News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BIG BALONEY

BIG BALONEY Profile Photo
Member Name: BIG BALONEY
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

London/West End in July  Apr 25 2024, 01:13:37 PM

Glad you picked Standing On The Sky's Edge. Of the twenty shows I saw in March this one was in the top five. Liked the play The Hills of California at the Pinter Theatre. The rush with todaystix.com gave me a stalls seat at a good price.

Stereophonic adds April 2nd 40$ fan preview night  Mar 30 2024, 03:02:49 PM

I will be there also and located in the orchestra  H6. I'd like to say hello and discuss my and your multi trips to London. I just got back last week.

Itmar Moses' THE ALLY at the Public  Feb 15 2024, 09:27:19 PM

I lasted to the intermission and felt like I was in a long debate on one of those cable stations. It's not for everyone and I decided to pack it in.

DOUBT 2024 Previews  Feb 14 2024, 11:05:54 PM

Friend picked up a $40. Rush ticket at 6 p.m. tonight. Second row mezzanine.

Sunset Baby at Signature  Feb 14 2024, 11:02:05 PM

Two friends went this afternoon and both agreed the three character play was well done. I must add both said the N...er word was used to often and they thought it at one point was enough already. Spoke to them separately so feel I should mention it. 

THE HEART OF ROCK &ROLL  Feb 14 2024, 02:36:39 PM

Today at the James Earl Jones  box office only tickets are being sold for $19.85. The deal is for previews only and all seats are located in the second balcony. The announcement said tickets were $19.85 but location of tickets was not mentioned. Those in line were somewhat disappointed by the location but grateful for any special discount being offered today only. Huey Lewis was at the box office opening.

Ragtime  Jan 16 2024, 12:31:14 PM

I was also at Carnegie Hall Sunday night and the tribute to Stephen Flaherty was well done. Ragtime has been done twice on Broadway and doubt there will be a revival for many years to come. 

Glynnis Johns has died at 100  Jan 5 2024, 10:37:12 AM

In 1989 I saw Glynis on Broadway with Rex Harrison , Stewart Granger  and among the cast Roma Downey the play was The Circle. It played The Ambassador Thea.  for about six months. 

Two Strangers  Jan 3 2024, 07:05:19 PM

Kiln Theatre is a small off West End venue in north London. Noticed it is a two character musical. Yes, sold out & closing 20 January. 

London in February  Jan 1 2024, 06:35:59 PM

Frozen was much better at The Drury Lane and sat in the stalls at a good price from the box office. Guys & Doll's  standing is fine if your under 30. When I sat in the second row I witnessed a good number of standees leaning their backs against some walls after awhile and some were prevented from sneaking into a few unoccupied seats. Have to admit todaystix.com got me into a number of shows with their online lottery..13 days 17 shows check out theatremonkey.com for insights to sa

London Trip This Week  Dec 27 2023, 11:21:21 AM

Any recommendations on renting an apartment for one month on London. Would appreciate any info.

British transfers?  Nov 26 2023, 11:13:52 AM

Although I saw and liked Dear England  I have doubts if it will be a success here. Very British but a run at Park Ave. Armery could be the best venue. Old Friends & Guys & Doll's will settle in but the others are not very likely in my opinion.  Sunset Boulevard only if Nicole Scherzinger is attached. Crazy For You was entertaining  and Charlie Stemp is dynamic but the show is dated in many ways and commands a big cast. Mincemeat seems more attuned to the British hum

Josh Groban has covid  Aug 19 2023, 11:18:15 AM

Will miss some shows. It was posted yesterday August  18th.

London Recommendations  Aug 17 2023, 04:20:56 PM

Get theatre info and discount info on theatremonkey.com 

Cabaret at The Playhouse was the best show I saw when in London last. Day before show went to box office and some good locations were then available. Tickets are returned or canceled so check that out.

I'll pass this time around  Aug 16 2023, 05:56:09 PM

Will be in London in October and decided to skip this one. A scaled down show at The Savoy theatre doesn't appeal to me. Still can't get over the cheap production of Funny Girl with Sheridan Smith at the Savoy a few years ago. 

Sondheim's Final Musical HERE WE ARE will premiere at The Shed this fall (No, really!)  Jul 19 2023, 03:55:12 PM

Got tickets for 25 November at 1:00. Side seats $129.  Plenty seats at all prices available but $129. was my limit. A few minutes to get through on internet.

West End Newbie  Jul 2 2023, 12:45:03 PM

Go to theatremonkey.com and there are answers to most of your questions. The site talks about individual shows and discounts available. Todaystix.com in London will give you lottery and rush ticket offers too.

Lookingglass Theatre in Chicago will pause programming for a year and lay off more than half its staff  Jul 1 2023, 04:45:25 PM

Put on play people want to see. I myself have passed up on a number of new shows because I just didn't care about the story. Also, being of a certain age I'm tired of some revivals and pass up on them too. I don't care who is starring in these old war horses. While on fire let me add I'm sick of Shakespeare in modern dress. Cheap...Cheap... we don't have a costume expensive ...I went numb watching Othello at The National in London when it started with men in modern militar

Camelot  Jun 28 2023, 07:08:26 PM

Aaron Sorkin go back to Hollywood and stop rewriting classic shows that leave audiences at home. I felt nothing for Lancelot or Guenevere in this woke version.

Unpleasant theater audiences  Jun 2 2023, 04:48:42 PM

Tuesday night at Camelot as soon as the orchestra started playing the overture the man sitting behind me opened a bag of potato chips and for about 15 minutes was smacking his lips and rustling the plastic bag. At the interval I and a friend moved to the last row in the orchestra that was empty.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You