News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Bobmortton

Member Name: Bobmortton
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Audra McDonald-led GYPSY for 2024-2025 Season?
 Jan 4 2024, 10:33:10 PM

I know the Rudin production was rumored for a few years… Does this hint at a Rudin return? Does he still hold the rights? 

Streetcar Named Desire - NYTW
 Aug 18 2021, 10:07:35 PM
I know this has been spoken about a bit on this forum, but Im curious if anyone saw the production of A Streetcar Named Desire directed by Ivo Van Hove? Ive read reviews and understand the basic stagingbut can anyone go into specifics? How did the pivotal Blanche/Stanley scene happen? How did the famous Stella/Stanley scene get staged? Anything else memorable? What was the set like? Any characters cut? Simply all out of curiosity. Apologies if this has been talked about on another thread. Thanks
Vanity Fair on Broadway's Reopening -
 May 23 2020, 02:05:34 PM

Call me crazy but, I hope the mega-hits die. I liked what they predicted--more turn over and more plays. I rather see an Ivo Van Hove or a Rachel Chavkin production that is emotionally impactful and minimal compared to a bloated mess that is called "art" (Six, Frozen, etc.). I feel that the way we approach theatre post-pandemic, mainly due to finances and the desire of a low running cost, will be much more streamlined and simple. But, I think being confined financially oft

Ryan Murphy filming THE BOYS IN THE BAND for Netflix
 Jan 27 2020, 01:27:21 PM

Any updates? I know it has a 2020 release date but do we have a real date? 

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/15/19
 Dec 16 2019, 03:14:02 PM

Happy for WSS. That boycott on West Side must really be effective... *eye-roll*. 

WEST SIDE STORY (2019 Revival) Preview Thread
 Dec 10 2019, 01:21:42 AM

@Modernmillie3

I would kindly disagree. Ivo has helped produce incredible performances in collaboration with Elizabeth Marvel in Little Foxes, Ruth Wilson in Hedda Gabler, Gillian Anderson and Lily James in All About Eve, and many more. While I do agree I feel Pretty should be reinstated, I don't think he is simply not trusting female-identifying people onstage, but rather possibly finding the aspect of the story that

Dec 9 2019, 08:03:16 PM

Preshow shots under the Instagram geolocation of "Broadway Theatre"...

Dec 9 2019, 04:34:30 PM

Doubtful, But is anyone going to Final Dress tonight?

Broadway Real Estate for the 2019-2020 season
 Sep 16 2019, 01:41:27 PM

With Who's Afraid announcing the Booth, rather than the expected Golden, what does this mean for the spring in the Golden? Will slave play extend? Are we still waiting on something to come in? Am I just overlooking something? 

Down to One
 Aug 8 2019, 03:07:53 AM

I was there on press night. This might be my favorite thing in a minute. It's so horrible and complete trash in every way. BUT! I have not laughed this hard in a very long time. The sad part? I was laughing at the stupidity of it and the bold choices being made rather than what was intended to actually be funny--if anything? I was curious if they understood this is complete camp and just bad and simply embraced that or if it actually was being taken seriously? At the end of act 1, I was l

Times Square Partial Power Outage
 Jul 14 2019, 12:19:37 AM

Hey all! I did Hadestown rush today and got a standing room ticket for the night show of 8/13. Then the power outage happened. I feel like I definitely will get a refund but I'm wondering if I can exchange for another performance...my gut tells me they will not let me due to the nature of rush but I don't see how that might be fair...but then again life isn't..

I know this is a hard question but if anyone could give some insight on if this has happened in the past.

BREAKING: Ivo van Hove Will Direct Broadway Revival of WEST SIDE STORY
 Mar 19 2019, 03:12:23 PM

With Rudin anouncing Music Man a year a half out, do we think this project is dead? I know it opens in December, but usually Rudin anounces his proejcts pretty far out. I have not heard anything just purely curious. 

Hillary and Clinton previews
 Mar 18 2019, 11:03:21 PM

Whizzer- You mentioned that there is no intermission but there is basically an Act 1 and 2- is this like Three Tall women in regards to the set? I know the space is just basically a white box. I've also noticed spike tape downstage of the box...what is that used for? So many question...sorry!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You