News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Highland Guy

Highland Guy Profile Photo
Member Name: Highland Guy
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Is Ben Platt Reopening The Palace theatre with a concert for his new Album?  Mar 19 2024, 04:31:40 PM

Kad said: "Highland Guy said: "I would think that stars of the magnitude of Lady Gaga would be thrilled to reopen The Palace for the simplehonorof doing so."

The honor of being on the same stage as Spongebob Squarepants... thirty feet above new retail space... I'm sure Gaga would want to pay *them* for that!
"

Yes, HONOR

Is Ben Platt Reopening The Palace theatre with a concert for his new Album?  Mar 19 2024, 04:19:17 PM

I would think that stars of the magnitude of Lady Gaga would be thrilled to reopen The Palace for the simple honor of doing so.

Living Broadway Legends  Mar 18 2024, 06:09:36 PM

Betty Buckley

Is Ben Platt Reopening The Palace theatre with a concert for his new Album?  Mar 18 2024, 04:16:15 PM

Luscious said: "So, all of you wannabe, know-it-alll, haters are wrong again. Haha!! When are you going to realize that all the hate and venom you spew is just going to come back and bite you in your talentless asses."

There's more "hate" in this one post than in all the other posts in this thread combined.

Is Ben Platt Reopening The Palace theatre with a concert for his new Album?  Mar 17 2024, 06:51:54 PM

Ben Platt?  Seriously?

CBS Sunday Morning Did Not Ask Nicholas Sparks About Racist/Homophobic Comments  Mar 17 2024, 02:53:33 PM

BETTY22 said: "New York Times 2019 - The writer Nicholas Sparks, whose string of best-selling novels-turned-films includes “The Notebook,” apologized Monday for comments he made in 2013 that appeared to express hostility toward homosexuality and to oppose the creation of a club for gay students at a prep school he founded in North Carolina.

Additionally - among other allegations,complaint's says the best-selling author sought to block the recruitment of bla

A SAG Life Achievement Award for Barbra  Feb 26 2024, 01:46:34 PM

Idina Menzel to star in new stage musical REDWOOD at La Jolla  Feb 19 2024, 01:02:05 PM

rg7759 said: "People are on this board because we're anxiously awaiting the first reviews of the show, and we're being forced to sift through reviews of a nearby strip mall."

You're not being "forced" to do anything.

Tyne Daly Withdraws From DOUBT, Amy Ryan To Replace  Feb 6 2024, 05:48:41 PM

Sending my very best thoughts to both Tyne and Amy.

Tyne Daly Withdraws From DOUBT, Amy Ryan To Replace  Feb 6 2024, 05:21:34 PM

BorisTomashevsky said: "Smaxie said: ">Tyne was never coming back. I wonder what the real story is here. Couldn’t learn the lines? Couldn’t stand Liev?<

Have you no shame? Seriously. This is both cruel and unhinged.
"

The only shame is when false fronts are put up to hide what’s really going on. Theatre history is full of these situations. Do you believe everything you read?
"

SHUT  UP&nb

Grammys Best Musical Theatre Album 2024  Feb 4 2024, 05:07:08 PM

I hope the second massive storm scheduled to hit Southern California soon will not negatively impact the Grammy Awards.  Stay safe (and dry) everyone.

Great songs given to minor/insignificant characters  Feb 3 2024, 01:36:22 PM

I don't know if Fraulein Schneider in "Cabaret" qualifies as a minor/insignificant character.  But when I first saw "Cabaret" in 1968 London with Judi Dench and Lila Kedrova, I was knocked back in my seat as Kedrova sang What Would You Do?  A great song.  More than half a century later, it still packs an emotional wallop for me.  Here is Kedrova singing it.

Chita Rivera has died  Feb 3 2024, 01:02:25 PM

A bit of fun with Chita, Carol, Caterina....and Boris.

Do You Have a Famous Doppelganger?  Feb 3 2024, 12:39:43 PM

I am told that in my earlier years, I resembled both Cole Porter and Paul Reubens (Pee-wee Herman).  I'm cool with that.

And you?

A SAG Life Achievement Award for Barbra  Feb 2 2024, 04:49:51 PM

Back on topic.

Barbra Streisand is receiving this award, in part, for her humanitarian accomplishments.  Here are some of them.  She is truly worthy of this honor.

https://foundationguide.org/philanthropist/barbra-streisand/

A SAG Life Achievement Award for Barbra  Feb 2 2024, 02:28:46 PM

Here is a photo gallery of those who have been honored with a "SAG Life Achievement Award" dating back to Eddie Cantor in 1962.  Barbra Streisand is in excellent company.

https://www.sagawards.org/nominees/life-achievement-award-recipient/59th

SARAH BRIGHTMAN To Star in Australian SUNSET BLVD.  Feb 2 2024, 01:52:11 PM

I had the pleasure of attending a Sarah Brightman concert some many years ago.  Enjoyed it much more than I anticipated I would.  Wish I could see her "Sunset Blvd" performance in Australia, but alas. 

A SAG Life Achievement Award for Barbra  Feb 2 2024, 12:05:55 PM

Here is Sondheim presenting the 1992 "Grammy Legend Award" to Streisand.

Enough with the frigging negativity.  Barbra deserves every award she has received.  I'm here to celebrate her latest achievement.  WELL DONE, Barbra Joan Streisand !! 

A SAG Life Achievement Award for Barbra  Feb 1 2024, 07:34:19 PM

Excellent !!

https://www.sagaftra.org/barbra-streisand-be-honored-2023-sag-life-achievement-award#:~:text=The%20legendary%20actor%2C%20singer%2C%20producer,career%20achievements%20and%20humanitarian%20accomplishments.

Seth MacFarlane to Broadway?  Feb 1 2024, 12:54:41 PM

Jamie Parker, Seth MacFarlane and the John Wilson Orchestra

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You