiums?

Concerts?

Meet & Greets?

The website says no problem attending evening shows--though some events may go into that time frame-True or Not True?

Is this event really geared to the a younger {Teenage) demographic? Or would an Old Theatre Loving Guy, like myself, enjoy it too?

Thanks, in advance, for any information you can share.

"

I've gone to all of them and am planning to go to this one. I mostly go for the panels and main stage programming. It's fun. I think it's a mixed to younger crowd. Like there are a lot of young people there, but there are older, so you won't be out of place there.

The good thing about programming is that you don't have to stay for the whole thing and can leave whenever you feel like. Programming seems to run on the hour, so depending on the curtain for your show, you will want to duck out early to give yourself time to get to the theater. A matinee, you could definitely leave for and return later.

I think I saw that meet and greets are a separate fee this year. This is the first time they are doing it this way. In the past, they were free, but you entered a lottery system. I don't know anything about this year's method to say if it's better or worse.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates