News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BowerytoBroadway

Member Name: BowerytoBroadway
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Interesting Times Review Reaction
 Jun 28 2015, 02:17:55 PM

...that's not so much me saying it, as the commenters saying it. I was quoting them, not sharing my own opinion that the critic got it wrong. I have no idea if the critic got it wrong or not, I just thought this would be a good place to discuss a seemingly controversial review. I make no assumptions...although to be equitable, it seems like a lot of the comments are correct that she spends more time talking about theater in the round than this particular play.

I also didn't say that I didn't think the company had/had not asked people to respond. But in my experience, when you ask people to do something, they don't tend to do it unless they have a degree of passion or feelings about what they have been asked to do. Maybe the company did ask, maybe they didn't. Might be worth checking out their Twitter and Facebook pages. But it's still interesting to me. If it's not interesting to you, that's cool too. OK, over and out, this is tedious

Jun 28 2015, 01:52:55 PM

Can you highlight where I said a wrong had been dealt? I said "maybe they should" re-review because their readership seems to vehemently disagree. As long as we're guessing, I'm guessing that EVERY cast, crew, and creative team of EVERY show has a lot of friends, but their reviews still don't get this many comments.

I just think it's interesting when this many people not only disagree with a critic, but take the time to write a well thought out response, that's all. You really

Jun 28 2015, 01:29:01 PM

...has anybody noticed the New York Times review of At The Table has over 50 comments saying that the reviewer got it totally wrong, missed the point? Just curious if they ever re-review shows. I bet they do not, but maybe they should in this case. Sounds like it's a good show that just got a weird review. Also I wonder if that is a record for New York Times comments?

Best Off or Off Off Broadway Shows
 Feb 4 2011, 10:58:40 PM
Maybe this is "off-topic"? What are the best Off and Off Off shows right now? You know, for those of us in the city who don't have the cash for Broadway?
Most Irritating Scenes/Songs in Musical Theatre
 Jan 24 2011, 11:37:29 AM
Yes! Could Not Agree More!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You