Evita Licensing

fossemoves
#1Evita Licensing
Posted: 6/8/09 at 9:09pm

Okay, so I'm getting conflicting reports from the people I'm talking to so I thought I'd go to the Board and see if any has any knowledge.

EVITA... the current Licensing company is R&H. The site makes no mention of the inclusion of "You Must Love Me" in the score. However, I'm told it's been added to the liceneable production.

Anyone produce it recently know anything about it or other changes?

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#2re: Evita Licensing
Posted: 6/8/09 at 9:17pm

I believe even Andrew Lloyd Webber had some trouble getting permission from Warner Brothers to use his own song in the London revival so I can't imagine that they allowed for the song to be available in the licensed script. It probably wouldn't happen unless they decided to offer the alternate orchestrations. However, that hasn't stopped regional theatres from inserting the song using the movie sheet music and altering the key.

singerunlimited
#2re: Evita Licensing
Posted: 6/8/09 at 9:38pm

I'm currently doing this show in the DFW area, and I can tell you that sadly, "You Must Love Me" is not an option when it comes to licensing the show. It's too bad, because that song is gut-wrenchingly beautiful, but as of now, it's not available. Hope I could be of some help!

Videos