Come From Away seating advice

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#1Come From Away seating advice
Posted: 8/12/17 at 1:30am

Sorry if there is already another thread on this, but, if so, I couldn't find it. 

I was planning on buying same day ticket for CFA when I am in NYC in November, but am now second guessing that decision as it's selling so well. 

I see that I can get an Orchestra seat in Row A, Seat 6 (so front row, three seats from aisle) or Row N, Seat 2 (so right off the aisle). Same price for both. 

My two considerations are view and legroom. Row N would seem the better bet in regards to legroom and maybe view. But if A-6 offers a better viewing experience, I'd settle for less leg room as long I can reposition my knee(s) once in a while. 

So for those have seen Come From Away, what seating advice do you have for me? 

Thanks in advance for any helpful responses. 

Updated On: 8/12/17 at 01:30 AM

JayElle Profile Photo
JayElle
#2Come From Away seating advice
Posted: 8/12/17 at 2:11am

to me closer is better especially for curtain calls...better cast photo taking

NYfanfromCA Profile Photo
NYfanfromCA
#3Come From Away seating advice
Posted: 8/12/17 at 2:53am

I sat in H 10 and loved the view from there.  Depending on how high the stage is, I wouldn't sit in the front row because it would be too close for me and I wouldn't want to be looking up the whole time.  I am an E-L orchestra person.  Given your two choices, I would choose N, but that's just me.  I do enjoy seeing the whole stage at once for the set and lighting.

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#4Come From Away seating advice
Posted: 8/12/17 at 3:39am

Thanks. I think I'll go with Row N  I found a couple of websites that helped as well. I've posted links to them below. Worried the Row A seat could end up being partial view as well. 

https://www.vividseats.com/blog/gerald-schoenfeld-theatre-seating-chart-and-events-schedule

http://aviewfrommyseat.com/venue/Gerald+Schoenfeld+Theatre/seating/all/

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#5Come From Away seating advice
Posted: 8/12/17 at 3:57am

Just paid for my Row N seat. Thanks again! 

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#6Come From Away seating advice
Posted: 8/12/17 at 5:48am

That will be a great seat. A would be too close and myopic. It's a very sweet show 

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

schubox
#7Come From Away seating advice
Posted: 8/12/17 at 8:40am

Good choice. I sat on the left aisle seat in Center Orch. Can't remember the exact row, but it was probably only a few rows in front of N. Great view. Front row would have been way too close for this show. You'll want to see the full stage. 

Eliza2 Profile Photo
Eliza2
#8Come From Away seating advice
Posted: 8/12/17 at 11:57am

I've sat front row for this show 3 times and absolutely loved it. Lots of legroom too. 

FANtomFollies Profile Photo
FANtomFollies
#9Come From Away seating advice
Posted: 8/27/19 at 9:18pm

If the choice for tickets is between the extreme right vs extreme left side of the front Mezz, is one better than the other? I've never seen the show and am also wondering if I'll miss anything very important.

Updated On: 8/27/19 at 09:18 PM

BalconyClub Profile Photo
BalconyClub
#10Come From Away seating advice
Posted: 8/27/19 at 11:24pm

Well, the bra scene would be better in LEFT mezz.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#11Come From Away seating advice
Posted: 8/28/19 at 2:11am

They'll both be fine.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Fosse76
#12Come From Away seating advice
Posted: 8/28/19 at 2:19am

JayElle said: "to me closer is better especially for curtain calls...better cast photo taking"

You're not allowed to take photos, and the production stage manager is pretty militant aboot stopping it. 

Darren Pierce
#13Come From Away seating advice
Posted: 8/28/19 at 3:15am

Fosse76 said: "JayElle said: "to me closer is better especially for curtain calls...better cast photo taking"

You're not allowed to take photos,and the production stage manager is pretty militant aboot stopping it.
"

Was going to say the same thing, it caught us by surprise earlier this year because we had seen several other shows that week that all were fine with phones out for curtain call.  

Must be said that I'm fine with no phones, but I was with my daughter and teenage friends who are all avid rule followers and would have appreciated knowing this theater had different rules ahead of time.

As far as seats we were row C center orchestra on the aisle left side and I can't image much better seats. I loved it, probably my favorite show I've every seen.  We were glad to see so many original cast members this far into the run.