News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ConvinceMe2

ConvinceMe2 Profile Photo
Member Name: ConvinceMe2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Favorite Bernadette Peters cast recording?
 Oct 21 2005, 01:31:32 PM
DAMES AT SEA and MACK AND MABEL
re: Is Stephen Sondheim Overrated???
 Oct 21 2005, 01:30:43 PM
Did somebody fault him for that? I missed that.
re: Julie Andrews Directed Boyfriend in Boston-Error in Piece
 Oct 21 2005, 01:28:02 PM
Most people think that she won an Oscar for THE SOUND OF MUSIC. Probably, because she should have. But, you're right, most people writing critique, today, do no fact checking. One of the reasons I don't bother reading them is because I was always finding incorrect factual information in them.
re: Anyone see carol channing...
 Oct 21 2005, 11:36:38 AM
Her appearance was fun. She sang 'Dolly'.
 Oct 21 2005, 11:32:23 AM
But my point wasn't about hit songs, it was about hit shows. I was only giving you my opinion of his songs. I almost never listen to a Sondheim song. I don't particularly like his music. Just not a fan; but I was attempting to be objective about him in my original post.
 Oct 21 2005, 10:06:26 AM
What's the Mozart comment mean? It has nothing to do with my post or the point I was making. The question is: Is Stephen Sondheim Overrated? My point was that by the theater community (people who do theater), he is; by the general public, he isn't. They barely know who he is. So what is Mozart was ignored by the general public. What's that have to do with anything?
 Oct 21 2005, 09:09:20 AM
You can make excuses for Sondheim; but the fact remains that he never had a Jerry Herman-sized hit. Never.
 Oct 21 2005, 08:34:05 AM
While I think his songs worked well within the context of the piece, on their own, they're unmemorable to me. Outside the context of his shows, I never want to hear them. Not sure what you mean by overrated. Theater people adore him, so in that regard he is overrated. The general public is indifferent to him. His shows (and songs, for which he is sole composer, with the exception of SEND IN THE CLOWNS) have never enjoyed the financial success of Cole Porter, Rodgers & Hart, Jerry Herman,
re: Incredibly UNDERRATED Overtures..
 Oct 13 2005, 11:40:40 PM
The Overture that was recorded for THE KING AND I's soundtrack album is the best overture ever, in my opinion. I'm a big fan of HOW TO SUCCEED, original production and the film version of FLOWER DRUM SONG. I love overtures. Lots of them.
re: Great Christmas Broadway songs
 Oct 13 2005, 05:48:59 PM
"A Fact Can Be A Beautiful Thing" - PROMISES, PROMISES
"It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas" - HERE'S LOVE
"Christmas Together" - A CHRISTMAS CAROL: THE MUSICAL

re: No Way To Treat A Lady
 Oct 12 2005, 02:27:53 PM
I've never even heard of it. I have seen the film on which this is, obviously, based. I love that. Non-musical, of course.
re: 'American Idol' Finalist To Star in West Side Story in California
 Oct 12 2005, 09:51:15 AM
Ugh!
re: 'American Idol' Finalist To Star in West Side Story in California
 Oct 12 2005, 09:34:52 AM
Is she the girl who lost to that loud-mouth who just screams and says "yeah, yeah, yeah", and calls it singing?
re: MADONNA SONGS AS THEY WERE MEANT TO BE HEARD!
 Oct 8 2005, 11:43:56 AM
I said "Sondheim composed song". Perhaps I didn't word it, correctly. In my mind, I was equating composed with music, not lyrics.

re: Anybody else not LOOOVE Sweeney?
 Oct 6 2005, 11:29:03 PM
I couldn't despise the show more. Not this production, just the show, score, etc. Hate it.
re: Who was the best Grizabella?
 Oct 6 2005, 08:41:45 AM
As much as I despise the show and its score, nobody touches Betty Buckley's "Memory".
re: Listening to Linda Eders new cd
 Oct 6 2005, 08:39:52 AM
My favorite thing about Linda Eder is that she just stands there and sings the songs. What a welcomed change!
re: Most Pointless Musical that is a HIT
 Sep 26 2005, 10:57:25 PM
Without question, CATS is the most pointless musical ever!
re: The Woman In Black....has this show been on Broadway?
 Sep 26 2005, 10:56:19 PM
I saw it. Very creepy. However,when I was around 12, I saw a film version which was done for television, I believe. I keep meaning to buy that version to see it again. It scared the hell out of me.
re: Renee Zellweger and Kenny Chesney Split
 Sep 15 2005, 08:06:06 PM
SO... remind again: straight people can get married and gays can't because...

Kenny Chesney is straight?!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You