News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for lt03302

Member Name: lt03302
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

WAY TOO EARLY 2023 Tony Award Predictions  Aug 8 2022, 05:50:41 PM

Haven't seen people really throwing this name out much yet but having seen the pre-Broadway run of & Juliet a few times now, I think Mel La Barrie has a decent shot at a nom (in addition to Betsy)

Girl From The North Country - Broadway  Jun 19 2019, 01:12:16 PM

Does anyone know for sure if the Toronto run this fall is a pre-broadway engagement or an unrelated production? I've seen mixed answers and no official announcement either way

No More Stage Door Autographs  Jun 19 2019, 01:09:55 PM

Regardless of whether or not it's possible to enforce, a lot of actors genuinely enjoy the stagedoor experience. People like Laurel Harris, Christy Altomare, etc. really like getting a chance to meet and talk to their fans and really value the experience. 

DEH Flops in Toronto  May 23 2019, 01:13:24 PM

Looking further into ticket sales, DEH is definitely selling better, or at least the same, as CFA. I really think there's something going on more than the show not selling as they planned.

Down to One  May 23 2019, 01:03:10 PM

V2David said: "I believe the Toronto show was the touring one. So if it was in the Toronto show, it is likely going to be in the NYC one (if the theater has the room).

P.S. I dont believe the Toronto shows were a direct transfer from London. Andrew left the London show to do the Toronto one, but otherwise most of the sets/cast etc. were specific to the Toronto show.
"

There were two Toronto runs, the first one being a direct transfer from London and the sec

DEH Flops in Toronto  May 23 2019, 12:40:36 PM

As someone who is extremely familiar with the Toronto theatre scene, I'm exceedingly surprised and confused by this. The show has been doing well critically, winning awards, and selling out fairly well. They have a small cast and minimal running costs, and Come From Away was able to sustain the cost of the 1500 seat Royal Alex. All of Mirvish's next season had been planned around DEH still being in the Royal Alex, intentionally not slating any other shows for that theatre as they expe

Brennin Hunt joins Pretty Woman  May 22 2019, 06:40:23 PM

I'm sure Brennin will be great but I have trouble believing the show will stay open much longer without Andy and Sam's names

New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?  May 21 2019, 09:23:46 PM

runaways said: "Not to sour any grapes but Hannah Corneau sounds like a very talented high schooler and nothing more. I haven't been this upset about and Elphaba performance since I saw Emma Hunton go on with pneumonia."

I don't know what performance of Wicked you were watching but she is one of the best Elphabas I've ever seen, easily the best lead Elphaba Broadway has had in ages. She's also the first brand new Elphaba to lead Broadway since Lindsay

2019-2020 Touring Season  May 18 2019, 06:09:24 PM

Beautiful is the only equity tour out of those shows"

Beautiful tour is going non-eq after June 30!

Should Six Transfer?  May 18 2019, 05:35:08 PM

I think this goes to the "What's appropriate in a theatre" thread. I just don't think applauding before a number is appropriate in a theatre. Although it's staged as a pop group... they're not. They aren't "playing their greatest hits," they're competing to be the lead singer. Having the audience know the woe's that the Queen will sing about detracts from the purpose of the competition and the main plot of the story. It's not just

Down to One  May 18 2019, 05:23:23 PM

LightsOut90 said: "I am going to assume the tour cast is contractually obligated to be involved."

I don't think they are obligated. The cast made it clear that, though the tour was originally just "postponed," the whole cast was fired and their contracts ended. A few leads and ensemble members from the tour are transferring to this production but I assume it was just because they were offered the job and weren't in a position to turn down a job

2019-2020 Broadway Season  May 13 2019, 04:58:52 PM

I'm still hopeful that we'll be getting Lempicka sometime in the 2019-2020 season

MEAN GIRLS TOUR CAST  May 12 2019, 06:38:09 PM

James Kerrigan2 said: "They're probably gonna cast Tee Boyich as Cady Heron.

"

Tee has explicitly said multiple times that she will not be doing the tour

The Band's Visit tour cast  May 10 2019, 11:59:34 AM

Um Kulthum said: "I'm glad to see Pomme Koch continuing! And how cool to have the father-son duo :)

I've never seen Chilina Kennedy in anything, though I've heard of her in context of "Beautiful." What do we think??

"

I've seen her in Beautiful six times and she is one of the most talented performers I have ever had the pleasure of seeing. I think she'll do an amazing job in this role and I am so excited for her.

New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?  May 9 2019, 07:46:48 PM

bwayrose7 said: "MK is apparently doing Wicked's Stars in the Alley performance tomorrow, so I'm assuming that means she's joining the company?

At this point, I guess I'm also assuming Jake Boyd is a shorter-term Fiyero, since they haven't actually announced him in the role. Last time they did that was with Curt Hansen filling in between Ashley Parker Angel and Ryan McCarten.
"

MK is not performing with Wicked, Laurel Harri

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You