News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for fossemoves

fossemoves Profile Photo
Member Name: fossemoves
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Off Broadway - Gay - Priest - Altar Boy
 Oct 11 2013, 05:08:57 PM
I'm trying to find the name of a play - premiered off broadway - or maybe during the fringe festival...

it was a small 3 or 4 character play about a young hustler who visits a priest and attempts to seduce him. it is insinuated that the hustler had been an altar boy under the priest years earlier... the boy's mother I believe appears in the story as well - and we're forced to wonder if its a scam in an attempt to black mail the priest - a lot of twists and turns... it received mixed to

KISS OF THE SPIDER WOMAN
 Oct 29 2010, 06:31:08 PM
BUMP
KISS OF THE SPIDER WOMAN
 Oct 26 2010, 06:24:08 PM
Great photos... where was that?

Our theatre is a renovated 1920's movie house that seats 200 people, so realtively a small house. We're trying to create an enviormental feeling to push intimacy including blocking in the audience, etc.

I aggree with everyone else about Morphine Tango. The only way I know of to compat that writing is to play it for sinister which is what the choreographer and I are gonna try to do.

I love this score...I just hope we find the triple th

KISS OF THE SPIDER WOMAN
 Oct 23 2010, 03:48:56 PM
What do you love about it?
KISS OF THE SPIDER WOMAN
 Oct 23 2010, 03:34:09 PM
Having seen it as much as you have... what do you think could stand cutting in Act One?
KISS OF THE SPIDER WOMAN
 Oct 23 2010, 03:18:10 PM
So I'm about to start working on a regional production of Kiss of the Spider Woman. Listening to both the Broadway and Orginal Cast scores and reading (what little) there is on the show, I can't fathom why this show hasn't seen a revival? Or attained more notoriety in the regional setting.

What do you think works for spider woman?

What doesn't work?

Jesus on the Street
 Oct 18 2009, 07:42:49 PM
I've been searching on the net and looking in past posts on here but can't seem to find anything. For the revival of JCS they had those ads of jesus in the crowds of Times Square and other metro areas... I can't seem to find any pictures online now... can anyone direct me?
re: RIALTO CHATTER: 'SPIDER-MAN' Producers Refute Riedel To MTV, Re-Confirm
 Aug 17 2009, 09:40:59 PM
LOL @ Bettyboy...

As to the rest... okay, I get what everyone is saying, it's just hard for me to reconcile it.

If anything it's not meaningless imagery, its self indulgent! There is TOO much thought and reason behind each image. Look at the Transposed Heads and those brothers holding onto eachother and forming the inverted triangle... the sheer idea is over indulgent. One can not exisist without the other!

Aug 17 2009, 07:42:03 PM
Clearly Taymor is not for all people.

1 for 3 on Broadway - sure. I buy that. But when only 1 in 5 shows are recouping their investment, she still is under par. Juan Darien was never meant to be a blockbuster... it didn't have mainstream appeal... it's transfer was more about allowing a more mainstream artist to see the work.

But then lets not forget her non Broadway artistic Success including productions of Grendel, The Magic Flute, Tempest, Titus, and Oedipus Rex

Aug 17 2009, 12:41:50 AM
I don't get this veheamence for Julie Taymor?! What's everyone's deal with this woman?! She is one of the theatr'e innovators and has worked hard to carve out her own unique theatrical cvocabular. It's not like she through glitter onstage and said 'enjoy' - which having sat through Wicked more then once I feel is like what they did.

There is artistry and then maindstream theatre. Julie Taymor is part of that thin slice of director who has been able to combine her work into both.

Evita Licensing
 Jun 8 2009, 09:09:55 PM
Okay, so I'm getting conflicting reports from the people I'm talking to so I thought I'd go to the Board and see if any has any knowledge.

EVITA... the current Licensing company is R&H. The site makes no mention of the inclusion of "You Must Love Me" in the score. However, I'm told it's been added to the liceneable production.

Anyone produce it recently know anything about it or other changes?

