News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Patti4President

Member Name: Patti4President
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
 Jul 27 2011, 10:55:18 PM
I love Kate's voice, but she's not a strong actor AT ALL. Not that she would be the first Elphie who can't act but still....
Book of Mormon Rear Mezz
 Jun 9 2011, 10:41:32 AM
If you're willing to wait outside the theatre from about 2 pm on you will get SRO tickets. Somedays the line starts as late as 3:30 or 4. But if you don't live here, and it's your only shot, I would get there by 2.
american idiot royalties
 Jun 9 2011, 10:33:30 AM
It's highly unlikely while the 1st National tour is out.
When will OACD announce full casting?
 Jun 9 2011, 10:31:50 AM
There were callbacks as late as last week for a couple of roles.
[Now Here This] Reviews?
 Jun 6 2011, 11:31:05 AM
I believe they are calling it a theatri-concert because it doesn't follow a storyline. It's mostly vingette's that have a common theme of being present for your life. There is no fourth wall. All of the songs and scene are spoken and sung to the audience. In fact, in Heidi's final number she sings the final verse directly to one audience member.
[Now Here This] Reviews?
 Jun 4 2011, 10:30:53 PM
Loved it!
What is THE show to see OFF BROADWAY right now?
 Jun 2 2011, 10:40:19 AM
Intellectual Homosexual's Guide at The Public and King Lear at BAM were excellent.
General Rush for Jerusalem and The Normal Heart
 Jun 2 2011, 10:35:26 AM
I went to Jerusalem last night at 7 for the 36.50 rush tickets and there were none available. The B.O. employee told me there had been a line starting at 5 for the tickets that they started selling at 6. They were gone within 15 minutes.

I went back at 7:50 to see if they would sell any more (since the show was not sold out), but the B.O. employee said they are only allowed to sell a certain number, it isn't about filling the house.

Book of Mormon taking the Marquis?
 May 19 2011, 12:50:43 PM
It's pronounced Jew-Jam-Sin.
Ju, Jam and Cyn are abbreviations of people's names.

The Book of Mormon CD Signing Set for TOMORROW
 May 16 2011, 05:55:03 PM
"forcing hard core fans and theatre lovers to buy two."

No one is forcing you. You are given the opportunity to purchase the CD so it can be autographed. It's totally up to you whether you chose to do it or not.

Obligatory pre-NYC trip lotto/rush questions
 May 16 2011, 11:19:57 AM
Based on my experience (other's might have a different opinion)

Easy Rush/Lotto:
Spiderman (Rush)
Bengal Tiger (Lotto)
Normal Heart (Rush)
Arcadia (Rush)
House of Blue Leaves (Rush)
Anything Goes (Rush)
People in the Picture (Rush)
Importance of Being Earnest (Rush)
Catch Me If You Can (Rush)
Million Dollar Quartet (Lotto)

Moderate Rush/Lotto:
MF with the Hat (Rush)
Jerusalem (Rush)
Rock of Ages (Lotto)
Sister Act (Rush) <

Good People Rush
 May 16 2011, 11:13:35 AM
Last Saturday (5/7) I got there at 10:45 and the rush tickets were sold out. The B.O. guy told me they only had 4 tickets to sell for each performance that day. This Saturday (5/14) I got in line at 9:30 and was second in line. I got the last pair for the matinee. I'm not sure what they had available for the evening show. There were 4 other people behind me in line.

So, to be 100% safe, I would suggest getting there btw 9 and 9:30 am.

The tickets were in the front row of

rush/lottery question
 May 13 2011, 11:33:19 PM
As long as you're not holding a place for that person, I think it's always acceptable to share the responsibilities. As you switch, just explain to the people around you that you're getting the same number of tickets, you're just switching places. The only time people get angry is when people let their friends cut after they have been waiting.

The Mormon SRO line generally has nice people. Jerusalem rush tends to have a lot of people cutting which is frustrating since they always s

Rush Ticket Question
 May 11 2011, 06:27:18 PM
I tried to rush War Horse last week and the B.O. guy told me they haven't had rush tickets since previews. There is a cancellation line however. Full price. People line up approximately 4 hours before the show.
Rush Ticket Question
 May 11 2011, 06:27:05 PM
I tried to rush War Horse last week and the B.O. guy told me they haven't had rush tickets since previews. There is a cancellation line however. Full price. People line up approximately 4 hours before the show.
Next years shows
 May 6 2011, 10:35:06 PM
Annie revival
Little Miss Sunshine is still in the works
Other Desert Cities
And potentially White Noise

FIRST ALADDIN CAST MEMBER!
 May 6 2011, 10:28:48 PM
Most of the ensemble and a few of the leads are Seattle based actors.
Meghann Fahy joining the tour cast of Next to Normal
 May 6 2011, 10:27:35 PM
Meghann is just doing the two weeks in MN while Emma does a workshop in NY.
BEACHES The Musical In The Works
 Apr 28 2011, 02:39:18 PM
Oh my. Isn't it the soundtrack from Beaches what makes the movie remarkable? Without those songs (specifically since they are being replaced with songs by a lyricist who can write lyrics), I'm not sure this is a good idea...
Bengal Tiger or Normal Heart
 Apr 28 2011, 02:36:24 PM
Agreed. Bengal was excellent but Normal Heart is unparalleled. It will be one of those shows that you will always regret not seeing.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You