News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Darren Pierce

Member Name: Darren Pierce
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Earwig transitions on Cast Recordings
 Nov 6 2020, 08:05:04 AM

Epic II->Chant

SOME LIKE IT HOT Musical to Have World Premiere in Chicago in 2021
 May 21 2020, 07:55:17 AM

SweetLips22 said: "I find nothing remotely funny about a man in a frock[Dustin Hoffman an exception]. Footballers throw on a wig and the masses go crazy, and that is where these shows are aimed. If it makes money and people are employed--all good, but count me out."

Have you seen the movie?  You might like it, there is more to the laughs than just guys in dresses.  It is  number 1 on AFI's top comedies list, interestingl

Will audiences be allowed to film the Six MEGASIX on broadway?
 Jan 11 2020, 04:35:55 AM

Enjolras5 said: "This is interesting. I filmed part of "Screech Out" at the end of "Come From Away" and no one stopped me. I have heard that people used to film the Moulin Rouge encore but they stopped allowing it I think. I guess it depends on the show..."

I saw Come From Away back in April 2019 and they were aggressively stopping people from filming that bit, was our seventh show that week and the only one that stopped anybody filming anything a

FUN HOME Film Adaptation
 Jan 4 2020, 09:44:45 PM

Is it confirmed anywhere that it is indeed a musical version being made?  Everything I've seen just says "film adaptation of the musical" which could mean a straight film.

Will row A be too close and un-enjoyable?
 Nov 8 2019, 09:03:46 AM

While I haven't been to that exact theater I love a front row seat.  It's nice being able to see facial expressions from up close and  not have any audience members in your way.  My only complaint is that sometimes the leg room is terrible in front row.  At the Longacre I literally could barely fit my size 12 feet between the seat brackets and the wall of the orchestra pit.

THE WHO'S TOMMY Will Return to Broadway in 2021
 Oct 22 2019, 01:00:24 AM

Wick3 said: "In terms of casting I hope Alex Brightman will audition for this show!"

I hope this happens and it gets the Winter Garden to keep the streak alive.

Come From Away seating advice
 Aug 28 2019, 03:15:16 AM

Fosse76 said: "JayElle said: "to me closer is better especially for curtain calls...better cast photo taking"

You're not allowed to take photos,and the production stage manager is pretty militant aboot stopping it.
"

Was going to say the same thing, it caught us by surprise earlier this year because we had seen several other shows that week that all were fine with phones out for curtain call.  

Must be said that I'

2019 Tony Awards Performances
 Jun 6 2019, 08:27:25 PM

Ahh, that is the kind of petty I can get behind, well that and Tom.

2019 Tony Awards Performances
 Jun 6 2019, 08:20:17 PM

MollyJeanneMusic said: "From the looks of John Krause's Insta story, we're getting Wait for Me. I aspire to be the level of petty found in the Hadestown cast and creative team."

What am I missing here?  Why is that petty?

Five shows in four days (Tootsie, Hadestown, Prom, Ferryman, and Octet)
 Jun 4 2019, 01:54:27 AM

Nice to see someone point out Isabelle McCalla killing it in The Prom.  We went in April and had front row seats and she blew us away.  She is acting the hell out of that role and crying on command 8 times a week.  It's ultimately a small part but I can't wait to see what she does next.

Featured Actress -Musical 2019
 Apr 26 2019, 04:53:35 PM

I love Angie Schworer in THE PROM, but I agree that her role is likely too small to be recognized. But I'm very pleased to see that Angie was nominated for a Chita Rivera Award in the category of Outstanding Female Dancer in a Broadway Show."

I was very impressed by Isabelle McCalla when I saw The Prom, but she doesn't have a chance either due to the size of her part.  We were in the front row and she was acting the hell out of her part, hopefully she ge

Strangely specific question about Broadway sippy cups
 Apr 21 2019, 12:35:53 PM

Mine are all Lika or Whirley as well.  The Lika are the white ones with a nicer logo and the flip top lids, the Whirley are the clear ones with a text logo and a twist opening lid.  

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You