News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Iheartchipotle

Iheartchipotle Profile Photo
Member Name: Iheartchipotle
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

CAROUSEL today
 Apr 26 2015, 06:34:22 PM

Isn't that the irony of this show? It's one of the most beautifully written musicals of all time, and yet it deals with one of the darkest sides of humanity? I don't think it would work as well without the contract/juxtaposition. 

And if there are more of you that see it before it closes - maybe pry a bit about the transfer and let us all know! I wish I would have asked more questions, but I didn't......and not going to be able to see this again before it clo

CAROUSEL today
 Apr 25 2015, 10:38:24 PM

Saw the matinee - great show with some wonderful performances. It was oddly paced at times though, and Denyce Graves....She has a great voice, but her timing was a bit off throughout "June Is Bustin' Out All Over'. I felt that her treatment of the character was a bit mismatched with the period, but this could be me biased to the LC revival years ago. 

But Pasquale....Wow. Really, blew the roof off the theater. His Soliloquy will become the definitive version of this song. And

CAROUSEL today
 Apr 25 2015, 10:38:22 PM

Saw the matinee - great show with some wonderful performances. It was oddly paced at times though, and Denyce Graves....She has a great voice, but her timing was a bit off throughout "June Is Bustin' Out All Over'. I felt that her treatment of the character was a bit mismatched with the period, but this could be me biased to the LC revival years ago. 

But Pasquale....Wow. Really, blew the roof off the theater. His Soliloquy will become the definitive version of this song. And

Will we see a new Boublil and Schonberg musical?
 Jan 3 2013, 11:04:26 AM
With the success of the film, and a potential film version of Miss Saigon in the works, is there any word or rumor of a new B&S musical? Hate me if you like, but I thought the score for both Martin Guerre and Pirate Queen had some very beautiful moments, and even Schonberg's ballets have gorgeous moments musically.

So, what do you think the chances are of them writing a new show in the next few years? If there are rumors, anyone know the subject matter?

‘Pan’s Labyrinth’ Heading For The Stage
 Dec 7 2012, 09:52:52 AM
Agreed about Taymor. It could be stunning, and would be right up her alley. Imagine TITUS and Lion King in one show...
LES MISERABLES Film Official Reviews
 Dec 7 2012, 09:44:21 AM
If THE MASTER wins best picture, I'd never trust the Oscar voting process again. That was, by far, the worst movie I have ever seen. And I've seen some clunkers. Painful to watch. Absolutely dreadful.

Not sure about Les Miz's chance at winning BP, but it will certainly get a few. I hope it is great--and will see it regardless of reviews--but it is a musical musical. Little dialogue. And even with stunning visuals, performances, there are many who can only handle so much singing i

Just saw it over the weekend
 Oct 29 2012, 01:19:13 PM
While it was a great show, the first act really kinda fell flat; had a bit too much camp to really take the whole desperation of the situation seriously. The second act came to life; but there simply wasn't enough of it.

The songs: some great. some kinda...eh. The finales to both acts were pretty great, but spread some more interesting, and less cliched numbers throughout, and I think it would pay off a bit more.

Billy porter: First act, voice was GREAT. and he has a grea

MG vs PQ
 Oct 24 2012, 11:01:20 AM
Saw both.

Pirate Queen was more interesting than Martin Guerre. Saw it in Chicago and on B'way twice. Musically, better and visually stunning.

Too bad the critics (and everyone else) disagreed. Though I'm still surprised it hasn't been staged in the West End.

Overtures with staging?
 Oct 23 2012, 09:02:30 AM
All of the Boublil & Schoenberg shows: Les Mis, Miss Saigon, Martin Guerre. Not sure about Marguerite?
Martin Guerre OLC
 Oct 23 2012, 09:00:11 AM
I saw the second incarnation in London, shortly after changes were made. Going with a group of about 8 college students, 3 fell asleep. I loved it, but wasn't really too involved with any of the characters. The set was boring, the burning scene was dull, and some of the characters were just...well, annoying.

That said, I think this is one of their best scores. Bethlehem, the Overture (I still love it), Imposters, All I Know....there are some great tunes.

Get the OLC cast rec

Nightingale - Anyone seen it?
 Jul 19 2012, 01:23:29 PM
I think it just started a few days ago on the West Coast - anyone hear anything about it? Curious to see what Sheik's follow up to Spring Awakening is like.

Thanks!

Recently Announced Tupac Musical Audience Guidelines
 Mar 14 2012, 04:22:32 PM
This just in:

In the spirit of its subject matter, the Producers of the sold-out Tupac Shakur musical, "Hit Me With Your Best Shot (or, HMWYBS for Internet theater purists) have announced instructions for future patrons of their show: "There will be two versions of our show. One for the elitist, white crowd, and another for everyone else [read, blacks]. Performances will alternate nightly."

The "Whitie-night" performance, will feature Gucci baggy-recycled-bag pants, gi

Wildhorn/Lloyd Webber Collaboration
 Dec 20 2011, 12:02:15 PM
Really? Occupy Chipotle? Give me a break. I was asking a legit question about musical theater, and you nitpick over a fast food chain?

Another reason why this board is losing fans. Used to be about open discussion and not about posters' personalities and off-topic baggage.

Dec 20 2011, 10:01:32 AM
And an addendum, pointed out by another. They would have to get someone that actually knows how to write a good book. :)
 Dec 20 2011, 09:43:29 AM
Reading this board for years, and seeing the negative feelings for these writers (but secretly loving some of their music), I have a question:

Let's say we took the best parts of Wildhorn's scores, the best parts of ALW's scores and somehow (and it would be a Herculean effort) had them collaborate on one show together. Wildhorn's pop genre tamed by ALW's occasional moments of grandeur. And then claim it was written by an unknown.

Do you think it would have a chance of success?

Lucy Simon's Zhivago - w/Anthony Warlow
 Jan 14 2011, 01:11:08 PM
Still in rehearsal, I think. I know there was a West Coast production at some point, but this might be a revised version...?

In any case, some haunting music. Looking forward to more; maybe a cast album should emerge from Down Under, build some hype??

Lucy Simon's Zhivago - w/Anthony Warlow
 Jan 13 2011, 07:38:05 PM
Anyone check out the site for the Sydney production lately? There are a few downloads of songs with Anthony Warlow singing - sounds like another great score from Lucy Simon...Can't seem to get the song 'Now' out of my head. Do check it out; would be great to get some producers to bring this to the states.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You