News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for The Ferryman Himself

Member Name: The Ferryman Himself
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

A STRANGE LOOP On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
 Dec 28 2022, 09:51:31 PM

Yeah, it seems fairly cut and dry to me. The production, in efforts to reduce weekly costs, most likely didn't want to designate an alternate due to some pay bump/stipend that's attached to the title. That and/or they don't feel like the role of Usher requires that support. This probably frustrated our leading man, understandably (to a point), and brought us here. 

I also find it interesting my thread looking to explore/discuss Jacquel's Insta posts has been delete

A STRANGE LOOP On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
 Dec 28 2022, 09:03:36 PM

Yeah, I can't help but feel the producers tried to crack down on/disincentivize absences and Jaquel took it in this direction. I just learned today that he hasn't been doing matinee performances regularly for weeks?! Why is the alternate (which he is if he knows he's going on every matinee) not billed as such? Bizarre... Seems like the producers don't want that to be formally announced/in place. 

How is it this production and almost only this pro

Fight/Disruption at Death of a Salesman 12/27
 Dec 28 2022, 08:29:54 PM

There was a woman there who RAN down from the balcony to this woman's defense. Even started screaming at a man in the balcony nobody needed to hear his "white" mouth, or something along those lines. Granted, he projected the loudest that night when he shouted, "you're a disgrace". She let everyone know that she's a lawyer too. 

I admit, I'm nosy so I ran downstairs to "use the restroom" and saw the managers doing their best to get

Thoughts of a Colored Man to stream on CW Seed?
 Jan 2 2022, 11:11:23 PM

At an event yesterday evening two people casually mentioned that Thoughts of a Colored Man had been professionally recorded and in negotiations to stream on CW Seed. 

I thought this seemed a bit far fetched, but was curious if anyone had some scoop on this. I missed this one, so it would be great to watch! 

DOUBTFIRE to take nine week hiatus
 Jan 2 2022, 10:28:24 PM

I doubt the show fires back up in March.

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child - One Part?
 Jul 21 2020, 05:09:59 PM

This afternoon I overheard that Harry Potter and the Cursed Child may be reducing the show to a single "part". At first, I was shocked. However, I do recall the show's lackluster performance and this shutdown may have pushed things this far. 

Has anyone else heard of this? Would this be the death of the two-part play, a trend I'm always torn about? 

West Side Story Seating Advice
 Dec 12 2019, 01:11:28 AM

I sat in I-19 today and thought I missed a few nice moments on the screen. It didn't stop me from seeing the show, but everything onstage was visible. 

The stage does appear to be quite high. Similar to "Sunday in the Park With George", there is a platform on top of the deck. 

WEST SIDE STORY (2019 Revival) Preview Thread
 Dec 12 2019, 01:09:06 AM

I was discussing this production with a friend who saw it tonight. They enjoyed it, but had a few reservations. 

We disagreed strongly on the staging of "Cool". I'm not sure I understood it, but I thought it was striking. The lighting on both the stage and screen at that moment was mesmerizing. 

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content
 Dec 11 2019, 12:26:00 AM

Dolly80 said: "Does it sound good musically? Good singing ?"

The sound was a little funky tonight ,especially in the last 20 minutes or so. 

The singing is great. Some outshine others, but it was never distracting. 

Dec 11 2019, 12:22:56 AM

I thought this was fantastic. I admit, I love Ivo van Hove. However, I have been disappointed with him in the past and am not afraid to criticize. Tonight, I saw Ivo in his best form. 

He has taken text from 1957 and made it sound like it was written in 2019. (At times, the music did disconnect from the production's angry, hasty, yet not sloppy, personality.) The way Maria and Tony interact in the film would be considered old-fashioned and almost silly to some today. That was

Interesting Mid-Show Mishaps
 Dec 3 2019, 12:20:44 AM

When I saw The Testament of Mary, Fiona Shaw cut herself on the barbed wire. You could tell it was bleeding, but it didn't stop her. 

Peace for Mary Frances transfer?
 Dec 3 2019, 12:17:47 AM

Saw American Utopia last night and sat in their lounge before the show began. We were introduced to two men who were producers and they mentioned this show in their upcoming projects. 

I missed this off-Broadway. No one here seemed to enjoy it. 

SEA WALL/A LIFE to Broadway
 Aug 1 2019, 01:02:19 AM

I really, really enjoyed this evening. It's always nice to see two actors doing what they do best. It's even better when the material complements their talents. 

I really enjoyed Sea Wall and Tom. It's certainly more theatrical than A Life, but it's more of a slow burn and I think Tom is really giving a stunning performance. I enjoyed him more than Gyllenhaal, who is also giving a great performance. A Life is more straightforward and actor-ish to me, but Jake deliv

2010 Tony Awards Opening Number - Fela! Incident
 May 17 2019, 02:02:20 PM

Yes, it is me. The Ferryman himself. 

All jokes aside, this past week some friends and I were discussing outrageous moments from previous Tony ceremonies and I was shocked to hear none of them recalled this moment. (Begin at 6:09).

Does anyone know what actually happened? The opening was plagued with sound issues throughout, but this is certainly another level. The always lovely Saycon Sengbloh is clearly singing the melody heard throughout (You can't hear it, but her mouth is moving along with it.), but I cannot wrap my head around the fact that someone backstage would be casually making that noise and accidentally amplified. 

So, what happened?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You