News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BobbysApartment

Member Name: BobbysApartment
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

RAGTIME Reunion Concert Happening This April
 Dec 18 2019, 09:35:25 PM
Getting to see the original cast on Broadway is still in my top musical viewing experiences, possibly even the top. Ms. Mazzie will be sincerely missed. I was meh on "Back to Before" from the recordings until I saw her perform it on an empty stage in that giant house, and damn, if she didn't sell me. There may have been some goosebumps and watery eyes. Even without her, if I could manage to get a ticket I'd make the trip.
Mrs. Doubtfire - Seattle Pre-Broadway Thoughts
 Dec 11 2019, 03:01:57 AM

mnotavery said: "And I totally agreewith you about Marie. I didn't bother with Austen's Pride."

Be glad you didn't. And I agree on how the book for Doubtfire could be fixed, but it seems most shows don't really want to make those kinds of adjustments after an out of town tryout anymore.

mnotavery said: "It isn't a show about a guy dressing in drag and making jokes. They've clearly tried to handle the LGBTQ etc. issues with sens

Dec 10 2019, 03:05:10 AM

Schedule delayed me being able to share my thoughts as I'd like on the show outside of production details. I will say I agree with a lot that has been said here, but I guess I fell into the nostalgia bin as I really enjoyed it.

I watched the full movie for the first time the night after the first preview, and it helped me get a better understanding of what did and didn't work for me and possibly why.

First off, the money here is in the licensing. I'd say it&#

Nov 27 2019, 05:24:09 PM

Tag said: "A few questions:
Does Mrs. Doubtfire look like the film version of the character?

I was pretty far up in the balcony, but I would say yes

Is there a full face mask for Mrs. Doubtfire?

No - wig, glasses, padded bodysuit, teeth (maybe?). They do a lot of onstage changes (lots of Rob McClure in his boxer briefs), so just not possible

Is McClure using a similar Robin Williams-ish accent for Mrs. Doubtfire?

Nov 27 2019, 04:09:48 PM

Standard red velvet show curtain.

The main family house set was a unit that rolled in from upstage to include foyer, stairs, living room and kitchen. Proscenium arch flew in to frame it. Made me think of a three camera sitcom set.

Most of the other sets were a combination of a back piece flying in and wagons that came in from the wings. Daniel's apartment (the other main location) had an accordion door that went to the bedroom/bathroom area with the front wall cut ou

Nov 27 2019, 03:54:42 AM
As mentioned, no scene or song list in the program. This is my best guess at song titles:
Act 1
Opening/Pizza Rolls (new lyrics to Largo Al Factotum from The Barber of Seville) - Daniel, ensemble
That's Daniel (including "cool" dad rap) - All (fairly lengthy, what I would consider the real opening number)
I'm Done - Miranda
I Want to Be There - Daniel
Nanny Interview Montage - Daniel, Ensemble
Make Me a Woman - Daniel, Frank, Andre, Ensemble (Donna Summer disco, inclu

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You