News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for dream_rider

Member Name: dream_rider
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

THE MUSIC MAN Previews
 Jan 25 2022, 10:09:49 AM

I have a chance to see this show in April but it would be a Wed matinee... would Hugh and Sutton be likely to perform that show, all things being good?

Moulin Rouge seating
 Aug 4 2019, 07:12:23 PM

We were in OrchR row  Q and I believe the only thing we missed was Satine descending.

Manilow on Broadway
 Aug 1 2019, 11:06:07 AM

dramamama611 said: "Did he whinney?"

I LOL'd at this. Thank you.

Moulin Rouge Previews
 Jul 25 2019, 08:37:58 AM

I was there Tuesday night.

Moulin Rouge Previews
 Jul 24 2019, 10:06:00 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "Just getting in from tonight’s performance. Having seen the show last year, there were definitely things I liked and quite a few that I didn’t like about it and I had been disheartened to read not much has changed in a year. But I really was pleasantly surprised tonight at how much I enjoyed it! The show obviously is a sumptuous treat to look at and never leaves you wanting for something to look at. I was most surprised by the chemistry between Olivo & Tveit, which I found non existent in Boston but was excellent here.
I still wish some of the music was changed and that “Firework” was taken out and Satine given back “One Day I’ll Fly Away”, but strangely it didn’t bother me as much tonight as it did before.

I will say my one very big complaint is the ending. Satine is robbed of a proper death scene by the awful writing there. “Christian, by the way I’m dying. Sorry but write me well, K?”
is basically what she’s given before she dies. I want to cry at hat moment and the writing as it is now completely robs me of that. Why couldn’t they sing a reprise of “Come What May” or “Your Song” together right there? That really just pissed me off, actually. But other than that the show is greatly tightened up and trimmed, which solved a lot of the problems it had originally. I’m looking forward to seeing it after opening and hoping for a few more tweaks between now and then, but as everyone else has said - this is going to run for years.
"

I love this review and couldn't agree more. We saw it last night (hub and me) and I had such mixed feelings. We LOVE the movie and were really looking forward to this with fingers crossed. I felt like the chemistry between C and S was almost non-existent. The ending was horribly disappointing. I can cry fairly easily at death scenes and didn't shed a tear.

The audience really seemed to be into it (actually, a little too much, the screaming during anything sexy got pretty annoying) so it I'm probably in the minority. I was glad to find this thread because it helped me feel I wasn't being hyper-critical.

Loved quite a bit about it but not what I feel were the most important things.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You