THE MUSIC MAN Previews

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#1THE MUSIC MAN Previews
Posted: 12/19/21 at 12:01am

The Wells Fargo Wagon is back in town.

Happy trouble returns to River City, Iowa, as the third Broadway revival of The Music Man finally begins previews tomorrow night at the Winter Garden Theatre; opening night is currently set for February 10. This production features a 24-piece orchestra (not quite 76 trombones and 110 cornets!) and an astounding cast of 46, led by Tony winners Hugh Jackman, Sutton Foster, Jefferson Mays, Jayne Houdyshell, Shuler Hensley, and Marie Mullen. The revival features an iconic score and book by Meredith Willson, choreography by Warren Carlyle, and direction by Jerry Zaks. 

As previously announced, longtime West End theatre administrator Kate Horton will be making her Broadway debut as executive producer of The Music Man.

“There is trouble in River City when con artist Harold Hill arrives in town. There’s only one problem with his plans – he falls in love with the straight-laced librarian, Marian. Featuring songs such as ‘76 Trombones,’ ‘Ya Got Trouble,’ ‘Til There Was You,’ ‘Pick-A-Little, Talk-A-Little,’ and ‘Gary, Indiana.’”

This already sounds / looks like one of the hottest shows of the season - who’s going?!

Oh look, a bibu!

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#2THE MUSIC MAN Previews
Posted: 12/19/21 at 12:25am

Really crossing my fingers for them… it’s a shame all that’s happened this past week, let alone it coinciding with the beginning of their run. Wishing them all well, onstage and behind the scenes. Luckily they have a lengthy preview period built in. 

jo
#3THE MUSIC MAN Previews
Posted: 12/20/21 at 8:14am

Hugh Jackman  shares a photo --

https://www.instagram.com/p/CXtJ8jDLJ9b/

THE MUSIC MAN Previews

Updated On: 12/20/21 at 08:14 AM

bwayobsessed
#4THE MUSIC MAN Previews
Posted: 12/20/21 at 9:12am

What number is this pic from?

SueFB
#5THE MUSIC MAN Previews
Posted: 12/20/21 at 9:18am

bwayobsessed said: "What number is this pic from?"

I believe it's from Shipoopi. 

bwayobsessed
#6THE MUSIC MAN Previews
Posted: 12/20/21 at 9:43am

Does Shipoopi not take place outside in the musical? I’m more familiar with the movies

SueFB
#7THE MUSIC MAN Previews
Posted: 12/20/21 at 10:25am

bwayobsessed said: "Does Shipoopi not take place outside in the musical? I’m more familiar with the movies"

I don't know. My speculation was based on one of the cast members commenting "SHIPOOPI!" on their social media over this photo. It also seems odd that Harold is wearing such casual clothing, right?  I guess we'll know after tonight! 

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#8THE MUSIC MAN Previews
Posted: 12/20/21 at 10:26am

In the musical, Shipoopi occurs indoors and at the top of Act 2.

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#9THE MUSIC MAN Previews
Posted: 12/20/21 at 10:30am

I love the color palette, and it reminds me of the new West Side Story.

Updated On: 12/20/21 at 10:30 AM

bwayobsessed
#10THE MUSIC MAN Previews
Posted: 12/20/21 at 10:31am

SueFB said: "bwayobsessed said: "Does Shipoopi not take place outside in the musical? I’m more familiar with the movies"

I don't know. My speculation was based on one of the cast members commenting "SHIPOOPI!" on their social media over this photo. It also seems odd that Harold is wearing such casual clothing, right? I guess we'll know after tonight!
"

I was also thinking Harold looked very casual for Shipoopi. Maybe it was just like a rehearsal shot? Though it would be sorta weird for Joan Marcus to be photographing that…

Alex Kulak2
#11THE MUSIC MAN Previews
Posted: 12/20/21 at 10:35am

That cast is probably all hanging out in hazmat suits right now.

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#12THE MUSIC MAN Previews
Posted: 12/20/21 at 10:55am

So... any word from the first preview?

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

Dolly80
#13THE MUSIC MAN Previews
Posted: 12/20/21 at 11:00am

Valentina3 said: "So... any word from the first preview?"

Let me check my crystal ball and look into the future…

Amy Archer
#14THE MUSIC MAN Previews
Posted: 12/20/21 at 11:01am

Seems like a lot of River City decided to wear marigold yellow on the same day. 

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#15THE MUSIC MAN Previews
Posted: 12/20/21 at 11:05am

I can imagine Hugh is living like Bubble Boy right now.

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#17THE MUSIC MAN Previews
Posted: 12/20/21 at 11:11am

Valentina3 said: "So... any word from the first preview?"

First preview is tonight Monday December 20, 2021.

Last night Sunday December 19, 2021 was the invited dress rehearsal performance.  

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#18THE MUSIC MAN Previews
Posted: 12/20/21 at 11:18am

Invited dress was Saturday night, and there are a couple of second-hand reactions on the other thread.

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#19THE MUSIC MAN Previews
Posted: 12/20/21 at 11:25am

bwayobsessed said: "SueFB said: "bwayobsessed said: "Does Shipoopi not take place outside in the musical? I’m more familiar with the movies"

I don't know. My speculation was based on one of the cast members commenting "SHIPOOPI!" on their social media over this photo. It also seems odd that Harold is wearing such casual clothing, right? I guess we'll know after tonight!
"

I was also thinking Harold looked very casual for Shipoopi. Maybe it was just like a rehearsal shot? Though it would be sorta weird for Joan Marcus to be photographing that…
"

“Shipoopi” takes place in the gym as everyone is rehearsing for the ice cream social. It doesn’t take place at the actual event like in the movie.

BCfitasafiddle
#20THE MUSIC MAN Previews
Posted: 12/20/21 at 11:29am

This looks so joyous. Just what we could use, a healthy dose of fun. I can't wait to see. Hopefully rush tickets work out.

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#21THE MUSIC MAN Previews
Posted: 12/20/21 at 11:46am

BrodyFosse123 said: "Valentina3 said: "So... any word from the first preview?"

First preview is tonight Monday December 20, 2021.

Last night Sunday December 19, 2021 was the invited dress rehearsal performance.
"

Whoops, my brain is all fried up. I meant to ask about the dress rehearsal. Was anyone there? :)

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#22THE MUSIC MAN Previews
Posted: 12/20/21 at 11:49am

There were a couple of accounts on the other thread.

Any rush news? Although my rush days are over lol, I’m curious how early people got there, where seats are located, etc.

Auggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
#23THE MUSIC MAN Previews
Posted: 12/20/21 at 11:54am

Minority opinion: It's refreshing to see Harold not wear a suit or suitcoat in every scene. It's the middle of summer, so his attire makes sense. Also, this is a dancing Harold Hill, so this makes performing sense. 

"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling

SueFB
#24THE MUSIC MAN Previews
Posted: 12/20/21 at 11:55am

HeyMrMusic said: "There were a couple of accounts on the other thread.

Any rush news? Although my rush days are over lol, I’m curious how early people got there, where seats are located, etc.
"

I saw a mention that the first folks in line today got there at 4 am. 

jo
#25THE MUSIC MAN Previews
Posted: 12/20/21 at 12:19pm

Hugh sends a message, as he arrives at the theatre very early.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CXtmNxkJgod/