News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for jochang621

jochang621 Profile Photo
Member Name: jochang621
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Drowsy Chaperone Equity or Non-Equity...
 Jun 3 2008, 01:19:18 AM
Does anyone know when it's changing to non-equity?
re: Whistle Down the Wind Tour...
 Mar 3 2008, 10:36:20 PM
I have to agree with the people who didn't like it. I saw it in Sacramento. There was no proper character development - it had some great songs, but you didn't care enough about the characters to really feel their pain ("Tire Tracks and Broken Hearts"), and it feels like one Southern cliche/stereotype after another, a British man's view of the South, I suppose. Also, the Phantom-like ascending/descending arpeggios in the musical interludes (juxtaposed jarringly to Southern twanging) was EXTREMEL
re: Has 'Company' been shown on PBS yet?
 Feb 20 2008, 07:24:10 PM
I've actually found the PBS link to be wrong in trying to see which programs are airing in my area, not only for Company showing tonight, but other Great Performances shows I've tried to search for before. I would double check in tvguide.com or Yahoo TV for more info.
re: Spelling Bee tour question: audience participation
 Jan 2 2008, 04:12:17 PM
Thanks sidneybruhl! awesome. I'm not quite sure how it would work with the staging and all, but it helps a lot.

So I can't remember how it works on Broadway, but when the OBC reprised their roles in LA, the actors followed the last audience speller back to their seat. It was funny because in my performance, the audience member got lost and ended up walking out of the auditorium. Jesse Tyler Ferguson paused for a bit, who was following closest behind him, and then walked right on out of the auditorium with them. The actors collapsed into laughter as soon as they left though.

re: Spelling Bee tour question: audience participation
 Jan 2 2008, 02:42:56 PM
Thanks for the info! So it seems like it doesn't matter where you sit, in order to be an audience speller?

bwaygirl2, do the actors follow the last audience speller back to their seat?

How full did the house look when the spelling bee was on tour? It's odd, because it's playing in a really big theater near me, and it's hard to imagine it in a big theater. I'm used to seeing it in more intimate settings.

Spelling Bee tour question: audience participation
 Jan 2 2008, 02:33:29 PM
I had a quick question for those of you who have seen the Spelling Bee musical on tour - do they only take audience participants from the orchestra section? I'm considering buying tickets in the balcony, but also wanted to try to be a speller.

I know that the actors follow the last speller back to their seat, and it might be tough to do when the last speller's seat is in the second balcony.

Also, if someone could comment on how well the seats are selling out for the national to

re: It's official...Gallagher leaving SA
 Dec 7 2007, 09:26:55 PM
any chance he'll be on tour??
Altar Boyz/Wicked/Jersey Boys benefit in Chicago!
 Nov 17 2007, 06:29:54 PM
thanks for checking, lizzie.
re: the touring production of the Sweeney Todd revival
 Nov 5 2007, 12:19:02 AM
i absolutely loved the touring cast when I saw them in SF.

it's bugging the heck out of me though, during a q&a he had in SF, john doyle said he made "one big change" just that day during rehearsal, and since I hadn't seen the broadway show, I didn't know what he was talking about. any ideas, to the people who know both the touring and the broadway show well?

re: Is there a rush/SRO policy for either Cyrano or Pygmalion?
 Nov 2 2007, 01:12:41 PM
Has rush been easy to obtain for Pygamalion? Is it pretty reliable, even on weekends? Thanks -
Tempe Review
 Oct 23 2007, 02:35:57 PM
It looks like they're following the example set by the Broadway cast recently! Awesome - just curious, would these proceeds count towards the Easter Bonnet competition, or is it too early for that?
Tempe Review
 Oct 23 2007, 10:59:49 AM
Probably because we'll end up with more than four tours. Maybe then they can call it the "Barry Belson" tour or the "Mika" tour.
Is Melissa Strom Back?
 Oct 22 2007, 09:48:05 PM
Melissa's not back in the show yet -
re: Reminder: Raul Esparza on Pushing Daisies Now
 Oct 17 2007, 11:31:54 PM
I might have jumped on the bandwagon really late, but is that Jim Dale who's narrating? He has such a distinctive voice, I recognized it immediately but who knows it could be another British actors. :) I love the quirky quality he brings to the show.
Vegas Crew
 Oct 17 2007, 11:13:22 PM
I heard a different name for Bob Crewe in Vegas, not Jonathan Hadley.

re: Jersey Boys London: principals announced
 Oct 17 2007, 01:40:44 PM
whoops, you beat me to it! :) i just posted it on the JB tour thread.

woohoo, now only if we got the vegas cast...

London leads announced!
 Oct 17 2007, 01:37:32 PM
As posted in another thread, leads for the London cast has been announced!

Tonight
 Aug 20 2007, 11:35:49 AM
Melissa Strom is on extended leave until October 14.
Sunday night
 Aug 14 2007, 05:36:11 PM
thanks for the detailed review, paikea! any comments on Erik in Brandon's track?

Does anyone know when Lauren Tartaglia will fill in? I wonder if she's related to John Tartaglia...

Tuesday night
 Aug 9 2007, 07:40:52 PM
hm, when I went to the Ahmanson, one of the mics weren't working in the second act, and so from the front row, you could hear the phone ringing offstage when francine calls home, but it wasn't miked so no one else could. that was the first time i'd heard the entire argument between frankie valli and mary delgado. chris jones just ended up picking up the phone even though it didn't ring. Also, when the phone rings for the cab to pick up Lorraine when they're breaking up, the phone didn't ring, so
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You