News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for broadwaydevil

broadwaydevil Profile Photo
Member Name: broadwaydevil
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Come From Away Rush  Mar 5 2017, 10:11:04 AM

I rushed yesterday (Saturday) - see above. I got there at around after 10 (a few minutes after the box office opened) and they were sold out of the evening performance but still had mezzanine rush tickets. I certainly wouldn't line up so early for this.

Come From Away Rush  Mar 4 2017, 11:34:59 AM

After a failed attempt at rushing Sunday in the Park, I ran over to Come From Away and probably got there at around 10:20 this morning. When I got to the front, evening rush tickets were sold out but matinee was still available. My seats are listed as obstructed - I'll report back how "obstructed" they are. At least for now, this one looks like you don't need to be there extremely early.

DEAR EVAN HANSEN Reviews  Dec 4 2016, 08:05:57 PM

A rave from the Chicago Tribune

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/theater/sc-evan-hansen-broadway-review-ent-1205-20161204-column.html

Sweeney Todd revival at Barrow Street  Oct 23 2016, 06:24:07 PM

Is this a link that can be forwarded? If so, would very much appreciate a PM!

Great Comet ticket 10/22 - 2pm asking $40  Oct 22 2016, 02:36:57 AM

sent you a PM!

Sunday in the Park with George Monday 10/24  Oct 21 2016, 09:53:12 PM

Have a ticket I can't use for Monday the 24th. It's balcony row E.

I paid $75 but will take best offer. I have a physical ticket and can meet in Manhattan on Saturday or Sunday.

PM me with offers.

Falsettos and Book Of Mormon  Oct 21 2016, 12:41:47 AM

You'll have more than enough time to grab a quick dinner as well in between.

Broadway for Hillary Performance List  Oct 17 2016, 09:54:14 PM

HATE when entertainment becomes political. So sad.

Then don't watch. This isn't a concert that is secretly a fundraiser. It's explicitly a Hillary Clinton fundraiser and anyone tuning in, performing, or buying tickets is aware of that fact. No one has been forced to do any of those things. Actors are people too and are allowed to have their own political opinions and do what they'd like when they aren't working, just like you are.

who would have been good for Pierre in Comet ?  Oct 8 2016, 11:10:44 AM

All of the reasons to be upset about Groban's casting, the whole weight argument is a pretty terrible reason to call someone miscast since it's so easily solved by costuming...should the Phantom only be played by people with scars on their faces, should only natural blondes play Elle Woods? 

Jessie Mueller and Matinees?  Oct 5 2016, 12:40:38 AM

The point is your logic doesn't make sense.

Unless there is an alternate who performs matinees, there is no reason why you're "safer" to see a specific performer on a different time than a Saturday matinee. Vacations are often full weeks and illnesses obviously pop up whenever they do. If anything, assuming there's a Sunday performance, I am most familiar with actors taking off Sunday to have 2 days off if they're taking a vacation day, but even that isn't

Songs about growing up  Oct 4 2016, 12:36:14 AM

Reading comprehension: zero.

Songs about growing up  Oct 3 2016, 10:58:10 PM

"Our Time" - Merrily We Roll Along

"Sixteen Going on Seventeen" - Sound of Music

"Corner of the Sky" - Pippin

Is Once a Musical?  Oct 3 2016, 10:28:23 PM

The 1st solo song, "Leave", is about the end of a relationship where we never even meet one half of that couple. "Falling Slowly", the breakout hit number, is a love song sung by 2 people who have only just barely spoken to each other.

I think you need to read the lyrics of "Falling Slowly." It is a song that depicts exactly the scene you described - the first few lines pretty much sum it up. "Leave" also sets up the entire conf

Can You See a Broadway Show Alone Under 18?  Oct 2 2016, 09:17:04 PM

Thank you dramamama. There will be NO problem. I would see shows by myself all the time as a very young looking teenager. 

Idina as Mama Rose?  Sep 24 2016, 07:18:34 PM

No thank you. I don't believe she has the acting chops and I'm skeptical that she has the voice. She also reads as being far too young to play Mama Rose.

Who is going to Hami  Sep 24 2016, 06:55:21 PM

Very few people would get that much security. Most likely only Obama (doubt he's seeing it), Biden, Trump, Clinton, maybe Paul Ryan and John Kerry.

THE FRONT PAGE Previews  Sep 24 2016, 06:25:22 PM

I rushed this today. I got to the box office just as it opened and was maybe 25th in line. The rush tickets were $50 and I was told by the box office attendant that it was "partial view." I was a bit miffed by the idea of paying $50 for a partial view rush seat but bit the bullet. I have no clue why they are calling these partial view. I was in the 7th row, house left in the middle of the row and the view was perfect. Pretty sure everyone around me (including people on my left) paid

THE FRONT PAGE Previews  Sep 23 2016, 12:04:02 AM

Have they announced a rush policy?

THE ENCOUNTER Previews  Sep 21 2016, 11:37:56 PM

Oof I think I'm going to skip this one.

Thanks for all the reviews and for everyone who actually explained what this is since I could not for the life of me understand the concept.

Edward Albee Has Passed  Sep 17 2016, 02:47:45 AM

"I swear, if you existed, I'd divorce you."

Cheers to a legend - RIP Mr. Albee.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You