News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Joshua Kilimnik

Joshua Kilimnik Profile Photo
Member Name: Joshua Kilimnik
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Best touring production you have ever seen?
 Nov 4 2019, 10:43:47 PM

BwayLB said: "Grease with Taylor Hicks as Teen Angel! Colorfully stages with high energy direction and choreography by Kathleen Marshall 2009"

The Toronto stop was the first professional production I'd ever seen!

I would like to say the most I've enjoyed a touring production would have to be The Lightning Thief, but I wouldn't necessarily say the very best. I've got no clue if this counts or not, because it essentially turned into a sit-down pr

Dear Evan Hansen going to West End!
 Aug 25 2019, 10:36:03 AM

superiska123 said: "Also, are the performers going to speak in an American accent? I ask since DEH seems like it could easily be adapted to take part in the UK instead of the USA."

In the Toronto production, the opening scene had Heidi Hansen holding an American bill. If they wouldn’t change something like the design of the currency for that production, I don’t think they would for any other.

Dear Evan Hansen going to West End!
 Aug 19 2019, 01:21:53 PM

Hypotheticals of any of the Toronto cast being transferred? Robert Markus, Sean Patrick Dolan and Shakura Dickson (Evan, Connor, Alana) are the only people from that cast who weren't transferred to another production of the show.

The Lightning Thief OBC
 Aug 19 2019, 10:03:33 AM

So delighted the entire touring cast will be returning for the Broadway run! Broadway is in for a really big treat with Jorrel, Sarah and especially Ryan.

Down to One
 Aug 9 2019, 05:18:23 PM

I saw the closing night performance of the original Toronto production, starring a great deal of the original cast. I'm genuinely surprised that almost all of the parts of the show that have stuck in my mind since I saw it have all been taken from the show. Specifically, the car in the pit, the pool jump and the bike exploding were all moments that I thought would be the things to win the New York crowd over. After I saw the show, I described it as "what We Will Rock You wishes it wa

Your Dream Production
 Aug 7 2019, 12:02:58 PM

Rent out a theatre for 25 years, and keep the original production of Les Miserables there for the rest of time.

Next for the Longacre!
 Aug 5 2019, 02:30:24 AM

Wow, if this is true this is bananas. It's sustained an incredibly well-sized cult following but it's not exactly been seen as a production that's been destined to make it to Broadway. I don't think any of its tour stops surpassed a week (occasionally hitting three different cities in a week). That being said, I saw its opening night in Toronto with some friends and complete skepticism and returned on my own accord for the final performance so that I'd get a chan

Sunset Blvd - From Movie to Musical
 Aug 2 2019, 11:46:59 AM

ukpuppetboy said: "Joshua Kilimnik said: "If only I was old enough to see Les Mis with Ramin while it was here, but what can you do."

OMG How young ARE YOU??! Or more to the point how old AM I?! Ramin in Toronto feels like it was last year... Old as I am though at least I got to see Phantom at the Pantages. Twice. Some perks to a few grey hairs.
"

I was only twelve when it (and he) was here! I actually ended up making a coup

Sunset Blvd - From Movie to Musical
 Aug 2 2019, 10:50:22 AM

castlestreet said: "I forgot about the Joseph special!!!

Ah - say what you want about Drabinsky - I miss the days when Toronto was truly a hub for musical theater!
"

I'm so disappointed that I missed out on so many iconic productions in Toronto. I was born long after Saigon, Phantom, Les Mis, CATS, Tommy, etc all had landmark Toronto productions. Really the only "landmark" thing Toronto has at the moment now that Dear Evan Hansen lef

Large Group Musical for Competition!
 Aug 2 2019, 10:39:51 AM

"Welcome to the Rock" from Come From Away maybe?

Hal Prince has died
 Jul 31 2019, 11:52:59 AM

Would reccommend a rewatch of the wonderful documentary Harold Prince - The Director's Life. I caught it on PBS a few months ago and opened my eyes to a lot of insight of his productions that I never would have thought about, redowloaded it just now to rewatch.

Hal Prince has died
 Jul 31 2019, 11:43:39 AM

Wow. One of those people you just take for granted as being immortal. What an incredible legacy he has left behind.

Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
 Jul 20 2019, 01:15:08 PM

Valentina3 said: "qolbinau said: "Does it mean anything that her name is below the title of the show though? They are very much not presented as equals there, but it's nice that it is the same size."

How many Tonys does one have to win to have their name above title? This is bs.
"

This is a reach. It's aesthetically pleasing from a graphic design standpoint and makes geometrical sense and nothing more. Even still realistically, a

DEH Flops in Toronto
 Jun 26 2019, 12:16:43 PM

yyys said: "I hated DEH. Probably the worst musical EVER."

Cool.

re: Much Anticipated Musicals That Crashed & Burned - Big Time
 Jun 22 2019, 08:49:51 PM
It’s my honour to be the inaugural Love Never Dies mention. It finally found its footing on the touring circuit eight years after it premiered, but holy crap you can’t define too many crash and burns that were bigger than that was.
Be more chill when will it close
 Jun 20 2019, 09:51:58 PM
Well, there we go. August 11th.
Theater Gunshots
 Jun 10 2019, 03:55:38 PM

I'm sure it's a pretty well-known one, but just for the sake of it being in the thread a notable gunshot is in The Phantom of the Opera.

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content

As they're preparing to perform Don Juan Triumphant, officers surround the theater and an announcement is made to secure the doors. As the doors are secur

2019 Tony Awards Performances
 Jun 6 2019, 12:14:07 PM

Rob McClure (Adam Maitland in Beetlejuice) posted a photo of Beetlejuice's Tony rehearsal at RCMH, and the coffin in the background all but confirms that they're going to be doing The Whole Being Dead Thing in the same way they did it on The Today Show.

DEH Flops in Toronto
 May 30 2019, 07:31:27 AM

Tag said: "The staging or the book or even castingdoesn't enterinto it. The show itself is not a problem whatsoever; it's still selling minimum $99 seats on Broadway on its fourth Evan replacement with no sign of stopping any time soon, the tour broke even recently and therefore definitely remains popular cross-country. Both of those productions have been seeingsuccess, so why Toronto specifically?

Toronto has better taste?"
<

DEH Flops in Toronto
 May 29 2019, 11:42:44 AM

The staging or the book or even casting doesn't enter into it. The show itself is not a problem whatsoever; it's still selling minimum $99 seats on Broadway on its fourth Evan replacement with no sign of stopping any time soon, the tour broke even recently and therefore definitely remains popular cross-country. Both of those productions have been seeing success, so why Toronto specifically?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You