News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Whistler

Member Name: Whistler
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Moving Down
 Aug 5 2011, 01:07:14 AM
I've never had any trouble moving down, and I've been doing it for 40 years. I usually do it just as the play is starting, as the houselights start down. I make sure I'm sitting on an outside aisle, even if that's not where my purhased ticket was. I move as far forward as I can without causing an intrusion, and then I move in towards center if I can. You can usually tell where the unsold seats are. Often I move closer to center or down to the orchestra at intermission, often staying on the
re: The Original Footage of 1930s Broadway Shows
 Mar 4 2011, 12:34:09 AM
Miles Kreuger's collection has been in the same place for a good, long time. That helps protect it. Because it's temperate LA, even without air conditioning, his house is almost climate controlled. He just has to worry about the occasional rain and the leaky roof. And meaning him no harm, he's not young. The collection will be somewhere else, far sooner than later.
re: The Original Footage of 1930s Broadway Shows
 Mar 3 2011, 11:06:45 PM
Miles Kreuger isn't willingly selfish, and he isn't purposely mean, but, as some other who've met him have gently pointed out, he is eccentric. But a lot of people know about his collection and have known about it for a long time, and it will eventually find a more accessible, more secure home. Meanwhile, let Miles enjoy it, as it gives him great pleasure.
M'el Dowd- where is she now?
 Feb 6 2011, 03:01:24 PM
Yeah, the "Follow Me" reference to "A Little Night Music" made no sense, but I just left the Wikipedia entry alone, figuring maybe someone else could sort ot out.

Also, it appears it was just her birthday, February 2nd.

And here are two more sets of Internet credits, overlapping, and not seemingly recent. And, yes, both still have her as the understudy in "Sweet Bird of Youth" at 20. But she's also listed as stage manager for the credit slightly earlier at the bottom, so mayb

M'el Dowd- where is she now?
 Feb 5 2011, 11:50:38 PM
From Wikipedia, so only semi-dependable:

Dowd was born in Chicago, Illinois, the daughter of John J. Dowd and Catherine O'Conner Dowd. She married Henri G. Eudes in 1962 and has one son. Making her professional debut Off-Broadway in the 1950s, Dowd soon appeared in a number of Broadway shows throughout the 1960s and into the 1970s, most notably originating the role of Morgan Le Fay in the long-running musical Camelot. She also appeared in several films, TV movies and guest spots on TV

I hate going to the theater
 Jan 21 2011, 12:32:10 AM
To try to add just a little additional perspective: there are people who work successfully, professionally, in the theater all their lives and yet don't fit the traditional models of people who love theater. Reportedly, Ellen Stewart was one of these. She didn't like to read scripts; in fact, she supposedly didn't read many. She didn't even like to watch any of the probably thousands of plays she produced over her 50-year career at LaMama. She trusted the people she met in the business and
All That Chat board down
 Jan 14 2011, 09:42:37 PM
I've followed both boards for several years, and I've posted on ATC but not here. I didn't want to seem redundant. But, to me, it seems there's good information to be gained from both boards and from many different people's perspectives. And, as soon as the posts on either board start straying from my particular interests or start getting rude, I move on. In any case, to all of you, many of your thoughts have been appreciated over the last few years, and I'm sorry I never took the time to th
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You