Lion King Birds
 Oct 2 2008, 01:16:01 AM
Any clue what the poles are made of that the bird kites are flown on during One By One?
re: The Best Little Whorehouse In Texas - Evolution
 Oct 1 2008, 02:07:18 AM
Sally, let me know when you get through the book... we can chat. It was the best 'tell all' I've read in some time.
 Sep 6 2008, 07:27:43 AM
The more I think about it, the more I'm leaning toward the casting notice referencing Reba...

...in other news, I finally recieved my copy of The Whorehouse Papers - FREAKING HYSTERICAL. Highly recommend it!

re: Spider-Man: the musical?
 Sep 2 2008, 05:01:31 AM
Sometimes we need to just step back and say - "Can all this talent really be bad?"

SPIDERMAN - A comic book based in a mythic ideal. The base stories that reach audiences at a intimate level are legends and myths... Spiderman is a mythic hero in a new generation

Julie Taymor - Director - A known innovator and dramatic stage storyteller who while may be criticized for 'content' should never be criticized for being a showman and that's what Broadway needs more of TRUE showmanship not cheap tricks and pyro that we get from thinks like POTO and WICKED. What JT gives us is actual stage magic.

Bono & The Edge - In a career spanning more then 30 years, the writing team has brought us NEW music in every generation bridging the age gap and creating music that is powerful - often energizing - and always quality. How many Grammy's do they have?

Glen Berger — playwright of Underneath The Lintel - doing the book. I haven't seen many good one man shows but Underneath the Lintel is one of the most compelling one man shows EVER. It lacks the "ONE MAN SHOW CONCIET" while never failing to surprise you. The man knows how to write... but more importantly he's an excellent storyteller.

There was an article in which JT said that she hoped Jim Sturgess would take the role of Peter Parker / Spiderman because she felt he was perfect. Lets think about this - a slightly nerdy guy, who has an unsual sex appeal with an ability to bring a broad range of emotion to a character who is experiencing a big journey while not coming off campy. UM - did anyone see ATU? You may have hated the movie, but you can't deny the boy knows how to act and more importantly tell a story in song!

http://www.superheroflix.com/news/73/24573.php

So I'm not ready to bash this musical concept... I think it's gonna shock alot of us and more then one person bashing it now will end up writing more then one post about how great it is.

THIS MUCH TALENT CAN NOT BE WRONG.

Aug 27 2008, 05:44:40 PM
Okay, okay, okay, I get it. I didn't say it was, I said it was in some ways...
 Aug 27 2008, 01:25:33 AM
Michael Bennett you hit the nail on the head... what is with the sequins and boas always for whorehouse? These were 'ladies' after all. There were rules and a sense of morals. I hate it when Whorehouse ends up looking trashy. It should look sexy and even hint at fetishistic, but down right trashy? I don't think so. In some ways this was a feminist musical.
 Aug 26 2008, 01:36:45 PM
As usual, you guys are a wealth of trivia and useful info. Keep it coming. I had already ordered The Whorehouse papers from a resale shop so it's good to know that the book will not be a bust either.

Someone said this show needs a revival... I couldn't agree more. Someone fierce in the Mona role. Bernadette? eh... Idina? Too young? Reba would be great but she has said that she doesn't want to do another revival - right? Lilias White? It might be really interesting to have an African Am

The Best Little Whorehouse In Texas - Evolution
 Aug 25 2008, 11:15:16 PM
So I'm researching Whorehouse for a possible directing gig I will have next spring and am having issues finding info on the evolution of the endings. I know in the original there was a 'finale' that was a reprise of 20 fans and had a sort of 'cabaret'ish kinda ending with the fiddle... however from the licenseable script, it ends with Bus Ride to Amarillo... then Carol Hall was asked to write a new song "You've Been A Friend" for the Ann Margaret tour...

So I guess what I'm getting at i

re: Show You Would Most Like To See Revived
 Aug 14 2008, 03:20:24 PM
The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas with Reba McEntire

Porgy & Bess with Brian Stokes Mitchel and Audra McDonald

Stop the World! I want to get off! with John Barrowman

Bye Bye Birdie with David Hyde Pierce and Sara Ramierez and Cheyenne Jackson as Birdie!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You