News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Maybeel

Member Name: Maybeel
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Funniest shows?
 May 19 2019, 08:49:30 PM
I laughed throughout The Play That Gows Wrong and would like to see more shows that are similarly hilarious. What do you recommend? (including old performances I can try to find on video).
Your First Broadway Show!!!
 May 11 2019, 09:58:13 PM
Damn, Jerry Lewis.
Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 5/5/19
 May 8 2019, 11:26:59 AM

Robbie2 said: "Maybeel said: "I am surprised to see the Be More Chill numbers. I was there Saturday night and only thought there were about 5 empty seats. Perhaps the weekday shows are much less popular. (Some of my group was in the balcony, and some were in orchestra, so I got a good overall sense of how the whole theater looked.)"

Maybeel -BMC? LOL..again seeing the show with a group? You're a shill! Don't take it personally unless you're a producer-investor but the show is not selling just look at the grosses > (down -21.7% ~ gross only 68% this week) and the availabletickets this and next week.
"

Please quit attacking me because I love Be More Chill.  I don't understand these personal attacks.  The only fans who get bullied in this message board are the Be More Chill fans.  I have paid to see the show 4 times (not a "shill" -- it was 100 % wonderful each time.  I have not loved a show this much since RENT. (Maybe I shouldn't have mentioned that--are people also belittled here for liking RENT?)

Musical songs with a glamorous vibe
 May 8 2019, 11:16:48 AM
Masquerade from Phantom

Welcome to the Holiday Inn from See Saw

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 5/5/19
 May 6 2019, 04:04:08 PM
I am surprised to see the Be More Chill numbers. I was there Saturday night and only thought there were about 5 empty seats. Perhaps the weekday shows are much less popular. (Some of my group was in the balcony, and some were in orchestra, so I got a good overall sense of how the whole theater looked.)
Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/28/19
 Apr 29 2019, 07:37:22 PM

I also just heard from the principal at my daughter's school, a competitive performing arts high school, that the 68 theater kids who saw BMC on a field trip and all their adult chaperones LOVED it. Too bad it didn't please your nieces and nephews. Some of us are having a ton of fun!

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/28/19
 Apr 29 2019, 06:19:58 PM
I'm 45 and looking forward seeing Be More Chill for the 4th time this weekend. A lot of people I graduated college with have discovered the show recently, and a couple of the moms in my son's Boy Scouts den knew all the songs when I mentioned it...BMC is definitely enjoyable for all ages.
Audience Member Pet Peeve
 Apr 27 2019, 03:08:46 PM

I read a book in the lobby during the 2nd act of Book of Mormon. Literally the 1st time in hundreds of nights of theater I had felt like doing that.

But, of course, I didn't pan the show to my husband (who enjoyed it till the end) until we were outside the theater.

BE MORE CHILL (Broadway) Reviews
 Apr 21 2019, 03:28:25 PM
The line is said by a girl in high school, and to be honest it reminded me of doing theater in high school. She says there are so few parts for girls. Every boy who auditioned got a part while girls' parts were doubled up. Book of Mormon bothered me for that reason-so many male actors onstage. The writers clearly didn't think about making equal opportunities for both genders.
Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/14/19
 Apr 15 2019, 03:39:10 PM
Wow, King Kong!
BE MORE CHILL (Broadway) Reviews
 Apr 14 2019, 09:49:56 PM
Zion24, did you see Be More Chill off-Broadway last summer or the new Broadway version? Because I've been amazed by Roland's vocal growth since last summer. He used to do a lot of loud nasal singing in "Loser, Geek, or Whatever," but these days it's softer and more emotional.

Here is a clip of the new version:
https://youtu.be/TkgWXujcJJ0

5 Shows
 Apr 14 2019, 04:03:48 PM

Fiddler and Oklahoma are both mind-expanding and great also.

5 Shows
 Apr 14 2019, 04:03:48 PM
Be More Chill is vibrant and amazing.
Short show rec for Wed 4/17 PM
 Apr 14 2019, 04:01:15 PM
The Play That Goes Wrong is a delight. I laughed the while time and then went again two nights later.
OKLAHOMA! Reviews
 Apr 13 2019, 10:28:55 PM
Has Rex Reed ever written a useful review? I can't remember one.
Advice on shows around July.
 Apr 13 2019, 10:23:43 PM
Be More Chill. Great performances, fun music, and being in the theater feels like you're at a party.
TOOTSIE the Musical: PREVIEWS START
 Apr 13 2019, 10:21:44 PM
What age group would be interested in seeing Tootsie? Is it just for the older set?
Musicals or Museums
 Apr 13 2019, 02:58:25 PM
Have you ever been to the Frick Collection in New York? That museum would probably interest a Pittsburgher especially.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You