News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for LiveLoud22

LiveLoud22 Profile Photo
Member Name: LiveLoud22
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Do the Bullets producers not want money? (Rush Story)
 Jul 8 2014, 02:15:53 PM
Should revise my statement, Fisherman. Wasn't suggesting a desperate "take everything you can get" type approach - that's the kind of policy that Holler should adopt. Just saying that the producers might want to consider making some sort of adjustment (if they deem it appropriate), so that they aren't sending potential rushers away to spend their money rushing other shows. No, it won't single-handedly secure the show's longevity. But hey, money is money, and if I were a producer I'd want it
 Jul 8 2014, 01:41:26 PM
That's true, I apologize. It's definitely possible that people had purchased those seats and simply moved back. Fisherman, the only thing I meant by "unofficial channel" was that I used a discount site.

I know that if a show made some sort of *official* policy of designating remaining seats as rush an hour before the show, that might have ramifications in terms of deterring full price purchases. But if they could quietly just increase the number of rush seats the closer t

Jul 8 2014, 12:39:31 PM
Chill out, Fisherman. I know I'm not the aggrieved party here. Heck, if anything, I ended up winning with the discount ticket I snagged. My concern is that Bullets is shooting itself in the foot. I rather enjoy the show (especially Nick Cordero's performance, which is the primary reason I've come back twice) and I want it to run as long as it can. Inane financial/ticketing decisions don't help the show at all, and I thought posting about it here might garner the topic some visibility.

Jul 8 2014, 12:17:39 PM
Neonlights, I agree. But the huge issue here (aside from the "should they sell of remaining seats at rush prices?" discussion) is that THE ALLOCATED RUSH SEATS HADN'T ACTUALLY BEEN SOLD OUT.
 Jul 8 2014, 11:54:10 AM
I decided to see Bullets again last week. I'm not sure if this ineptitude was at the order of the producers, or a decision by the box office staff, but as an individual interested in the financial side of theater, I thought it would be interesting to share.

I went to the box office about 3 hours or so before the show, and asked if they had any rush tickets left - the gentleman at the box office window said no. I'm sure that the plethora of people who came in af

Broadway for taller people
 May 21 2014, 11:19:41 PM
I'm 6'1, and I've addressed this problem by ONLY sitting on the aisle. Getting an aisle seat is a complete game changer, and so much more spacious (letting legs cross over into aisle, and so much less claustrophobic too.) Two different strategies I use, depending on if I'm getting a rush seat or a full price ticket. If you're getting a full price ticket, your life is easy.

The revamped Telecharge and Ticketmaster let you pick out any open seat at a given performance from

Norm Lewis and Sierra Boggess in PHANTOM tonight!
 May 12 2014, 11:18:41 PM
Stage door is a madhouse! Paul Wontorek instagrammed this:

May 12 2014, 11:15:03 PM

May 12 2014, 11:13:00 PM

May 12 2014, 11:09:21 PM

May 12 2014, 11:08:40 PM
Heather Hill tweeted this!

May 12 2014, 11:07:47 PM
Here are some pics that others have posted!

Bullets removing the
 Apr 17 2014, 12:29:46 PM
I agree, Roxy. The middle/high schoolers they're bringing to the show have not only heard, but use every profane word you can think of. I think it's just a matter of educators needing to protect themselves from administrative trouble & parents.

Bullets removing the "F word" at certain performances
 Apr 17 2014, 12:02:08 PM
Helene York posted a picture of an announcement from the Bullets Over Broadway producers. Apparently they're removing the word "fvck" from all Wednesday matinees, in order to get student groups to come. On one hand, I get it - educators can't bring students to shows with a lot of profanity, without getting in trouble. On the other hand, I feel a bit bad for those actors! While I'm sure they'll be fine (after all, they're pros), if I were an actor I'd be afraid of muscle memory taking over (f
Casa Valentina Previews
 Apr 1 2014, 12:28:37 PM
I will also be there tonight! Really excited. Will also report back.
Nice Work If You Can Get It Tour
 Mar 14 2014, 03:47:58 PM
Double Post

Nice Work If You Can Get It Tour
 Mar 14 2014, 03:47:56 PM
$450 a week is a joke. Those performers could make double that waiting tables or working a cash register at Costco. It really is quite exploitative of the producers. They're charging equity-only ticket prices, raking in all that cash from audiences, but paying their performers far, far less. They might as well pay them in pesos. If I were a producer, I'd do the right thing and pay my performers a livable wage.

If the producers were charging less than they did with e

The Official Adele Dazeem Appreciation Thread
 Mar 3 2014, 02:54:47 AM
All jokes aside, a lot of people don't realize that Travolta is actually dyslexic. You can tell throught his entire introduction of her that he's taking it quite slow and cautiously. After dyslexic people are exposed to written words repeatedly in/out of treatment, I believe that, neurologically, most words become easy to "unscramble." That explains Travolta's relative ease with most of the text on the prompter.

When you think about it, "Idina Menzel" is a fairly exotic combinat

Les Miserables
 Mar 1 2014, 11:55:32 PM
Wow, been checking Twitter and so far word is that the show is awesome. Pleasantly surprised to hear good feedback - I had been worried about this revival, but I'm psyched to check it out now.

@WmShaw: I've never heard such thunderous applause by a theatre audience. Congrats on a great show, LesMisBroadway. #LesMisBwy

@karabmcg: Les Mis was truly amazing. An epic story with a talented cast and wonderful staging. Go see this production if you can.

@audsheaney: Oh

Les Miserables
 Mar 1 2014, 08:34:37 PM

Box Office (sold out - wow! To the cast and crew, break every leg)
http://instagram.com/p/lBXigVkzaL/

Expanded Curtain/Proscenium Pic
http://instagram.com/p/lBTyZ8wm5u/

*Revised with correct links

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You